The World of GoldenEye: A Comprehensive Study on the Seventeenth James Bond Film And Its Legacy

24

Comments

  • DragonpolDragonpol Flying round the stage like a lizard and that.
    Posts: 12,869
    Thank you @Dragonpol! I'll investigate the connection with Barbarossa and see if I can add something before this is send to print later this month.

    An exclusive excerpt will be published later on www.thebondbulletin.com, late tonight or tomorrow.

    Great news! I'm looking forward to any links you may find.

    Also looking forward to reading the excerpt!
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Posts: 404
    ggl007 wrote: »
    I love these works of love dedicated to a favourite film. Passion is essential in a writing process and I'm sure it will be worth the price.

    Congratulations, @NS_writings!

    Muchísimas gracias! You know, it appeared many of us shared the same passions ;)
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Thank you @Dragonpol! I'll investigate the connection with Barbarossa and see if I can add something before this is send to print later this month.

    An exclusive excerpt will be published later on www.thebondbulletin.com, late tonight or tomorrow.

    Great news! I'm looking forward to any links you may find.

    Also looking forward to reading the excerpt!

    Here it goes, @dragonpol!
    https://t.co/Tae4kyBTmM


  • DragonpolDragonpol Flying round the stage like a lizard and that.
    Posts: 12,869
    ggl007 wrote: »
    I love these works of love dedicated to a favourite film. Passion is essential in a writing process and I'm sure it will be worth the price.

    Congratulations, @NS_writings!

    Muchísimas gracias! You know, it appeared many of us shared the same passions ;)
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Thank you @Dragonpol! I'll investigate the connection with Barbarossa and see if I can add something before this is send to print later this month.

    An exclusive excerpt will be published later on www.thebondbulletin.com, late tonight or tomorrow.

    Great news! I'm looking forward to any links you may find.

    Also looking forward to reading the excerpt!

    Here it goes, @dragonpol!
    https://t.co/Tae4kyBTmM


    Thank you for the link @NS_writings! I enjoyed the text immensely. I also shared the link on Twitter. :)
  • MaxCasinoMaxCasino United States
    Posts: 997
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    MaxCasino wrote: »
    It'll be nice to read as Goldeneye has had success in the three major James Bond forms of entertainment: Book, Movie and in particular Video Game. It'll be nice to have some comparisons between the three. Maybe find out what happened to the unpublished comic book of Goldeneye. I'm in!

    Your question will be answered, @MaxCasino . Briefly and perhaps with a quote by Don McGregor I have to look up on my files. That said, I clearify the book is NOT a making-of of the film, it's more an in-depth analysis that includes some bits of the filmmaking/artistic aspect.

    Some subjects I'll be touching: The Cold War, the August 1991 coup against Gorbachov, analysis on the characters based on quotes of the actors (for example, Gottfried John said "Ourumov is like a trapped animal", how does that translate into the story), the story dealing with patriotism and betrayal, the precedent marked by Natalya Simonova which is repeated by some of the Craig Bond girls, some Fleming references, things like that.

    This book sounds like it's just up my street! I especially like any references to the 1991 coup (which Xenia was involved in according to John Gardner's novelisation).

    It also links in nicely with Gardner's The Man From Barbarossa (1991) which featured a similar plot to the eventual coup. I believe that I had a thread here years ago on the links between TMFB and GE.

    Anyway, I'll certainly be purchasing this excellent sounding book as soon as it becomes available. Congratulations to my friend @NS_writings on getting this book written. It deserves to do very well as I know that GoldenEye has a huge fan base.

    Books on the individual Bond films are thankfully becoming much more common with (by my count) ones on GF, OHMSS, AVTAK, TLD and a new book on the two Dalton films.

