The ROGER MOORE Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

Yeah, I love that character.
    Revelator wrote: »
    losing the execution of Luigi

I'd love to know more about this.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I'd love to know more about this.

Me too! Maibaum's papers are stored at the University of Iowa, and the collection includes 13 boxes of Bond scripts. Someone could write a terrific book about all the different and unused material in them.
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    I didn't know that about Peter Hunt being considered for FYEO. Would have been intriguing to see him handle his second, though I reckon he would have pushed for script changes, I reckon the humour would been reeled in a little!

From what I noted earlier, it sounds like Maibaum's scripts (to which Hunt might have had some input) were for a more serious film. So the script might have changed more then it would if Hunt had stayed on.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Another example of mediocrity trumping genius.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    I wonder what Lewis Gilbert would have done with the more toned done scripts like FYEO and (to an extend) OP. Overal I really like the look of MR and TSWLM more. Sorry for going a bit off topic.
    I think OP is a fantastic film with a good plot and characters.
    Plus it introduced Sir Roger into the plights in India and overall UNICEF.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Agreed, it is a fantastic film! Maybe some minor things that could have been done better, but to be honest, that applies to just about any film. Sir Roger's performance is very good in this one too.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,541

I really like OP except the title...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Jeffrey wrote: »

Agreed, it is a fantastic film! Maybe some minor things that could have been done better, but to be honest, that applies to just about any film. Sir Roger's performance is very good in this one too.

It really grew on me during my last watch.
    Roger Moore does a perfect Barbara Bach impression:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yoa9pVmyoPA&t=14m52s
    For the Dutch Netflix subscribers, I noticed that Ffolkes was recently added (don't know if it's available in other countries too): https://www.netflix.com/watch/70027684?trackId=13752289
  • Agreed - Moore was never the purists' 007 - as he himself would have been the first to admit - but he was a safe pair of hands who "kept the British end up" throughout the '70s and well into the '80s. A likeable and charismatic screen presence with the kind of broad audience appeal that few other actors could match.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    Jeffrey wrote: »
    For the Dutch Netflix subscribers, I noticed that Ffolkes was recently added (don't know if it's available in other countries too): https://www.netflix.com/watch/70027684?trackId=13752289

Seen it last week on Netflix. Quite surprising such quite unknown film is on Netflix. Roger's part is pretty amusing.
    MR 40 today :)
    FFOLKES (I believe it was titled NORTH SEA HIJACK in the U.K.) is supposed to be getting a Blu-ray release here in the States sometime later this year, on the Kino label.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    CraterGuns wrote: »
    FFOLKES (I believe it was titled NORTH SEA HIJACK in the U.K.) is supposed to be getting a Blu-ray release here in the States sometime later this year, on the Kino label.

That makes me very happy.

moore2.jpg
    CraterGuns wrote: »

That makes me very happy.

moore2.jpg
    Kino's North American (Region A) Blu-ray release of FFOLKES has been announced for October 1st, 2019.

No word on cover art or bonus features as yet...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Cortina, featured in FYEO, has been chosen as the co-host of the 2026 Winter Olympics, alongside Milan.

• edited August 2019 Posts: 1,637

Most Moore sgd posters are repros , this is the real thing :D
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 1,637
    Boy , did they edit the LALD poster in Italy : no black woman , only the boat in the fore ground , orange cop car instead of white and no croc , lol

(If people only knew hos much money to get it linen backed , travel to Lon to get it sgd.....it adds up)
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 2,887
    DVDBeaver reviews the new Blu-Ray of Ffolkes: "It's not the most stellar looking film-to-digital but is clean and in 1080P. Without undue scrutiny, most will appreciate the HD video appearance...Nice to see Roger Moore attempt to break out of his Bondian 'mold' of debonair, fun and witty womanizer, and the film has a good storyline. "
  • KopperudKopperud Norway
    One of the things I'm hoping for when NTTD hits the silver screen in April, is to read "In Loving Memory of Roger Moore" when the end credits start to roll.

A nice nod to the man who made seven movies and was a great spokesperson for the series in the years that followed.

I think it should be the tradition when each Bond actor passes away.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Kopperud wrote: »
    One of the things I'm hoping for when NTTD hits the silver screen in April, is to read "In Loving Memory of Roger Moore" when the end credits start to roll.

A nice nod to the man who made seven movies and was a great spokesperson for the series in the years that followed.

100% agree! 🤞
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

+1

+1

If they don't do something like that, I'll be hugely disappointed.

I could not agree Moore my friend.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    It would be a nice tribute.