No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Zekidk wrote: »
    What I'm still wondering, is why Bond travels to Norway. What kind of events in the story leads him to travel here?

The scientist (played by Dencik) is scandinavian. Norway would be a good place for a secret factory, lair or something. We also know there a lot of data centers placed in Norway, because they need to cool down quickly. In fact the world's largest data center is being build in Norway, the Kolos Facility:
    kolos-datacentre-02.jpg

It hasn't been confirmed yet that he's the scientist, right? I know he'll likely be the scientist, but some newspapers claims he'll play a bad guy too.

It has. Dencik told a Danish movie magazine, that he will play a scientist. He was forced to do so, because most of the Danish press had headlines casting him as a villain, which - I guess - he felt was fake news.

Ah, I see. Thanks for letting us know! The last I read re. him and Bond 25, was that he traveled to Jamaica to shoot scenes earlier this month, and that he hadn't read the script at the time.

https://www.avisen.dk/david-dencik-om-sin-bond-rolle-jeg-er-ret-begejstre_550088.aspx
    Is anyone surprised by the amount of time they're spending in Jamaica? I had thought, for some reason, that it would only be a quick shoot there.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 17,280
    Dagbladet have their own coverage of the Sæbø news.

Sagafjord hotel’s parking lot in Sæbø has this weekend been occupied by trucks marked Movie Makers and Pinewood, the local newspaper Møre writes.

About ten trucks arrived at the village Saturday. They’ve already been granted permission to close off the road Tuesday and Wednesday, and Dagbladet have been told that the shooting will likely start tomorrow. It’s then expected that additional crew will arrive, and that a ship will arrive through the Hjørungfjord, which will house film crew.

Dagbladet have talked to the mayor as well:
    - I too have expectations and questions regarding what will happen. We only know that there will be large vehicles with cars and trailers that will install themselves in the village. It’s been a bit of secrecy around this, but I can confirm it’s been granted permission to close off streets. There’s also talk about a helicopter that will fly around (the area). We really don’t know that much about what will happen, but now we’ll just crack on, the mayor says.

- Will Daniel Craig himself be present?
    - I don’t know. It will be exciting to see. They won’t rig up for something like this for nothing. They will also bring in an own ship.

https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/sunnmore-bygda-snudd-pa-hodet---hit-kommer-trolig-bond/71118089

______

Edit: VG have also written more:

VG have been given access to emails between Ørsta municipality and Truenorth Norway.

On Monday 20 May, Steve M. Røyset, a "location scout", wrote an e-mail to the municipality. Here it is stated that the company has received permission from the Norwegian Public Roads Administration to close the road into the center, county road 655, for shorter periods on May 29.

Furthermore, Røyset writes that the company will film in Sæbø center, "between the hotel and the stores". They will also film in the village square and around the ferry dock, as well as out on the fjord "and more". The company states that there will probably be some helicopter traffic in connection with the film shoot.

"It is requested to be able to use of the dock area and the street area for the scenes we are going to do there."

Concurrently, the production company has been granted permission to dock at the municipal dock between May 28 and 29.

https://www.vg.no/rampelys/film/i/wPxow4/haaper-saeboe-bli-bond-bygd-slik-blir-den-hemmelige-filmproduksjonen

(A quick and rather bad translation here – sorry!)
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 3,333
    Again, for what it's worth....

