No Time to Die production thread

Comments

FYI, y’all... In the USA, tobacco smoking by the hero/good guy in a film automatically earns it an “R” (age restricted) rating — unless it’s in an historical context (FDR with a cigarette, MacArthur with his pipe, etc.).
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 4,400
    New set photos from Jamaica.....Bond goes topless

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6996967/Daniel-Craig-dries-filming-Bond-25.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490

13142920-0-image-a-31_1557134079368.jpg

The only time I'm appreciative of the Daily Mail is Bond set photos. But, it looks as though Daniel has some serious abs going on.
    bondsum wrote: »
    You appear to have made your own mind up on what is exactly happening in B25 @danielcc. Why ask us to fit a story around your cobbled together narrative? After all, you've already decided that Léa Seydoux is hardly in it because she's away making another movie at the moment.

Quite the opposite. I think lea will be THE main Bondgirl again. I might be wrong about it but I have given plenty of reasons for my theory.

If a scientist plays an important role, why is there no one really in the (very large!) main cast that fits the role?

Why was Lea mentioned already months ago to return, when it is a few min cameo?

Why is she NOT filming on Jamaica, if she is only there to live a happy life with a retired Bond?

There are basically just two options:
    - She is there for a few minutes which would have to be at the beginning of the film. If so, and we know that James has retired from active service - then she must be enjoying life, ergo she would have to be shooting in Jamaica.
    - If not, she must appear in the film later, which only makes sense if she plays a more vital role in the storyline.

So hard to believe?

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Thanks for the pics @Pierce2Daniel

One caption says Bond is
    "dashing across a wooden jetty after trying to defeat an evil nemesis"...

Grain of salt and all, but interesting, nonetheless.
    peter wrote: »
    Drugs? Were? Which? No drugs in SF. Just booze, as usual.
    @Univex , I assume he was crunching a serious opioid in SF when he pops the pills back in his mouth before an all-night bender while "dead" in Turkey... perhaps Oxi (cheap and a pain-killer)...

Oh, I see. Thanks, @peter. Didn't take notice of them as drugs per se. Not as drug consumption, at least.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Univex , I assumed that since my first viewing after Silva reads Bond’s report; alcohol and drug dependency is cited... and later on he mentions Bond’s drink and pills....
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    @Univex , I assumed that since my first viewing after Silva reads Bond’s report; alcohol and drug dependency is cited... and later on he mentions Bond’s drink and pills....

Nothing to do with B25.

Bond likes drinks.

SF is 2012. This is 2019.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    What if pre-credit scene for Bond 25 is underwater fishing in the Caribbean sea? Bond's sailng on yacht was shot on IMAX cameras (we know that they will be used for action sequences and not for simple relaxing of Bond on yacht), it is definitely beginning of the film, D. Craig wears the same clothes that he wore during fillming yacht scene (that points to continious action sequence).

But, as for me, Norway part is main favourite for pre-credit slot.
    That's true. I had forgotten about that, @peter.
    Univex wrote: »

Take this to another thread please.
    Daniel is in seriously good shape. He's clearly spent the last 4 months getting in tip-top shape for Bond 25 since the Golden Globes.

13142912-0-image-a-33-1557134087383.jpg

13142914-0-image-a-32-1557134085183.jpg

13142916-0-image-a-35-1557134094848.jpg

13142918-0-image-a-34-1557134092190.jpg

13142920-0-image-a-31-1557134079368.jpg
    octofinger wrote: »

To be fair. We were just about done. Two or three sentences about drugs and booze, nothing more. And all to do with Bond smoking a cigar on the Bond25 set. It's not as though we're talking compulsively about David Arnold or Christopher Nolan, is it? ;)
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 17,241

To be fair. We were just about done. Two or three sentences about drugs and booze, nothing more. And all to do with Bond smoking a cigar on the Bond25 set. It's not as though we're talking compulsively about David Arnold or Christopher Nolan, is it? ;)

giphy.gif

:-D

_________
    Re. Craig, he does look in good shape in those images. As expected.
    Bond looking like a snack.
  • Bond looking like a snack.

Bond looking like he hasn't HAD a snack in quite some time.

Got to admire the willpower.

The British tabloids never did warm up to Daniel, did they? Quite odd.
    Are those abs painted on? They look a bit airbrushed!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Did someone say "David Arnold?"

giphy.gif
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

No, they don’t and they’re not.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium

giphy.gif
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    An interesting tidbit:
    Barrie Gower has been hired for B25. He's known for his prosthetic work on GoT and Chernobyl and the upcoming Rocketman... whose face is having a transformation of some kind?...

@peter If it's not ESB, there was the masked man in Norway with some sort of facial scarring. Or the scientist blows himself up.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe

I thought the same to be honest. But who cares if it looks cool in the final movie.
    Tuxedo wrote: »

I thought the same to be honest. But who cares if it looks cool in the final movie.

Nah, he's an ab guy.

craig.jpg

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited May 2019 Posts: 7,889
    Good grief , Daniel Craig has proven over and over that he knows what it takes to get in shape; he prepared for this shoot and it shows.

My theory, the general public is in such abysmal shape that anyone in good condition draws accusations, or speculation, of photo doctoring, steroids or airbrushing.
    The fact is Daniel is in great shape but nothing outrageous, and nothing that can’t be achieved by just eating right and exercising. That doesn’t mean endless hours a day in the gym.
    The one thing Daniel has going for him is that he is naturally lean and has a good foundation on which to build.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 6,665
    talos7 wrote: »
    Good grief , Daniel Craig has proven over and over that he knows what it takes to get in shape; he prepared for this shoot and it shows.
    My theory, the general public is in such abysmal shape that any in good condition draws accusations, or speculation, of photo doctoring, steroids or airbrushing.
    The fact is Daniel is in great shape but nothing outrageous, and nothing that can’t be achieved by just eating right and exercising. That doesn’t mean endless hours a day in the gym.
    The one thing Daniel has going for him is that he is naturally lean and has a good foundation on which to build.

True, all of it! ;)
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Getafix wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    An interesting tidbit:
    Barrie Gower has been hired for B25. He's known for his prosthetic work on GoT and Chernobyl and the upcoming Rocketman... whose face is having a transformation of some kind?...
    Rami Malek? He mentioned something about a change of appearance in a small video from what I can remember.

Crazy idea but could they be planning on Blofeld changing his appearance through plastic surgery? Malek is Blofeld?

OMG, we really are getting a DAD remake!
    echo wrote: »
    An interesting tidbit:
    Rami Malek? He mentioned something about a change of appearance in a small video from what I can remember.

Crazy idea but could they be planning on Blofeld changing his appearance through plastic surgery? Malek is Blofeld?

Yep, with an invisible Madeline.
    echo wrote: »
    An interesting tidbit:

Yep with an Invisible Land Rover Defender and a secret tube station that's no longer in use in La Habana.
    What if it's an actual adaptation of MOONRAKER the novel?

-Dangerous technology
    -Facial reconstruction
    What if it's an actual adaptation of MOONRAKER the novel?

-Dangerous technology
    -Facial reconstruction

I wouldn't mind this! [-(
    Moonraker, the novel, is a must!