    What is the name of the Goldfinger book?
  • DragonpolDragonpol Flying round the stage like a lizard and that.
    Posts: 12,869
    MaxCasino wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    MaxCasino wrote: »
    It'll be nice to read as Goldeneye has had success in the three major James Bond forms of entertainment: Book, Movie and in particular Video Game. It'll be nice to have some comparisons between the three. Maybe find out what happened to the unpublished comic book of Goldeneye. I'm in!

    Your question will be answered, @MaxCasino . Briefly and perhaps with a quote by Don McGregor I have to look up on my files. That said, I clearify the book is NOT a making-of of the film, it's more an in-depth analysis that includes some bits of the filmmaking/artistic aspect.

    Some subjects I'll be touching: The Cold War, the August 1991 coup against Gorbachov, analysis on the characters based on quotes of the actors (for example, Gottfried John said "Ourumov is like a trapped animal", how does that translate into the story), the story dealing with patriotism and betrayal, the precedent marked by Natalya Simonova which is repeated by some of the Craig Bond girls, some Fleming references, things like that.

    This book sounds like it's just up my street! I especially like any references to the 1991 coup (which Xenia was involved in according to John Gardner's novelisation).

    It also links in nicely with Gardner's The Man From Barbarossa (1991) which featured a similar plot to the eventual coup. I believe that I had a thread here years ago on the links between TMFB and GE.

    Anyway, I'll certainly be purchasing this excellent sounding book as soon as it becomes available. Congratulations to my friend @NS_writings on getting this book written. It deserves to do very well as I know that GoldenEye has a huge fan base.

    Books on the individual Bond films are thankfully becoming much more common with (by my count) ones on GF, OHMSS, AVTAK, TLD and a new book on the two Dalton films.

    What is the name of the Goldfinger book?

    Adrian Turner On Goldfinger (Bloomsbury Movie Guide) [1998]. I bought it back in 2001. I think that it was one of the first such books on an individual Bond film. It's like an A-Z of the film and source novel. You can dip in and out of the various entries. Highly recommended!
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Posts: 2,155
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    edited May 3 Posts: 404
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »
    I love these works of love dedicated to a favourite film. Passion is essential in a writing process and I'm sure it will be worth the price.

    Congratulations, @NS_writings!

    Muchísimas gracias! You know, it appeared many of us shared the same passions ;)
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Thank you @Dragonpol! I'll investigate the connection with Barbarossa and see if I can add something before this is send to print later this month.

    An exclusive excerpt will be published later on www.thebondbulletin.com, late tonight or tomorrow.

    Great news! I'm looking forward to any links you may find.

    Also looking forward to reading the excerpt!

    Here it goes, @dragonpol!
    https://t.co/Tae4kyBTmM


    Thank you for the link @NS_writings! I enjoyed the text immensely. I also shared the link on Twitter. :)

    Thank you, old pal! Seen it!
    ggl007 wrote: »

    Oh, I have seen this one in Argentina and now I see you wrote it!
    Sadly, I didn't buy it back then, I think it was expensive over here (I mean, like 130 AR$ which is not that expensive now, but it definitively was back then)
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Posts: 3,309
    I'm surprised more of us have not commented here.
  • DragonpolDragonpol Flying round the stage like a lizard and that.
    Posts: 12,869
    I'm surprised more of us have not commented here.

    This thread's already onto its second page so something is going right! :)
  • DragonpolDragonpol Flying round the stage like a lizard and that.
    Posts: 12,869
    ggl007 wrote: »

    My apologies for missing that one. I hadn't realised you had a book out on Goldfinger too! :)
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Posts: 404
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I'm surprised more of us have not commented here.

    This thread's already onto its second page so something is going right! :)

    When I sent the "press release" and set the promos on my social feed I expected it to go extremely unnoticed with only a few "likes" on Twitter and FB, you know, like... "cool man" and that's it. So the fact that this has surpassed a single page on an MI6 thread is mind blowing enough for this humble Argie lad :)
    Thank you!
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Posts: 3,309
    I'm feeling like watching GE after all this talk about it!
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Posts: 2,155
    Thanks, @NS_writings and @Dragonpol

    It's in Spanish and from 2003, so it is a little dated, but the film analysis is still interesting (I hope so!). It's like seeing the film with commentaries... with me ;)

    I also wrote about the original Bondmania and that second wave that Brosnan brought to the world in the 90s and that Nicolás is going to tell us about!