The assessments above (re: believing or not believing the tabloids) and the criticisms of members for their negative responses towards the papers are unfair and not a correct reflection of the stuff that has been written over the last few months. I don't recall anyone saying the ankle injury was a lie, so I'm not quite sure why people are virtue signalling about it. It would have been more resonant or reasonable if those criticisms were aired at the time rather than doing it now when it's easy and word it as if it were obvious. It just seems hollow.
    Who's virtue signalling? There's no attempt at demonstrating one's good character or moral correctness by stating that the press don't always lie and that there can be some truth to a rumour. That's common sense. Otherwise turn off your social media alerts and don't bother reading any news from now on, as it's all just a pack of lies.
    The attitudes towards the tabloids here are mostly (in fact, I'd say almost entirely) in response to the stories about Craig being problematic and uncommitted to the role, the crew being unhappy, Fukanaga and Craig not getting on, the script clearly being a shambles because they had to hire PWB and then that PWB was turning the film into a feminist film despite her allegedly only spicing up dialogue...
    That's an entirely separate matter and not related to the injury, which evidently I was discussing. Besides, the story of Craig being "problematic and a curmudgeon" didn't actually stem from a British tabloid but from a source linked to NY Post's Page Six. If people want to lump every publication worldwide together as one nefarious arm of a Spectre-like conspiracy (eg. that Murdoch hates Bond), then they need to remove their tin-foil hats. News outlets just pick up on each other's stories and share them around. Clearly the editors of the other publications thought it was too good a story to pass up, so they included it in their own overall coverage. Sometimes you have to separate the wheat from the chaff, but the same goes for anything and especially here. For instance, there's simply pages and pages of endless smarmy comments, emojis, with zero substance, and—quite frankly—not much worth reading. It's almost a chore wading through it all to find anything of note. Fortunately most of us are aware of who is worth reading and who is worth skimming.
    And, as an aside, there were sensationalist terms like "filming cancelled" used in conjunction with these reports, too - so to act as if people were unfair on calling out the tabloids is frankly a fruitless debate. The words were all there for everyone to see. The topic has many other variables than just the ankle injury, so it would be equally important for everyone to remember that while they're suggesting how members should be responding to these things.
    Look, we get it. You hate the press, therefore, it IS a fruitless debate. If Eon don't publicly state anything for the record then there's no truth in it—none whatsoever. As I pointed out above, you need to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff, and decide what is "embellished", an "opinion piece" and what is "actual reported news". I'm also willing to bet that there is some truth to the rumours about a number of production crew not getting along with Craig. After all, no one (apart from the top brass) has ever come out and spoken publicly about him in such glowing terms as say Roger Moore, who was generous to a fault and considerate to even the lowest rung of the ladder on-set. As I've stated in the past, I've spent time with Craig in a pub for a couple of hours (before he became 007) so I'm aware of how he can come across as surly and abrupt. He's also got a foul mouth on him. But that's just the way he is.

Anyway, back on topic. As production's been temporarily held up, cue more frivolous comments from the usual sycophantic crowd. I-)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    bondsum wrote: »
    Again, for what it's worth....

The assessments above (re: believing or not believing the tabloids) and the criticisms of members for their negative responses towards the papers are unfair and not a correct reflection of the stuff that has been written over the last few months. I don't recall anyone saying the ankle injury was a lie, so I'm not quite sure why people are virtue signalling about it. It would have been more resonant or reasonable if those criticisms were aired at the time rather than doing it now when it's easy and word it as if it were obvious. It just seems hollow.
    Who's virtue signalling? There's no attempt at demonstrating one's good character or moral correctness by stating that the press don't always lie and that there can be some truth to a rumour. That's common sense. Otherwise turn off your social media alerts and don't bother reading any news from now on, as it's all just a pack of lies.
    The attitudes towards the tabloids here are mostly (in fact, I'd say almost entirely) in response to the stories about Craig being problematic and uncommitted to the role, the crew being unhappy, Fukanaga and Craig not getting on, the script clearly being a shambles because they had to hire PWB and then that PWB was turning the film into a feminist film despite her allegedly only spicing up dialogue...
    That's an entirely separate matter and not related to the injury, which evidently I was discussing. Besides, the story of Craig being "problematic and a curmudgeon" didn't actually stem from a British tabloid but from a source linked to NY Post's Page Six. If people want to lump every publication worldwide together as one nefarious arm of a Spectre-like conspiracy (eg. that Murdoch hates Bond), then they need to remove their tin-foil hats. News outlets just pick up on each other's stories and share them around. Clearly the editors of the other publications thought it was too good a story to pass up, so they included it in their own overall coverage. Sometimes you have to separate the wheat from the chaff, but the same goes for anything and especially here. For instance, there's simply pages and pages of endless smarmy comments, emojis, with zero substance, and—quite frankly—not much worth reading. It's almost a chore wading through it all to find anything of note. Fortunately most of us are aware of who is worth reading and who is worth skimming.
    And, as an aside, there were sensationalist terms like "filming cancelled" used in conjunction with these reports, too - so to act as if people were unfair on calling out the tabloids is frankly a fruitless debate. The words were all there for everyone to see. The topic has many other variables than just the ankle injury, so it would be equally important for everyone to remember that while they're suggesting how members should be responding to these things.
    Look, we get it. You hate the press, therefore, it IS a fruitless debate. If Eon don't publicly state anything for the record then there's no truth in it—none whatsoever. As I pointed out above, you need to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff, and decide what is "embellished", an "opinion piece" and what is "actual reported news". I'm also willing to bet that there is some truth to the rumours about a number of production crew not getting along with Craig. After all, no one (apart from the top brass) has ever come out and spoken publicly about him in such glowing terms as say Roger Moore, who was generous to a fault and considerate to even the lowest rung of the ladder on-set. As I've stated in the past, I've spent time with Craig in a pub for a couple of hours (before he became 007) so I'm aware of how he can come across as surly and abrupt. He's also got a foul mouth on him. But that's just the way he is.

