"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Bloody hell that was hard work Arsenal !!!!

Watford will hopefully win the FA Cup on May 18th x total respect to them !!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Well? Another draw away at Wigan but that's ok as they have a pretty strong record at home despite their league position. 4 points ahead of Leeds and still 7 points ahead of Sheffield Utd in 3rd. Boy am I getting nervous and still 4 games to go for most clubs. OTBC!!!!

The Championship still delivering the drama! Will be interesting to see how things stand at the end of the season.

Rosenborg still managing to be horrible, and lost 3-1 away against Stabæk this evening. This Rosenborg team is in serious trouble, and you have to wonder how long this project will last. Season might be in danger after three games…

I feel for you when their is nothing you can do to influence your team which ever end of the table you are?!!!

One point and last on the table is certainly not what any Rosenborg fan would have expected after these matches, that's for sure! This is a team that won both the title and cup comfortably in November. Strange what only a few months can do…

Have you lost a lot of players since last season?

That's the thing, it's the same core of players playing! A few injuries, but nothing that should impact the team as much as this. It's unbelievable.

What about the Manager? Have they stopped believing in him? That is really odd as you say?

I really don't know, but something is very, very wrong, that's for sure. It's a different way of playing they're trying to do, but at the same time the quality of these players should be enough to get more out of these games. Right now they're all over the place. The next two fixtures will be key - most of all the game against Molde.

I am like this about our next game Friday night, everyone plays earlier in the day where we are the evening game. If results go our way then its a free hit to be fair but that is a big ask.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Man, that was a difficult win. Fully expected them to score despite being down to ten. Three really, REALLY important points for Arsenal this.

Man, that was a difficult win. Fully expected them to score despite being down to ten. Three really, REALLY important points for Arsenal this.

Arsenal won an away game! What a day ;)
    jobo wrote: »

Arsenal won an away game! What a day ;)

Still several away games left though. And those games won't be easy.
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    edited April 2019 Posts: 222
    A real dilemma for UTD. Do they go for the win or draw against City? They themeselves can't rely on winning the CL to have CL games next season, surely they have to go for forth by beating City and then helping the Mighty Reds to their first PL title.

I can't stand that we have to rely on UTD to help us to the title and how that no-goal was not a goal at City I will never know. Did that make sense?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    A real dilemma for UTD. Do they go for the win or draw against City? They themeselves can't rely on winning the CL to have CL games next season, surely they have to go for forth by beating City and then helping the Mighty Reds to their first PL title.

I can't stand that we have to rely on UTD to help us to the title and how that no-goal was not a goal at City I will never know. Did that make sense?

United will go and try and attack City under Ole, though we have been very poor for several weeks especially at home, I can't see City dropping points at Old Trafford.
    Oh dear oh dear x are Ole’s Man Utd being spanked out of the CL ?
    Couldn’t happen to a nicer elf .
    3 year contract- back of the net.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    With Jones, Smalling and Young in defense we were never going to get anything at the Camp Nou, United fans will take it on the chin and move on. I always had doubts about Ole prior to his full appointment, though I will start judging him next season when he cant hide behind the mess he inherited.
  • RC7RC7

Why do you hate Ole so much?
    With Jones, Smalling and Young in defense we were never going to get anything at the Camp Nou, United fans will take it on the chin and move on. I always had doubts about Ole prior to his full appointment, though I will start judging him next season when he cant hide behind the mess he inherited.

He's going to need a bit longer than that to make some changes.
    vzok wrote: »

He's going to need a bit longer than that to make some changes.

True though next season is when his job starts properly and he will be open to criticism, when Ole got the interim post I said until the end of this season he had a free hit.
    RC7 wrote: »

You don’t need to know.
  • RC7RC7

You don’t need to know.

Was it your wife?
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 19,339

You don’t need to know.

Was it your wife?

No yours,on Thursdays and Mondays, I wanted to spare you,after all not good for your ego with him being an elf.

• RC7RC7
    edited April 2019 Posts: 10,512

You don’t need to know.

Was it your wife?

No yours,on Thursdays and Mondays, I wanted to spare you,after all not good for your ego with him being an elf.

But I’m an elf and my wife is an elf and we’re doggers. I’d have surely come across him. No pun intended.

You don’t need to know.

Was it your wife?

But I’m an elf and my wife is an elf and we’re doggers. I’d have surely come across him. No pun intended.

Thought so,makes sense.
  • RC7RC7

You don’t need to know.

