He looks like The BFG there!!
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Tom Hiddle Piddle a cold hard face? More like effete power bottom

screen-shot-2019-03-29-at-10-08-24-am-1553868559.png

He looks nothing like Per Mertesacker!

hqdefault.jpg
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I can't believe Dan Stevens doesn't get more love on here. The Guest screamed Bond audition to me. Saying that, I doubt it's anyone that's on our radar for Bond number (00)7. Ok, I'll say Jack Lowden. Lol. He's currently 28. That makes him young enough for a big delay.

Wouldn't be against Dan Stevens. Being part of a hit series like Downton Abbey doesn't hurt box office either.

I'd take Dan Stevens over any of these other candidates in a heartbeat.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I can't believe Dan Stevens doesn't get more love on here. The Guest screamed Bond audition to me. Saying that, I doubt it's anyone that's on our radar for Bond number (00)7. Ok, I'll say Jack Lowden. Lol. He's currently 28. That makes him young enough for a big delay.

Wouldn't be against Dan Stevens. Being part of a hit series like Downton Abbey doesn't hurt box office either.

Haven't seen him in much, but he's a good enough actor IMO. Could be an interesting choice.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England

https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/night-manager.jpg?w=450&h=253&crop=1

It was The Night Manager that shows he has the goods for Bond. Accent, physique, acting talent, suaveness and a hard edge when required. A cross between Moore and Craig.

Haven't seen him in much, but he's a good enough actor IMO. Could be an interesting choice.

He’s worth a screen test. But he just strikes me as a tad bland when I seen him on TV or in films.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    suavejmf wrote: »

https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/night-manager.jpg?w=450&h=253&crop=1

It was The Night Manager that shows he has the goods for Bond. Accent, physique, acting talent, suaveness and a hard edge when required. A cross between Moore and Craig.

Certainly could be a decent Bond. Will he be Bond. Maybe.

He’s worth a screen test. But he just strikes me as a tad bland when I seen him on TV or in films.

He's likable and not a bad actor. But as Bond I somehow don't see it. I wouldn't be upset if he was cast. But I don't see it happening.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 5,767

hqdefault.jpg
    Good one :-))

I agree. Many People have a hard time imagining Hiddleston as Bond because they are fixed on Craig, and Hiddleston is a completely different type. But with the Right Story, script and direction he could be fantastic IMO. Provided he´s not to old by the time ;-).

Only seen him on TV, and those parts haven't necessarily been Bond audition kind of roles. He's been decent in those roles though, so I wouldn't be against him getting a screen test – or cast even.
    Benny wrote: »

Certainly could be a decent Bond. Will he be Bond. Maybe.

He's likable and not a bad actor. But as Bond I somehow don't see it. I wouldn't be upset if he was cast. But I don't see it happening.

Agreed.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,131
    boldfinger wrote: »

hqdefault.jpg
    Good one :-))

I agree. Many People have a hard time imagining Hiddleston as Bond because they are fixed on Craig, and Hiddleston is a completely different type. But with the Right Story, script and direction he could be fantastic IMO. Provided he´s not to old by the time ;-).

Agreed. He seems like the ‘Moore’ Etonian type.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Talking about shaving, just shave this guy and give him the bloody job.

DcRuSQHWAAAFceU.jpg

And this one doesn't even need to shave.

pierce-brosnan.jpg
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 377
    James Bond.
    Univex wrote: »

DcRuSQHWAAAFceU.jpg

pierce-brosnan.jpg

Why not! And have someone (Tarantino?) write a hell of an "ageing Bond" film.

DcRuSQHWAAAFceU.jpg

pierce-brosnan.jpg

Tarantino is too arty and odd for Bond. Plus he’s American and won’t get the British idioms.

DcRuSQHWAAAFceU.jpg

pierce-brosnan.jpg

Yes, yes, yes. But not Tarantino, please. Maybe this is what Nolan could do. An ageing Bond film, with his very own twists and turns, and some gorgeous cinematography. A one off, so to speak. He could co-write it with his brother. Now, wouldn't that be something?
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,131

Despite his height, he is closer to Flemings Goldfinger than Gert Frobe.

Frobe was brilliant. And was a brilliant actor. But Bikel would have been formidable as well, IMO.

Frobe was brilliant. And was a brilliant actor. But Bikel would have been formidable as well, IMO.

Agreed.

DcRuSQHWAAAFceU.jpg

pierce-brosnan.jpg

Tarantino is too arty and odd for Bond. Plus he’s American and won’t get the British idioms.

