No Time to Die production thread

Comments

@boldfinger I'm sure they'll find ways to capture the sense of freezing water somehow. We just have to wait and see!

I just had a look at Kjetil C Astrup's own website. Maybe some stuff from there might give an indication how the underwater shots might look like?

The secret blockbuster can't be Black Widow. Marvel doesn't shoot in real locations any more. They shoot everything on a blue screen in Atlanta, Gerogia.

@Benjamin_Weekly69 I'm off topic, but if this is true I find it very sad.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    @boldfinger I'm sure they'll find ways to capture the sense of freezing water somehow. We just have to wait and see!

I just had a look at Kjetil C Astrup's own website. Maybe some stuff from there might give an indication how the underwater shots might look like?

That last video, admittedly, was very impressive visually.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,272

That last video, admittedly, was very impressive visually.

There's some nice shots in there for sure. Imagine ice, some icy clear blue water and a well-choreographed underwater fight, and we might have an idea what the sequence is about.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    James Bond film insider spills beans on never-done-before fight scene
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/film/james-bond-film-insider-spills-16238924

And star Craig reportedly tore an ankle ligament during early filming in Jamaica, halting production while he recovered.

This sounds like Craig didn't finish filming his scenes in Jamaica. Will they return there later? Is this even possible?
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 787
    Again though - do we really think there was any fight choreography going on in 1-degree water? You'd be in heated drysuits and helmets. In that case, no need for Craig to do it himself. Did we see evidence of extensive underwater shooting in the photos we saw of the lake and cabin? And considering the logistical and safety concerns, why not di the underwater work in a tank on set?

This whole thing just doesn't make sense to me.
    Black Widow is filming in Norway - gorgeous looking shots coming in.

Wasn't this supposed to have wrapped by now? What's the latest in terms of Bond 25's return? From the looks of things, perhaps Marvel are using the Atlanta Road.

Could two big Hollywood productions be shooting in Norway next week? It seems unlikely since a lot of the Norway crew who worked on Bond 25 are now on Black Widow.
    About Dan's injury, found this in an article online. Good sum up. The guy had it worse than Pierce's upper lip.

2DB690DC00000578-0-image-a-40_1445634978186.jpg
    octofinger wrote: »
    Again though - do we really think there was any fight choreography going on in 1-degree water? You'd be in heated drysuits and helmets. In that case, no need for Craig to do it himself. Did we see evidence of extensive underwater shooting in the photos we saw of the lake and cabin? And considering the logistical and safety concerns, why not di the underwater work in a tank on set?

This whole thing just doesn't make sense to me.

There wasn't much coverage from Lutvann, where they filmed the underwater stuff. The area was closed off, if I remember correctly. The only photos we've seen so far are photos like these by Dagbladet and other local media, and a video (again by Dagbladet) that had a reporter walking around the area they were shooting.
    70915243.jpg?imageId=70915243.jpg&width=640&height=384
    Bond4-2.jpg
    Bond3-2.jpg
    70915237.jpg?imageId=70915237.jpg&width=1024&height=615
    70915231.jpg?imageId=70915231&panow=97.222222222222&panoh=50.777202072539&panox=0&panoy=24.352331606218&heightw=41.156462585034&heighth=100&heightx=3.4013605442177&heighty=0&width=1200&height=630
    Black Widow is filming in Norway - gorgeous looking shots coming in.

Wasn't this supposed to have wrapped by now? What's the latest in terms of Bond 25's return? From the looks of things, perhaps Marvel are using the Atlanta Road.

The media only reported that the Sæbø location shoots were over, which was confirmed by Truenorth. They then moved the production to Åndalsnes, where that big ship housing the crew and cast is anchored. According to VG, they couldn't use one of the few hotels in the area, as that was booked by the Børning 3 production.

https://www.vg.no/rampelys/film/i/8mO33d/hollywood-maatte-vike-for-boerning-derfor-bor-marvel-produksjonen-i-baat
    Could two big Hollywood productions be shooting in Norway next week? It seems unlikely since a lot of the Norway crew who worked on Bond 25 are now on Black Widow.

I'm sure they can. We'll know in a few days how things turn out.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Univex wrote: »
    About Dan's injury, found this in an article online. Good sum up. The guy had it worse than Pierce's upper lip.

2DB690DC00000578-0-image-a-40_1445634978186.jpg

And he keeps coming back for more. Tremendous.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    James Bond film insider spills beans on never-done-before fight scene
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/film/james-bond-film-insider-spills-16238924

And star Craig reportedly tore an ankle ligament during early filming in Jamaica, halting production while he recovered.