Anyway, back on topic. As production's been temporarily held up, cue more frivolous comments from the usual sycophantic crowd. I-)

Most impressive. I've never seen so much written that managed to say absolutely nothing of note about a debate that you initially kicked off and then agreed was fruitless while making a bold assumption about myself - someone who used to work, ironically, in the press.

Yikes.

It's not a separate issue. You can say they are all you want, but at the end of the day, they're all related to the production of the film. Context is key, and while focusing in on the injury sure suits the argument you're making, it means that the bad taste left by other cheap reporting is removed and you're looking at it, equally naively, out of context. Once again, it's very easy for someone to pop in and retrospectively criticise people for believing or not believing something, especially when they were very quiet at the time. I don't recall seeing much from you during the discussions of the above stories. So again, a lot of what you're saying seems cheap, hollow and dare I say.....sycophantic.

There has been a pattern of negative journalism (that may be true or not), and that is why people are automatically suspicious regarding anything the press comes out with. It's pretty damn natural for a fanbase especially to feel that way. That was what I was referring to - a pattern of reporting that creates a mood which then carries forward, and makes it understandable why people weren't too chuffed with how the ankle injury was presented alongside phrases like "filming cancelled". However I understand that it wasn't convenient for the rant you were very eager to go on. I guess it's true what they say about common sense; it is not that common. The same must go for comprehension, it seems.

I do certainly agree, as you say, that if Eon don't put it out themselves then it isn't true. ;)

We've been back on topic a few pages now so do try and keep up instead of posting nonsense, calling out other posts for being "chores", while yours is ironically a chore to get through in itself.

Production hasn't really been held up. Don't believe everything you read, sport. The Second Unit is still shooting in Jamaica according to reports and as you can see from the posts above, they're getting prepared for more shooting in Norway. Lots of hard work is still being done! ;)
    Contraband wrote: »
    https://google.com/maps/@62.2065622,6.4764286,3a,90y,80.8h,69.26t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sTGo4TNgANuoV7m6SMbTpsQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Direct link to the exact spot where they have parked all trailers in Sæbø in Sunnmøre, Norway.

It's close to Romsdalen, where shooting has been reported to begin 5th June.

Do we 'know' what kind of scenes they gonna shoot in Romsdalen or is it still a guessing game?

Looking at the map, the distance between Romsdalen to Sæbø is 192 km (three hours drive) so it doesn't make any sense. The only logic I can come up with it would be two separate locations - and maybe an additional third one, I'm thinking of the Atlantic Ocean Road (Atlanterhavsveien) which way higher up.

Look at the map.

https://goo.gl/maps/d3dV5ELxjCMw35iq8

Sæbø, Romsdalen (Rauma) and Atlanterhavsveien might feature as separate locations. My guess is that they will "cheat" a bit, making us believe that the locations are closer to each other – for example a car chase (rally driver Petter Solberg has confirmed he's been contacted by the production)/action sequence starting in the mountainous terrain of the first locations, ending with a climax at Atlanterhavsveien.