    I'm sure this thread will have a very animated life...

    By the way, GE is not even in my top 10, but, as I wrote, I love Bond passionate fans that write about their favourite film no matter which is it =D>
  • DragonpolDragonpol Flying round the stage like a lizard and that.
    Posts: 12,869
    @ggl007 - I only wish that I could read Spanish! :)
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Posts: 404
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Thanks, @NS_writings and @Dragonpol
    By the way, GE is not even in my top 10, but, as I wrote, I love Bond passionate fans that write about their favourite film no matter which is it =D>

    Gracias! I tought it would be a nice trend to follow. The Cary Edwards (TLD/LTK) and Andrew McNess (AVTAK) were an inspiration to me. I haven't read them, but I'm doing something like they did. You may find some familiar toughts on my book that have been previously seen on this page and other articles regarding GoldenEye's filmmaking process, plus many new things.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Posts: 2,155
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    @ggl007 - I only wish that I could read Spanish! :)

    Thanks, @Dragonpol Lucky me, I can read your English, and I've done it a lot of times ;)
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    edited May 4 Posts: 404
  • mattjoesmattjoes "It's a house made entirely of glass, and you're inside, and you can't get out."
    Posts: 3,339
    The book seems very interesting, Nicolás!

    (I remember you from CBn!)
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Posts: 404
    mattjoes wrote: »
    The book seems very interesting, Nicolás!

    (I remember you from CBn!)

    Thank you Matt! It's been a while since I haven't logged into CBn, but I made a quick appareance after someone shared the voice of my book there (thank you!) :D
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Posts: 404
    Sorry for the double posting, just wanted to let you know of this...

  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Posts: 3,309
    I'm getting the print version. But thanks anyway.
  • DragonpolDragonpol Flying round the stage like a lizard and that.
    Posts: 12,869
    I'm getting the print version. But thanks anyway.

    Me too, as I'm old fashioned and like physical copies to put on my shelves.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Posts: 404
    Thank you! I may make a free-goodie promotion with the print version as well (hopefully it'll be something tangible, but I can't promise anything since Amazon will ship the books).

    And agree on the physical copies. I feel I don't own a movie until I see the DVD/BluRay spine on my shelf.
  • MaxCasinoMaxCasino United States
    Posts: 997
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I'm getting the print version. But thanks anyway.

    Me too, as I'm old fashioned and like physical copies to put on my shelves.

    Me three.
  • Posts: 3,433
    MaxCasino wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I'm getting the print version. But thanks anyway.

    Me too, as I'm old fashioned and like physical copies to put on my shelves.

    Me three.

    Me 4.

    Looking forward to this
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Posts: 3,309
    We're all a bunch of Luddites, it appears. ;)
  • DragonpolDragonpol Flying round the stage like a lizard and that.
    Posts: 12,869
    We're all a bunch of Luddites, it appears. ;)

    And proud of it! :)
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Posts: 404
    Some FAQs of the book answered: https://goldeneyedossier.wixsite.com/goldeneyeworld/faq

    Glad to see more interest on the paperback version, hopefully it'll look good next to a Pierce Brosnan action figure or GoldenEye's theatrical poster, or any of the great Bond informative books out there ;)
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Posts: 3,309
    Two things:
    1. You have a typo

    A: True, I wrote it on a month,

    2. I definitely will have to take you up on that autograph thing.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Posts: 404
    Fixed! Thanks for pointing this out @PropertyOfALady, for a reason Grammarly ignored this.

    Thank you very much, hope you'll enjoy every bit of the book. :)

Sign In or Register to comment.