No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• 007_MJH007_MJH Lancashire, UK
    Most excited for this now, as I always am after some sort of reveal for a Bond movie. Have no objection to a title not being revealed/decided on yet, this will only add to that excitement. I think it was inevitable that Lea Seydoux would return, I’m just intrigued as to what may, or may not happen with the character of Madeleine Swann – especially as we were told that the movie starts with Bond off active service and enjoying life. I would assume that something will happen to ruin what he has going.

Rami Malek has proved himself to be a fine actor and he will obviously be playing the villain of the peace based on his short video. I loved him in Bohemian Rhapsody, so to see what he will do for this is intriguing. Ana De Armas, apart from being a stunning woman, is another fine performer and I trust that she will have plenty of screen time. Even better, is Jeffrey Wright returning as Felix, this was a ‘punch the air’ moment for me. Another brilliant actor and a really great Felix in his two appearances so far and nice that he’ll become the only actor to play Felix in 3 movies.

I’ll be honest I know nothing of Dali Benssalah, Lashana Lynch, Billy Magnussen or David Denick (his portrait looks very henchman like) so I look forward to seeing and reading more about them as production goes on.

Daniel Craig looked like he was in decent shape too.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    I love the set they have built on Jamaica, it already looks gorgeous! Like a small version of Goldeneye, right on the beach.
    Did no-one on this forum spot this earlier, was it done secretly?
    And the judges points are in...

sound man - nil points
    presenter - nil points
    Craig's enthusiasm - nil points
    Overall production values of live stream - nil points
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 3,160
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    My guess; Pre-title scenes set just after SP, with Bond and Maddy in Italy

The said that they were in Jamaica. So this is where the PTS will take place, unless we have a PTS without Bond.
    I am far happier than I expected. Wright back as Felix is enough to make up for the lack of a title.
    That said, I'm more than thrilled ECLIPSE was not announced as the title. Maybe we can forget about that one, then , eh?
    Still plenty of time for them to give us a Fleming inspired title.
    I must say Craig, IMO looks the best here he's looked since QUANTUM OF SOLACE.
    He looks damn good and the cast looks amazing. All in all I'm getting that Bond excitement back.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    I am convinced that fellow dane, Daniel Dencik, will play the scientist:

Agree, that looks very likely. Quality casting!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm excited and happy. Yeah, this is good news!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited April 2019 Posts: 4,343
    That's a good set up.

Yes it is, but in this case I suppose Matera won't be used only for the PTS. Also because filming in Norway was quite brief. We'll see. BB said first time we'll see Bond in the movie is in Jamaica.
    Will Maddy be there at the end I wonder...? I can't see him ending up with any of the other new female cast. So he either dies, ends up alone, or they wrap it up with him and Maddy again at the end.
    If Bond is in Jamaica at the start of the film. What is the pts going to look like.
    I' m not to bothered about getting a fairly basic plot outline at this early point, the trick will be trying to avoid any major spoilers along the way. Thrilled that Jeffrey Wright is back and hoping that he is a substantial part of the movie.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Suttirat Larlarb is our costume designer.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm incredibly pleased with this morning's announcement (minus the lack of title, of course). Can't wait for this film.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited April 2019 Posts: 1,257
    Jeffrey Wright is back and we got Ana De Armas... I’m pleased with this.
    antovolk wrote: »
    Justin Hurwitz confirmed for score duties in 3…2…1….

Fingers crossed
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,241
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 1,661
    Having watched it again in full - my laptop at work was buffering so I couldn't see it all smoothly - Craig did seem a little flat or disinterested in being there. I think he's quite shy in real life. I wouldn't mind the next Bond actor having a bit more Brosnan type enthusiasm for the role. I don't really get the impression Craig enjoys the role. I don't mean that as ultra-critical but we've had five years waiting for Craig's return, we see Craig back as Bond (back representing the part) and he feels a bit flat. Well, just my impression.

Irrespective of how Bond 25 turns out - good, bad or indifferent - I do feel it's time for a new James Bond actor. Perhaps someone with a tad more enthusiasm or joy for the part. As I say, this is not an anti-Craig post but I feel fans should just say how they feel.
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    Very very excited about the details announced today!!! Bond is truly coming back!!! However like everyone else I am disabled that the title wasn't revealed however as exciting as that plot sypnosis sounds I am having a hard time finding it on the 007 website, Where exactly is it posted as the official sypnosis?
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Doesn't the clapperborad (scene 15 K) suggest that the PTS plays out in Norway? Fukanaga may have started his synopsis where the real film sets in. This suggests that Bond is not in the PTS.
    (By the way, where did the spoiler tags go?)