This sounds like Craig didn't finish filming his scenes in Jamaica. Will they return there later? Is this even possible?

They have deleted the article... A case of making stuff up themselves again?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Bond himself says in TND that he doesn trust anything the press prints. A sound attitude.
    Yet another article behind a paywall, but it looks like they've started preparing for filming on the Atlantic Road. Maybe we'll see more reports throughout the day.

Airplane lands with equipment for film shoot on the Atlantic Road.

IMG_3109.jpg

https://www.rbnett.no/nyheter/2019/06/03/Her-lander-flyet-med-utstyr-til-innspilling-på-Atlanterhavsvegen-19174163.ece
  • manovermanover uk
    Is it for black widow or bond 25?
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Who knows? But we're getting closer to day 5 and 7, dates that were slated for Bond, I think.

Cool looking plane, though.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Yet another article behind a paywall, but it looks like they've started preparing for filming on the Atlantic Road. Maybe we'll see more reports throughout the day.

IMG_3109.jpg

https://www.rbnett.no/nyheter/2019/06/03/Her-lander-flyet-med-utstyr-til-innspilling-på-Atlanterhavsvegen-19174163.ece

Extremely happy to see An-128 plane used by Bond production (I hope) as this plane is from my native country Ukraine)
    Pavlo wrote: »

IMG_3109.jpg

Extremely happy to see An-128 plane used by Bond production (I hope) as this plane is from my native country Ukraine)

Interesting! The headline suggest it's carrying equipment, but you never know – it might serve more than just one purpose. Remains to be seen which production it's for.

The local newspaper (Romsdals Budstikke) have updated the front page link with another image:

Bond.jpg
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

IMG_3109.jpg

Interesting! The headline suggest it's carrying equipment, but you never know – it might serve more than just one purpose. Remains to be seen which production it's for.

The local newspaper (Romsdals Budstikke) have updated the front page link with another image:

Bond.jpg

If production group and all the equipment for filming is arriving in Norway today then shooting might start tomorrow. I think that today is a day to prepare. But maybe we can get some photos of crew today.

IMG_3109.jpg

Bond.jpg

If production group and all the equipment for filming is arriving in Norway today then shooting might start tomorrow. I think that today is a day to prepare. But maybe we can get some photos of crew today.

One of the typical things Eon does when it arrives on location is take a photo with the cast to announce filming. It's exclusively done only for the locale press, but it's a tradition going back for years now.

I imagine it's a deal done with the local governments and tourist boards who approve filming. Mainly to promote the country and sell the fact Bond has arrived.

If Bond is back in Norway - and the tax credits story is accurate - than I'd expect a shot of Daniel Craig and a token cast member to be online soon.

BOND-Alps-Slider.jpg
    SITE3-2.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=DBGQuwJHbWw

It would also be a great chance to show Daniel back on set after the injury. A simple opportunity to generate some more publicity.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium

IMG_3109.jpg

Bond.jpg

It would also be a great chance to show Daniel back on set after the injury. A simple opportunity to generate some more publicity.

But now comes the million dollar question: has Craig already recovered fully to jump back into filming? The two weeks off were officially announced on the 22nd of May. We know that the operation itself had not taken place by then. The two weeks recovery are not over yet.

I still think that only a 3 day shoot on the Atlantic Road is too narrow to pull off the driving (chase?) sequence shot from afar, close-ups of the actors *and* possible stunts. So my guess remains that the Atlantic Road shoot from the 5th to the 7th is second unit only, and director and principal cast will be flown in later to do other scenes.
    In an old fishing factory in Årsbogen, large amounts of technical equipment is now being stored for the film shoot on the Atlantic Road.

IMG_3116.jpg

Yet another article behind a paywall…

https://www.rbnett.no/nyheter/2019/06/03/Har-inntatt-gammel-fiskefabrikk-på-Årsbogen-19178624.ece

IMG_3109.jpg

Bond.jpg

One of the typical things Eon does when it arrives on location is take a photo with the cast to announce filming. It's exclusively done only for the locale press, but it's a tradition going back for years now.

I imagine it's a deal done with the local governments and tourist boards who approve filming. Mainly to promote the country and sell the fact Bond has arrived.

If Bond is back in Norway - and the tax credits story is accurate - than I'd expect a shot of Daniel Craig and a token cast member to be online soon.