In my dream scenario he wouldn't have written the script all by himself :-)

DcRuSQHWAAAFceU.jpg

pierce-brosnan.jpg

Yes, yes, yes. But not Tarantino, please. Maybe this is what Nolan could do. An ageing Bond film, with his very own twists and turns, and some gorgeous cinematography. A one off, so to speak. He could co-write it with his brother. Now, wouldn't that be something?

Never cared for Nolan myself, but in this dream scenario, everyone can have their pick! Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss could also have made a great Bond film too. I hope they get the chance to work on a future Bond film.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Never cared for Nolan myself, but in this dream scenario, everyone can have their pick! Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss could also have made a great Bond film too. I hope they get the chance to work on a future Bond film.

Wait, wait, WAIT! :) Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss would be a dream. Better than all this Tarantino and Nolan business (which is getting tiresome). You nailed it, @Torgeirtrap, Moffat and Gatiss would be brilliant!

PS: I really miss Sherlock and their Doctor Who.
    PPS: I know we went out of topic for a while, but hey, better than hearing about the same guys (contenders) over and over again, right? ;)
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,279

Wait, wait, WAIT! :) Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss would be a dream. Better than all this Tarantino and Nolan business (which is getting tiresome). You nailed it, @Torgeirtrap, Moffat and Gatiss would be brilliant!

PPS: I know we went out of topic for a while, but hey, better than hearing about the same guys (contenders) over and over again, right? ;)

I'm sure Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss could have produced a hell of a script if they got the chance – and having already introduced us to a modern day Sherlock Holmes, I have no doubt they could do the same with another (British) literary figure. I think they're making a new Dracula series now?

It's definitely worth going off-topic now and then - if the mods allow it! :))

I'm sure Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss could have produced a hell of a script if they got the chance – and having already introduced us to a modern day Sherlock Holmes, I have no doubt they could do the same with another (British) literary figure. I think they're making a new Dracula series now?

Well, if the conversation is this good, why not? ;)

Looking forward to the Dracula adaptation. Some people just know how to write smart plots and dialogues. The Sorkins, Gatisses and Moffats of the world. Many people don't get them. I, for one, admire them for trying to make smart tv for smart people. It's a steep mountain to climb. But they've been doing it.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Yes, Bikel is good. Confident, stylish, threatening.

Well, if the conversation is this good, why not? ;)

Looking forward to the Dracula adaptation. Some people just know how to write smart plots and dialogues. The Sorkins, Gatisses and Moffats of the world. Many people don't get them. I, for one, admire them for trying to make smart tv for smart people. It's a steep mountain to climb. But they've been doing it.

I'll be watching the Dracula series when it comes out. I've seen Claes Bang (who will play Dracula) in a few roles over the years. Good actor; looks the part too!

Also agree re. their knack to write smart plots and dialogues. Half the fun of watching Sherlock is finding out what they've come up with for each series and episode, and how Sherlock can solve each case. Wonderful stuff. I remember being VERY sceptical sitting down to watch the very first episode. Didn't take long before I was completely on board the concept of a modern day Sherlock Holmes!
  • Tom Hughes gets asked the Bond question at 6:18. Very tactfully answered Tom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWGZ8N5tWyA]

I always think of Hughes as the dark horse in the Bond race. He's someone who doesn't attract a lot of press regarding Bond but seems to be quietly getting on with his career while ageing nicely. He appears to have bulked up a bit as well.

Role wise he seems to be able to switch impressively between working class and posh. Don't let the floppy hair style fool you. In real life he has some of that ordinary background that I think served Connery and Craig well as Bond.
    Tom Hughes gets asked the Bond question at 6:18. Very tactfully answered Tom.

I always think of Hughes as the dark horse in the Bond race. He's someone who doesn't attract a lot of press regarding Bond but seems to be quietly getting on with his career while ageing nicely. He appears to have bulked up a bit as well.

Role wise he seems to be able to switch impressively between working class and posh. Don't let the floppy hair style fool you. In real life he has some of that ordinary background that I think served Connery and Craig well as Bond.

Never been sold on him as Bond, but he's a decent actor.

DcRuSQHWAAAFceU.jpg

pierce-brosnan.jpg

Should somebody tell him? The nationality of the new Bond Helmer?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Tom Hughes gets asked the Bond question at 6:18. Very tactfully answered Tom.

He certainly has the looks, but definately needs to go to gthe gym a bit more ;-)

His acting seems still a bit... soft. Not as defined as it may be if he gets the right challanges. Certainly one to follow.