The said that they were in Jamaica. So this is where the PTS will take place, unless we have a PTS without Bond.

No, they said at the start (meaning start of the main story) we find Bond in Jamaica retired from service. I am saying the pre-title sequence is set just after SP, with Bond and Maddy and a car chase in Italy (with DB5) and then, after titles, we jump 4 years later and find Bond and Maddy in Jamaica.
    I don't care about a title just yet. The main thing is they are filming, and the film will be released next year.

The synopsis has me excited but worried. It sounds like a plot from a continuation story to an extent. Hopefully it's good. And I need to keep emphasising how great it is to have Ana de Armas in the series. She was born to be a Bond girl.
  • Ok. So apart from the clips I thought the overall presentation was a tad dull. The SPECTRE reveal was far better and Sam Mendes made a better presenter! Had MGW forgotten that they already had the title SPECTRE before production began!
    Not at all familiar with the new faces but sometimes that can be a good thing.
    Everyone apart from BB and MGW looked liked they would all rather be somewhere else. Maybe getting on with the film instead of answering lame questions.
    The location looks great.

Very very excited about the details announced today!!! Bond is truly coming back!!! However like everyone else I am disabled that the title wasn't revealed however as exciting as that plot sypnosis sounds I am having a hard time finding it on the 007 website, Where exactly is it posted as the official sypnosis?

Shortly after the stream, a synopsis was revealed which confirms that the film begins with Bond living a simple life. “Bond has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica,” it reads. “His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help. The mission to rescue a kidnapped scientist turns out to be far more treacherous than expected, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology.”

https://empireonline.com/movies/news/bond-25-reveals-synopsis-cast-jeffrey-wright-returning/
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

No, they said at the start (meaning start of the main story) we find Bond in Jamaica retired from service. I am saying the pre-title sequence is set just after SP, with Bond and Maddy and a car chase in Italy (with DB5) and then, after titles, we jump 4 years later and find Bond and Maddy in Jamaica.

Or maybe the PTS won't feature Bond. The kidnap of that scientist, perhaps?
  • QsCatQsCat London
    'Bond has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica. His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help. The mission to rescue a kidnapped scientist turns out to be far more treacherous than expected, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology'

Felix just 'turns up' does he. Would be poorly worded even for a film with a budget equal to what they spent on that press coverage, never mind one with their budget.

If they're having trouble with the synopsis no wonder the script has taken so many writers to put it together.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    The presentation itself felt a bit underwhelming and awkward. The social media Q&A didn't quite work. And the audio problems didn't help either.

But we got great news! I'm really excited Jeffrey Wright is back as Felix. The first actor to play this role 3 times. I haven't seen Ana De Armas anywhere, but she's absolutely stunning. And Rami Malek is brilliant, so I'm eager to see him as the villain.

I was surprised MGW said "I can't remember the last time we had a title when we started a film"... If I'm not mistaken, all of Craig's films had titles when they were announced/started filming.
    Rami Malek is playing Sir August deWynter, and the technology is a weather machine. You heard it here first, folks.
  • Very poor event, but I guess you blokes will swallow anything EON dishes out.

Living a peaceful life in Jamaica and Felix come for help does not look like a PTS but the first scene after the titles! Dont forget that probably the new movie will take place today not in 2015. The PTS though could be after spectre in 2015!

• 007_MJH007_MJH Lancashire, UK
    Just read the synopsis. Interesting. Despite being with Madeleine and away from active service, I get the feeling of an old school Bond adventure. That may just be me, but I get that feeling. However, I know that there will be continuation of what has come before.

I hope that Malek is not Blofeld Jr (Uncle James?) and that he is a new character. I wasn't a fan of the whole brother angle.

Still, I'm enthusiastic as always and I look forward to what transpires.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    QsCat wrote: »
    Felix just 'turns up' does he. Would be poorly worded even for a film with a budget equal to what they spent on that press coverage, never mind one with their budget.

What am I missing here? What’s wrong with the phrase “turns up”?