I prefer it if they don't, but this happens in films all the time.

Actually you took the words right out my mouth. I was thinking the same, maybe some form of chase or high speed drama using those locations in the same sequence.

The advantage with this, is that you'll get a very picturesque sequence with varied backdrops. But again, those locations might feature as different sequences/scenes.

What I'm still wondering, is why Bond travels to Norway. What kind of events in the story leads him to travel here?

Sæbø and the surrounding area by air:

That looks incredible. What a beautiful part of the world. Reminds me of a particularly great Summer. Very excited to see what they do with the area.
    Benny wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Other than the producers. Who is the longest serving crew member still working on the Bond movies today?

As far as I can tell, that would be the legendary Chris Corbould. Having worked on nearly
    all the Bond films since TSWLM in 1977.
    Next nearest as far as I know is casting director, Debbie McWilliams, who's been with the series since 1981's FYEO.

Michael G. Wilson joined Eon full-time in 1972, has had a credit since The Spy Who Loved Me ("special assistant to producer"). Barbara Broccoli did part-time jobs on Bond films without a credit starting around the same time, at least according to her December 2017 interview with The Hollywood Reporter.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Benny wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Other than the producers. Who is the longest serving crew member still working on the Bond movies today?

As far as I can tell, that would be the legendary Chris Corbould. Having worked on nearly
    all the Bond films since TSWLM in 1977.
    Next nearest as far as I know is casting director, Debbie McWilliams, who's been with the series since 1981's FYEO.

Michael G. Wilson joined Eon full-time in 1972, has had a credit since The Spy Who Loved Me ("special assistant to producer"). Barbara Broccoli did part-time jobs on Bond films without a credit starting around the same time, at least according to her December 2017 interview with The Hollywood Reporter.

"other than the producers..."
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Even-More-Messed-Up-Statues-Trolls-Kinsarvik-Norway-768x512.jpg
    We like our trolls over here. Maybe Bond 25 will feature something like this, only with trolls instead of statues? :))

goldeneyemovie.jpg
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    We like our trolls over here. Maybe Bond 25 will feature something like this, only with trolls instead of statues? :))

goldeneyemovie.jpg

I do believe they post here occasionally. :D
    talos7 wrote: »

goldeneyemovie.jpg

I do believe they post here occasionally. :D

Like Quantum, they're everywhere!

goldeneyemovie.jpg
    I love the way that scene is shot.
    Secret blockbuster is not Bond
    «James Bond» not to be filmed in Sæbø in Sunnmøre.

https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/hemmelig-storfilm-er-ikke-bond/71119907

(I think I read somewhere that there's a Marvel film that will shoot scenes in western Norway these days as well, so that might be the film they're preparing for.)
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Secret blockbuster is not Bond
    «James Bond» not to be filmed in Sæbø in Sunnmøre.

https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/hemmelig-storfilm-er-ikke-bond/71119907

(I think I read somewhere that there's a Marvel film that will shoot scenes in western Norway these days as well, so that might be the film they're preparing for.)

I have a feeling that this line producer is trying to hide the fact that it is actually Bond filming to avoid some paparazzi eyes from the production.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Especially knowing that (according to IMDB) only Bond25 from big productions is actually filming now in Pinewood (which cars were seen in that Norwegian village).
    Found the quote I was thinking of. This was mentioned in an article/interview with line producer Per Henry Borch last week:

TV 2 are aware that Scarlett Johansson will be shooting a Marvel film in Sunnmøre and in Rauma next week.

https://www.tv2.no/a/10618683/

Black Widow, then?
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Found the quote I was thinking of. This was mentioned in an article/interview with line producer Per Henry Borch last week:

TV 2 are aware that Scarlett Johansson will be shooting a Marvel film in Sunnmøre and in Rauma next week.

https://www.tv2.no/a/10618683/

Black Widow, then?

