Your Bond location pilgrimages.

Comments

• edited September 2018 Posts: 5,812
    Right ! A part of my country in the heart of London. Wonder what will become of it post Brexit. Great movie, BTW with a splendid cast.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I haven't watched it for a long time but I do remember enjoying it!
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Great photos. Thanks for sharing, @00Agent.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    My pleasure, @mattjoes
    giphy.webp
    (most appropriate gif)
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Great work @00Agent, nice to see some NSNA stuff as well there.
    Certainly not one of my favorites, but i could never pass up a chance to visit a beautiful Bond location like this and stand in the footsteps of Connery.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Very cool pictures @00Agent! Especially touching visiting Sir Roger's grave (and Gilbert's)!
    Thanks Commander.
    Interesting Trivia: Rogers grave was the only one i could spot that featured a family crest.
    That felt very Bondian, even in death.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    00Agent wrote: »
    Thanks Commander.
    Interesting Trivia: Rogers grave was the only one i could spot that featured a family crest.
    That felt very Bondian, even in death.

Fascinating. Just checked the words: 'Just the skills of peace'. How very much Roger Moore.
    Just got a 'Hotels from the movies you can actually stay in' email from TripAdvisor including two Bond ones. How did they know??

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/TripNews-a_ctr.crm__5F__movielocations2018
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Just got a 'Hotels from the movies you can actually stay in' email from TripAdvisor including two Bond ones. How did they know??
    They have people everywhere.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Don't know where to put this... I bumped into it on twitter.
    Is this the street in Paris on which Largo parks his car in Thunderball? The one where SPECTRE headquarters is.

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Certainly looks like it.

“Heeey no parkiiing iiir.”
    That must be the street. Yes.
    Nice Video btw, that's how it would have looked like if Bond had been assigned to observe the Spectre HQ :D
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I'd say this looks the same...1920px-Paris_-_panoramio_%28221%29.jpg
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    I've been by Circus Circus in Las Vegas would loved to see Piz Gloria
    Time to bring this wonderful thread back.

Beginning of march i finally made it to Piz Gloria for the 50th anniversary, after planning this trip for almost 4 years.
    First stop was Bern, capitol of Switzerland, where the Gumbold office scenes were filmed for OHMSS.

The entrance to Gumbolds office is located right next door to the Schweizerhof Hotel where a lot of the interior shots were done. This was a cool little moment for me as i've finally managed to stand in the footsteps of all 6 Bond actors in some part of the world. The Cafe Breslin on the right side is still there, 50 years later.
    ky0sMSZ.jpg

Most of the interior shots in Bern were shot in the 5 star Hotel Schweizerhof. Back in the Hotel, the Lift and Stairs are seen in OHMSS when Bond enters the Gumbold office building. A lot of the interior here has changed, but the lift and stairs are still recognizable.
    lou3vOx.jpg

The Concierge at the Hotel was a Bond fan himself. When he went to show us our room he said "We have two elevators here but i prefer this one as it was used in a Bond film once."
    fl1uZ4n.jpg

The Hotel staff is very friendly and accomodating, they are proud of their Bond heritage and even have a plate on the door to Room 411, informing guests that parts of OHMSS was filmed here on the balcony.
    fOh0oxY.jpg
    I have to give a big shout out to them for letting me on to the balcony of said room to take some pictures.
    35K7A0J.jpg

Next stop was Lauterbrunnen and i am still amazed at how much of it looks just like 50 years ago. Very little has changed about the place and i kept spotting Bond related stuff purely by accident.

This is the Train station in Lauterbrunnen that Bond arrives in. It has been reworked and expanded, but the kiosk with the magazines is still in the same spot on the right side.
    AzzDtFM.jpg

The street that you see Bunt and Bond drive up, after his arrival in Lauterbrunnen.
    6NvPxNs.jpg

This is the Central Bus station in the neighbour village Grindelwald, where the whole Ice Scating sequence was shot. You can recognize the Building in the Background when you watch the scene.
    5iJndSY.jpg

The Cable car station where Bunt and the Angels of Death split.
    IZp7WEF.jpg

Birg station where Shaun Campbell, the blonde agent helping Bond, is leaning against the railing and observing the cable car coming down from Piz Gloria. You can see Piz Gloria in the background on the mountain top.
    sZwS50u.jpg

And this is the Spot where he's arguing with Blofelds minions about going up to Piz Gloria.
    Gw8xj0o.jpg

And Piz Gloria in all it's glory.
    JezBHvm.jpg
    z67Laqc.jpg

The Bar inside Piz Gloria is like a little Bond Theme Park, i loved it. Everything is Bond themed there, the Food and the drinks, and they play scenes of the film on screens, presumably on the exact spot where they were filmed. In the back you can see the original golden stair railings, that are still there.
    tmfTgHR.jpg
    drJll7e.jpg

What a view... to a kill...
    ZmNJTnL.jpg

Loved this trip all the way through. And i definitly plan to come back one day when i learned to ski, and go from Piz Gloria all the way down to the village, like Bond did in OHMSS.

