The World of GoldenEye: A Comprehensive Study on the Seventeenth James Bond Film And Its Legacy

Comments

• NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Hi guys, just letting you know in case you have Bond Twitter accounts: if this post gets retweeted 1995 times before May 16, I'll release a full chapter of my book as a "preview":
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    +1....up to 49 now.
    +1....up to 49 now.

thx.jpg

;)
    thematador14.jpg?token=%2F0FNxy6OVw8K%2BPsww90QWyJtt5o%3D
    mattjoes wrote: »
    thematador14.jpg?token=%2F0FNxy6OVw8K%2BPsww90QWyJtt5o%3D

:))
    Three things to say:

1 - Happy birthday Pierce Brosnan!

2 - Take a lot at the booktrailer:

3- Later today, a whole chapter of the book will be published to give you a better taste of it! Stay alert to bit.do/goldeneyeworld .

4- Thank y'all for the huge support! :)
    Three things to say:

1 - Happy birthday Pierce Brosnan!

2 - Take a lot at the booktrailer:

3- Later today, a whole chapter of the book will be published to give you a better taste of it! Stay alert to bit.do/goldeneyeworld .

4- Thank y'all for the huge support! :)

4. You are very welcome.
    Read a chapter of the book IN FULL over here!
    bit.do/goldeneyeworld
    Interview with Benjamin Lind of The Bond Bulletin here:
    Just wanted to say, @NS_writings I read that first chapter and it was wonderful.
    Thank you very much @FrankXavier - and that's only 15 pages out of around 140 ;)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited May 2019 Posts: 17,728

Great interview, @NS_writings. I really enjoyed it. It was nice to hear your reasoning for writing the book and your passion for GoldenEye really shone through!
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Great interview, @NS_writings. I really enjoyed it. It was nice to hear your reasoning for writing the book and your passion for GoldenEye really shone through!

Thanks mate, sorry if my English voice was a bit rusty. It'll get perfected in due time ;)
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Thanks mate, sorry if my English voice was a bit rusty. It'll get perfected in due time ;)

Your voice was fine and your English is great. It was nice to finally hear the voice behind the words on this forum and on Twitter!
    Thank you @Dragonpol, I was worried at first when I saw a preliminary version of the interview!

Oh, I've been featured on the historical UnivEx site, too: https://universalexports.net/the-world-of-goldeneye/
    Thank you @Dragonpol, I was worried at first when I saw a preliminary version of the interview!

Oh, I've been featured on the historical UnivEx site, too: https://universalexports.net/the-world-of-goldeneye/

No need to worry as you did great! You're getting some good promotion done for the book which is nice to see. :)
    barracks.png

"I have a small surprise from your friends back at the barracks" ;)

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The official release date for The World of GoldenEye has been pulled back to June 1, 2019. The 25th anniversary of the day when talent manager Fred Spector phoned Pierce Brosnan to tell him he was on board Bond.

However, you can start ordering the book over here ;)
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/1095078755

PS. Thank you @Dragonpol, when I first heard the video I said "oh, my English sucks" :-O
    barracks.png

"I have a small surprise from your friends back at the barracks" ;)

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The official release date for The World of GoldenEye has been pulled back to June 1, 2019. The 25th anniversary of the day when talent manager Fred Spector phoned Pierce Brosnan to tell him he was on board Bond.

However, you can start ordering the book over here ;)
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/1095078755

PS. Thank you @Dragonpol, when I first heard the video I said "oh, my English sucks" :-O

Great, just ordered a copy there and hope to write up some sort of review too. I wish you every success with this impressive book, @NS_writings!
    Thank you @Dragonpol! BTW, your edition (as well as my own), might have a small inconsistency on the page numbers for the very last chapters (forgot to update the index, I'm fixing it now). Please excuse me. Every page coincides with its number except for the last chapter which is the film's timeline. Anyway, hopefully this is solve since they'll print and ship ours in a few days.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    SPANISH COVER

Via Archivo 007: https://bit.ly/30WNrdF

18cc7533d0198679569a5d5d3cace00ad985870f.png

3ecdddf7436f9fdba67e1ef0c5790ac972b296cb.png

Thanks, @NS_writings !

You all have to read this book… in whatever language! Who could beat this…? ;)

25f8c3de23c95c56d283b37d2d2cb6b3d8fad83d.jpeg
    Gracias @ggl007!

As a Spanish speaker myself I know that many Bond fans don't understand English, so I tought I had to make a Spanish version as well and with a different cover artwork, to please collectors.

Pueden visitar el sitio en español en: bit.do/mundogoldeneye
    Spanish translation: A Study on the Movie of James Bond and Its Legacy

Correct! The accurate translation of the original should be: "Un estudio comprehensivo de la decimoséptima película de James Bond y su legado". But I decided to simplify it on the translation. ;)

Correct! The accurate translation of the original should be: "Un estudio comprehensivo de la decimoséptima película de James Bond y su legado". But I decided to simplify it on the translation. ;)

Ooh, after taking two years of Spanish in high school I actually got a fairly long phrase exactly right for once, haha.
    D7-RVWCXYAAbLi-.jpg

OUT NOW! bit.do/goldeneyeworld
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Oh wow, not sure why I was thinking it wouldn't come until much later on. Time to purchase my copy, thanks for the heads up.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Oh wow, not sure why I was thinking it wouldn't come until much later on. Time to purchase my copy, thanks for the heads up.

My pleasure! And if you know someone who doesn't do well with English, there's also a Spanish version coming in one month (bit.do/mundogoldeneye). That's also applicable for someone who wants to purchase different editions of a book for the cover artwork ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Damn, perhaps not now; wouldn't let the order go through and now it reads as 'out of print'.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Damn, perhaps not now; wouldn't let the order go through and now it reads as 'out of print'.

I'm having a small issue with the BankGothic font which their printers can't read properly. As soon as this is solved the book will be up again. @Creasy47
    What program did you design the cover in? If it's Adobe Illustrator, try creating outlines.