Would be great if they did some sort of announcement. Wouldn't count on it though. As for the incentives, that's been confirmed by the Film Institute long ago (see "B25" in the announcement).

https://www.nfi.no/aktuelt/2019/insentivtilskudd-til-internasjonal-storfilm-norsk-dramaserie-og-hbo-serie
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

IMG_3109.jpg

Bond.jpg

But now comes the million dollar question: has Craig already recovered fully to jump back into filming? The two weeks off were officially announced on the 22nd of May. We know that the operation itself had not taken place by then. The two weeks recovery are not over yet.

I still think that only a 3 day shoot on the Atlantic Road is too narrow to pull off the driving (chase?) sequence shot from afar, close-ups of the actors *and* possible stunts. So my guess remains that the Atlantic Road shoot from the 5th to the 7th is second unit only, and director and principal cast will be flown in later to do other scenes.

Daniel has problems with his knee, it allows him to film car chase scenes. Classically legs are not visually required for car chase scenes. If scene contains some running stuff then yes, Daniel's problems with health will be obstacle, but classic car chase scene on Atlantic Road can be done with Daniel, even with problematic knee.

And we saw photos of Daniel in Pinewood. Probably he returned to filming some time ago.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

IMG_3109.jpg

Bond.jpg

Daniel has problems with his knee, it allows him to film car chase scenes. Classically legs are not visually required for car chase scenes. If scene contains some running stuff then yes, Daniel's problems with health will be obstacle, but classic car chase scene on Atlantic Road can be done with Daniel, even with problematic knee.

And we saw photos of Daniel in Pinewood. Probably he returned to filming some time ago.

They could shoot a car chase on the Atlantic Road without Daniel in any car at all. They could shoot plates on location and put him in the car in the studio and composite the two, and we'd never even know.
    True, they’ve done it before
    NRK with a new article not directly related to Bond, but rather about the existing incentive scheme. If this is correct, we'll see filming starting Wednesday:

"Rumours have flourished about «James Bond» coming back to the country after having been in Nittedal two months ago. The helicopter company that also worked on «Black Widow», has been informed that it’s Bond that will be filmed on the Atlantic Road in North-Møre starting Wednesday.

It’s worth noting that the 25th Bond film receives 47 millions through the incentive scheme. «Black Widow» is not listed."

https://www.nrk.no/mr/far-hollywood-til-noreg_-_-opp-til-regjeringa-om-vi-far-meir-av-dette-1.14573126

Interestingly, the Marvel production hasn't received any incentives. That might suggest a limited shoot in Norway for Black Widow, and perhaps that will mean that Truenorth will be working on Bond going forward. Then again, Marvel Studios probably have a lot of funds available, being a a subsidiary of Walt Disney Studios.
    Surely this means that any time soon we will see a new Bond Car. Now that doesn’t happen every day. Please.... surprise us and not be a Rapide E
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Giugiaro wrote: »
    Surely this means that any time soon we will see a new Bond Car. Now that doesn’t happen every day. Please.... surprise us and not be a Rapide E

Why not Rapid E?
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Giugiaro wrote: »

Why not Rapide E?

Because it's a four door saloon. A sedan. We haven't had that since TND's 750iL. It's a boring choice, given that Aston Martin has been producing brilliant new vehicles throughout the last two years. Bond needs a vantage, a DB11, a DBS superleggera, a 003, or a Vanquish Vision. Not a four door saloon. I don't care about it being electric or not, just don't make it boring. Even my roadster is less boring than a Rapide.

Didn't we see a white Porsche Panamera being followed by a mini camera rig at some point, regarding the Atlantic Road? Maybe they were training with a car from the same segment as the Rapide? I hope it's not the Rapide, but hey, if it is, at least its an AM.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    All I ask is that it has a numberplate on the front.

The fact that the DB10 doesnt still annoys me.
    "Bond is approaching"

Some more from a website covering things in the area of shooting, by the looks of it. The stuff at the bottom is unrelated, but from the first four images it seems like things are being prepared. Notice the road sign in image number two, indicating that the road will be closed up to two hours at the time between June 5-7, from 6 AM to midnight. From the website:

"Many rental cars from Hertz with a large crew has arrived in the area; mainly Kårvåg. Many people wonder what's about to happen. The road will be completely closed, but it will be available to pass through for people traveling, etc."

https://www.brunsvika.net/nyhetsarkiv-alle-artikler/25673-bond-naermer-seg