Next stop for me will be Lisbon in September.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Awesome stuff. Thanks for sharing, @00Agent!
    edited May 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Much appreciated, brother.
    I love sharing this stuff, with Bond fans no less, because no one in my life would ever be able to understand why I get so overexcited about any of this, like for example seeing stair railings :))
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Yes, very nice.
    Great photos, @00Agent! Really wish to visit these locations at some point, but it will need some proper planning. Guess it's worth it!
    Great photos, @00Agent! Really wish to visit these locations at some point, but it will need some proper planning. Guess it's worth it!

Thanks @Torgeirtrap.
    I usually plan a lot of the stuff ahead, so i would say yes. In this case especially, because there are just so many locations all around the Lauterbrunnen Valley. But ask me anytime if you need help :)

Thanks @Torgeirtrap.
    I usually plan a lot of the stuff ahead, so i would say yes. In this case especially, because there are just so many locations all around the Lauterbrunnen Valley. But ask me anytime if you need help :)

I'll definitely ask for help and suggestions if I get around to planning a trip to Switzerland, @00Agent! :-)
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

Beginning of march i finally made it to Piz Gloria for the 50th anniversary, after planning this trip for almost 4 years.
    First stop was Bern, capitol of Switzerland, where the Gumbold office scenes were filmed for OHMSS.

The entrance to Gumbolds office is located right next door to the Schweizerhof Hotel where a lot of the interior shots were done. This was a cool little moment for me as i've finally managed to stand in the footsteps of all 6 Bond actors in some part of the world. The Cafe Breslin on the right side is still there, 50 years later.
    ky0sMSZ.jpg

Most of the interior shots in Bern were shot in the 5 star Hotel Schweizerhof. Back in the Hotel, the Lift and Stairs are seen in OHMSS when Bond enters the Gumbold office building. A lot of the interior here has changed, but the lift and stairs are still recognizable.
    lou3vOx.jpg

The Concierge at the Hotel was a Bond fan himself. When he went to show us our room he said "We have two elevators here but i prefer this one as it was used in a Bond film once."
    fl1uZ4n.jpg

The Hotel staff is very friendly and accomodating, they are proud of their Bond heritage and even have a plate on the door to Room 411, informing guests that parts of OHMSS was filmed here on the balcony.
    fOh0oxY.jpg
    I have to give a big shout out to them for letting me on to the balcony of said room to take some pictures.
    35K7A0J.jpg

Next stop was Lauterbrunnen and i am still amazed at how much of it looks just like 50 years ago. Very little has changed about the place and i kept spotting Bond related stuff purely by accident.

This is the Train station in Lauterbrunnen that Bond arrives in. It has been reworked and expanded, but the kiosk with the magazines is still in the same spot on the right side.
    AzzDtFM.jpg

The street that you see Bunt and Bond drive up, after his arrival in Lauterbrunnen.
    6NvPxNs.jpg

This is the Central Bus station in the neighbour village Grindelwald, where the whole Ice Scating sequence was shot. You can recognize the Building in the Background when you watch the scene.
    5iJndSY.jpg

IZp7WEF.jpg

Birg station where Shaun Campbell, the blonde agent helping Bond, is leaning against the railing and observing the cable car coming down from Piz Gloria. You can see Piz Gloria in the background on the mountain top.
    sZwS50u.jpg

And this is the Spot where he's arguing with Blofelds minions about going up to Piz Gloria.
    Gw8xj0o.jpg

JezBHvm.jpg
    z67Laqc.jpg

The Bar inside Piz Gloria is like a little Bond Theme Park, i loved it. Everything is Bond themed there, the Food and the drinks, and they play scenes of the film on screens, presumably on the exact spot where they were filmed. In the back you can see the original golden stair railings, that are still there.
    tmfTgHR.jpg
    drJll7e.jpg

ZmNJTnL.jpg

Loved this trip all the way through. And i definitly plan to come back one day when i learned to ski, and go from Piz Gloria all the way down to the village, like Bond did in OHMSS.

That is such a beautiful magical place definitely on my bucket list.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Great photos, congratulations! I love that Lazenby plate...

Good luck in Estoril. Hotel Palacio awaits you... https://www.palacioestorilhotel.com/pt/hotel/James Bond

José Diogo is still there:

adhqPO4.jpg
    Thanks for the great tip @ggl007
    I'll try and get an autograph as well :D
    What a fantastic trip, @00Agent - I particularly love the Lauterbrunnen station. So cute and so recognisable.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    You lucky ducky, Great photos @00Agent. Thanks for sharing with us . Would love to visit there some time.

ky0sMSZ.jpg

lou3vOx.jpg

fl1uZ4n.jpg

fOh0oxY.jpg
    35K7A0J.jpg

AzzDtFM.jpg

6NvPxNs.jpg

5iJndSY.jpg

IZp7WEF.jpg

sZwS50u.jpg

Gw8xj0o.jpg

JezBHvm.jpg
    z67Laqc.jpg

tmfTgHR.jpg
    drJll7e.jpg

ZmNJTnL.jpg

I have to take my hat off to you, what an absolute visual treat that was. Thank you for sharing, It is certainly a place I dearly wish to visit at some point!!!
    Thanks for the nice feedback everyone.
    It is one of those places you should visit at least once in your lifetime in my opinion.
    I always called it the Bond Mekka, and i doubled down on that since i've been there.
    My favorite aspect of Piz Gloria was that i really felt at home as a Bond nerd. They wave the Bond flag so proudly over there, that you can unleash your inner Bond nerd there and not feel weird about it haha.