"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

RogueAgent wrote: »
    Well you would think I would be buzzing today clinching the League title away at Aston Villa? Although I am thrilled and so damn proud of the entire club, At 4pm I had lost a dear friend from work to cancer.

I was going to message him tonight and say well done as he is a big Derby County fan like I am with Norwich. So all I will do tonight is toast a good man a couple of times with a drink or two, and out of respect I will be supporting Derby in the play off. Up the Rams.

Some things are just way above Football rivalry. Rest in peace my friend.

I'm sorry for your loss, @RogueAgent. As you write, some things are just above football rivalry and football in general.
    Well you would think I would be buzzing today clinching the League title away at Aston Villa? Although I am thrilled and so damn proud of the entire club, At 4pm I had lost a dear friend from work to cancer.

I was going to message him tonight and say well done as he is a big Derby County fan like I am with Norwich. So all I will do tonight is toast a good man a couple of times with a drink or two, and out of respect I will be supporting Derby in the play off. Up the Rams.

I'm sorry for your loss, @RogueAgent. As you write, some things are just above football rivalry and football in general.

Cheers Torgeirtrap.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Crikey... come on Barca one goal will do it surely

3 - 3 as it stands on aggregate.
    What a drama!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    and with no Firmino or Salah, you have to respect the team ethic begrudgingly

Sorry to hear about your friend its never easy, friends I have lost I always celebrate there lives
    and with no Firmino or Salah, you have to respect the team ethic begrudgingly

Yeah, they've done well tonight, that's for sure.
    Wow! :-O
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Pool 4-0 Barca!
    Barca must be having flashbacks to Roma
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Liverpool are in the UCL final!
    Please do the job tomorrow, Ajax!

giphy.gif
    Barca were so poor in the final third, though Liverpool's 4th goal what can you say.

I am being objective the reason Liverpool are so good right now they have an outstanding defense and the fullbacks both world class, in the modern game fullbacks are vital, the assists Arnold and Robertson get is really impressive.

Sorry to hear about your friend its never easy, friends I have lost I always celebrate there lives

Could not agree more, and I fully intend too my friend.

What a game for Liverpool last night! Hats off to you!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Liverpool are in the UCL final!

I have followed sports all my life. I have never witnessed anything like that.
  • 007_MJH007_MJH Lancashire, UK
    I’m a Liverpool supporter and I could not imagine that what happened, would happen. I was certainly confident on a win but as soon as Origi scored in the 7th minute, I started to believe. An outstanding performance by all players involved. Thoroughly deserved win.
    I bet DC was totally drunk after that!!! Lol!
    Spurs are through!!
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Amazing semifinals.
    I hate football right now.
    Spurs was a comeback in the real sense IMO
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited May 2019 Posts: 4,554
    Spurs was a comeback in the real sense IMO

Man. Five minutes of stoppage time, and even then the refs didn't blow the whistle. I'm not sure they were ever going to until Spurs scored.

Now the question becomes: Will Kane play? If Spurs win it with him, Kane will have cursed the Reds twice: an injury that kept him out of the EPL showdown with City, and the return from that injury to win the Champions League title. I shall think no more of it! LOL
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Gutted to see how Ajax got eliminated yesterday. If there is one team that deserved to win the whole show, it was Ajax. A team with a glorious past, before football became big business, that achieved this fanatastic CL campaign almost completely relying on its own youth products. Can’t imagine, if you’re not a Spurs fan, how you would like an English duel in the final. Passion lost to money yesterday.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Gutted to see how Ajax got eliminated yesterday. If there is one team that deserved to win the whole show, it was Ajax. A team with a glorious past, before football became big business, that achieved this fanatastic CL campaign almost completely relying on its own youth products. Can’t imagine, if you’re not a Spurs fan, how you would like an English duel in the final. Passion lost to money yesterday.

I am a neutral though Spurs showed alot of passion IMO, and they spent £0 all season on players, I think they deserve a bit more credit.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    As a die hard Liverpool fan, I'm happy right now. Tuesday night still hasn't sunk in

The semi final last night was special as well, I'm really happy for Tottenham and Pochettinho. The guy is such a likeable character, when he was getting emotional after the game last night with sheer passion for the game it made me love football even more. I'm a Liverpool and I felt the passion coming through the telly sitting at home

What an advert for football those two semi finals were
    No other sport gives you these feelings, it definitely is the beautiful game
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    As a die hard Liverpool fan, I'm happy right now. Tuesday night still hasn't sunk in

The semi final last night was special as well, I'm really happy for Tottenham and Pochettinho. The guy is such a likeable character, when he was getting emotional after the game last night with sheer passion for the game it made me love football even more. I'm a Liverpool and I felt the passion coming through the telly sitting at home

What an advert for football those two semi finals were
    No other sport gives you these feelings, it definitely is the beautiful game

I am a United supporter though even I am looking forward to the final as a football fan, the atmosphere will be incredible.
    Ajax seemed to have the beating of Spurs in both matches, but then ran out of steam each time. Better fitness for Spurs maybe.
    As a football fan for me the Champions League is over for this year. With the two English teams in the final I cannot really be bothered watching, with Ajax eliminated I find that the surprising tournament has lost its last shining star.
    In a sense we now see only money-powered teams again in the final, which is fine for their fans but a shame for the small clubs in Europe who don't have the money to compete or get completely bought by the much richer 1% of the clubs in Europe.

I hope Ajax will be able to compete next year and that they do not get bought empty by the likes of the big money clubs.
    edited May 2019 Posts: 23,419
    Spurs a money powered team :))
    Money did not help Barca, PSG, Man City or even my side Man United in recent years in the CL, weak argument

Ajax lost because they could not defend
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    vzok wrote: »
    Ajax seemed to have the beating of Spurs in both matches, but then ran out of steam each time. Better fitness for Spurs maybe.

Barca = arrogance and complete disdain for Liverpool.
    Ajax = hype; selfies and six pack culture.