Was it your wife?

Thought so,makes sense.

Do tell us why you hate Ole, though. Otherwise it’s just going to look like all the other invented ‘beefs’ Arsenal fans have with people and clubs who are ambivalent towards them.
    As a Barcelona fan you can't ask for a better night than this! (Well, Barcelona could have hunted a bigger win. When United have surrendered and are there for the taking, why be happy with 3-0 and not go for the throut?) With Ajax winning, everything is superb! So incredibly deserved!
    That is a rude awakening for Ole tonight.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 19,339

You don’t need to know.

Was it your wife?

Thought so,makes sense.

Do tell us why you hate Ole, though. Otherwise it’s just going to look like all the other invented ‘beefs’ Arsenal fans have with people and clubs who are ambivalent towards them.

Partly because he is not a good manager imo and talks the talk and partly from my teen years when the little bugger always came on and scored x he looked like an elf then and looks like an elf now .

(Basically he caused my team a lot of pain over the years so it’s simple jealousy - I can’t lie hahaha )
  • RC7RC7

You don’t need to know.

Was it your wife?

Thought so,makes sense.

Partly because he is not a good manager imo and talks the talk and partly from my teen years when the little bugger always came on and scored x he looked like an elf then and looks like an elf now .

(Basically he caused my team a lot of pain over the years so it’s simple jealousy - I can’t lie hahaha )

Naturally! I thought there was some ludicrous rationale. I would say Henry is much the same for me (but I never hated him).

And I am one of the Utd fans who doesn’t rate Solskjær (as a manager).

You don’t need to know.

Was it your wife?

Thought so,makes sense.

Naturally! I thought there was some ludicrous rationale. I would say Henry is much the same for me (but I never hated him).

I wouldn’t say ‘hate’ per se,probably at the level u feel abou Thierry ,but manager-wise I would have waited until the end of the season.
    Man Utd is a massive club and I don’t think he can control the dressing room and his tactical knowledge is awful ,you can’t rely on a feel good factor for ever .
    Man Utd deserve better (and that’s an Arsenal fan saying that as you know haha !! )
  • RC7RC7

You don’t need to know.

Was it your wife?

Thought so,makes sense.

I wouldn’t say ‘hate’ per se,probably at the level u feel abou Thierry ,but manager-wise I would have waited until the end of the season.
    Man Utd is a massive club and I don’t think he can control the dressing room and his tactical knowledge is awful ,you can’t rely on a feel good factor for ever .
    Man Utd deserve better (and that’s an Arsenal fan saying that as you know haha !! )

Poor decision making all round - but I expect nothing less at the moment. The deal should’ve been, ‘get top 4, get the job’. Jumped too soon.

You don’t need to know.

Was it your wife?

Thought so,makes sense.

Poor decision making all round - but I expect nothing less at the moment. The deal should’ve been, ‘get top 4, get the job’. Jumped too soon.

Exactly !
    My thought entirely.
    Prove you deserve this job .
    I still wonder if media pressure had a lot to influence the Man Utd board to give him the job,and player power when they realised he is a soft touch .
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,303

You don’t need to know.

Was it your wife?

Thought so,makes sense.

Can't speak for @barryt007, but I have a reason to not hold Solskjær "in high regard". During last season he – as Molde manager, played and captained a player who was formally charged with rape. The player in question was later acquitted, but was ordered to pay compensation to the victim. Two similar allegations have also come to light after this – both before he became a Molde player. In November, right after the season finished, the player allegedly raped again on a stopover before a end-of-season trip to Barcelona. In January, a statement was posted on the club's website, saying the player's contract had been terminated by mutual consent, providing no further information.

I find it very unfortunate that Solskjær played and even captained the player in question in games during this period - which was also expressed by opposition fans during games. Even more so, the club's actions have been questionable (to put it lightly), during this period.

More can be read on josimarfootball.com (in English)
    Over to more positive news, I'm really, really impressed by Ajax! They've come a long way after being knocked out by Rosenborg in the 2017 qualifying rounds of the EL, to now beat Juventus over two games in the CL. Who would have thought that!
    I am hoping Ajax win the CL this year, they played some fantastic football against Juve
    I am hoping Ajax win the CL this year, they played some fantastic football against Juve

An unlikely winner, but it would be good for football in general though, wouldn't it? Ajax's budget is considerably lower than the other clubs left in the competition, and them winning the PL would be a Leicester kind of story.
    I would agree with Ajax x a great old European club .