There were rumours that Black Widow movie will be filming in UK in June and pre-production is in Pinewood.

https://hnentertainment.co/update-marvels-black-widow-movie-expected-to-shoot-in-uk/

https://hnentertainment.co/exclusive-black-widow-confirmed-to-shoot-at-pinewood-studios-uk-working-title-is-blue-bayou/
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Bond not heading back to Norway then?
    jake24 wrote: »

Probably in a few weeks, if we're to believe newspapers etc.

NRK wrote May 13 that: A helicopter company has requested to close the airspace over the Atlantic Road to shoot an international film. In the application it's revealed that the movie is James Bond.

The restriction applies from June 5 to 14, 2019.

https://www.nrk.no/mr/james-bond-til-atlanterhavsvegen-1.14548934
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    edited May 2019 Posts: 323

NRK wrote May 13 that: A helicopter company has requested to close the airspace over the Atlantic Road to shoot an international film. In the application it's revealed that the movie is James Bond.

Now they are not sure.

https://www.vg.no/rampelys/i/b5QVdk/avkrefter-james-bond-innspilling-i-saeboe

I have a feeling that it is actually Bond film.

• SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    Pavlo wrote: »
    I have a feeling that this line producer is trying to hide the fact that it is actually Bond filming to avoid some paparazzi eyes from the production.
    Why would they misdirect by saying it's a franchise with an arguably even bigger fan-base than Bond if they were trying to keep things out of the public eye? I do hope Bond25 is going to show more of Norway though - just have to wait and see...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    So they Atlantic Road stuff was for Black Widow?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

If true, that'd be a crying shame. I'm hoping there's some wires crossed here. I loved that location.

If true, that'd be a crying shame. I'm hoping there's some wires crossed here. I loved that location.

Hasn't Daniel Craig already been spotted on set? Fairly certain that confirms it is Bond 25

images?imageId=10630354&x=0&y=0&cropw=99.79&croph=100&width=1000&height=481&compression=75
    That looks photoshopped, doesn't it?
    Pavlo wrote: »

Now they are not sure.

https://www.vg.no/rampelys/i/b5QVdk/avkrefter-james-bond-innspilling-i-saeboe

I have a feeling that it is actually Bond film.

This article refers to the Dagbladet article from earlier today. The guy from True North denies that the Sæbø shooting will be for Bond 25, but a different film of "international calibre". Could be the Black Widow film this.

The Atlantic Road was mentioned in an article by broadcaster NRK a couple of weeks ago. In the article, it says that A helicopter company has requested to close the airspace over the Atlantic Road to shoot an international film. In the application it's revealed that the movie is James Bond.

Further down in the article, it's mentioned that The restriction applies from June 5 to 14, 2019.

I think TV2 and other newspapers have jumped to the conclusion that the production crew preparing to shoot in and around Sæbø, are working with Bond 25. @Pavlo mentioned that there will be scenes shot at Pinewood for the Black Widow film as well – which could explain all the trucks marked Pinewood Studios.

Hasn't Daniel Craig already been spotted on set? Fairly certain that confirms it is Bond 25

images?imageId=10630354&x=0&y=0&cropw=99.79&croph=100&width=1000&height=481&compression=75

Several newspapers wrote that Craig was in Sæbø, but only referred to TV2's original article and this article photo. TV2 themselves never wrote anything about Craig being there.

TV2 have now corrected their original article according to the news that broke today, and this photo is removed. I remember that there were two different photo credits to this picture: TV2 (the picture of Sæbø), and Stella Pictures (the picture of Craig).
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 11,425

100% photoshop
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Well it’s obviously two separate images; the impression I got was that the photo of Craig was take at the location on the left.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Bond and Black Widow both in Norway is fine by me.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Getafix wrote: »

100% photoshop

Any bozo can see that it is two photos added together. But the second photo is seemingly Craig in Norway. Right? So far, no one has been able to ID the photo of Craig. Which would suggest that it's new.

Has it not already been confirmed that they are shooting in Norway in the second week of June?

Also, nothing much from Cary's Instagram page in a while.......