"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

2-3, Aubemayang. Too late I think. Arsenal needed 3 points from this game.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Late comeback
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,302
    Arsenal have: Watford (A), Palace (H), Wolves (A), Leicester (A), Brighton (H) and Burnley (A). Out of these fixtures, I think Arsenal will win two – potentially losing all the away games. 6 points.

My 6 points prediction is still a possibility. Only difference, I expected Arsenal to lose against Watford and win against Palace. Not getting anything from the first of two home matches left is very, very worrying.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Arsenal have: Watford (A), Palace (H), Wolves (A), Leicester (A), Brighton (H) and Burnley (A). Out of these fixtures, I think Arsenal will win two – potentially losing all the away games. 6 points.

My 6 points prediction is still a possibility. Only difference, I expected Arsenal to lose against Watford and win against Palace. Not getting anything from one of two home matches left is very, very worrying.

United have... City (H), Chelsea (H), Huddersfield (A), Cardiff (H) I think we will be lucky to get 6 points from that on current form, we will need 9 points to stand a chance of top four

My 6 points prediction is still a possibility. Only difference, I expected Arsenal to lose against Watford and win against Palace. Not getting anything from one of two home matches left is very, very worrying.

United have... City (H), Chelsea (H), Huddersfield (A), Cardiff (H) I think we will be lucky to get 6 points from that on current form, we will need 9 points to stand a chance of top four

I'd be surprised by anything less than 6 points from those matches. Could get a win against Chelsea even on current form, making it 9 points from 4 matches. City not too good defensively either.

After the Chelsea match tomorrow, I might do an update on my predictions!

I'd be surprised by anything less than 6 points from those matches. Could get a win against Chelsea even on current form, making it 9 points from 4 matches. City not too good defensively either.

United are shockingly bad it will be a miracle if we got anything against City right now

United are shockingly bad it will be a miracle if we got anything against City right now

Well, you never know. De Bruyne is out now, so that might become a factor.
    On Friday night I kicked every ball during the Norwich v Sheffield Wednesday match. Have no issue with the equaliser as it was a belter. But the handball on the line really ticked me off.

When we got that free kick, I was whispering the word "Justice!" under my breath over and over and boy how I celebrated that 2-2 draw. God willing tomorrow the results will work in our favour to clinch promotion!!!!! OTBC!!!!!!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    On Friday night I kicked every ball during the Norwich v Sheffield Wednesday match. Have no issue with the equaliser as it was a belter. But the handball on the line really ticked me off.

When we got that free kick, I was whispering the word "Justice!" under my breath over and over and boy how I celebrated that 2-2 draw. God willing tomorrow the results will work in our favour to clinch promotion!!!!! OTBC!!!!!!

It's looking very promising now!

It would be so nice to wrap it up tomorrow but that is a big ask? As long as we do what we need to do? That's the main thing!

It would be so nice to wrap it up tomorrow but that is a big ask? As long as we do what we need to do? That's the main thing!

You never know! Away games for Norwich, Sheffield United and Leeds; it might be a few surprises!

Also, how did yesterday go? :-)
    0-0 at home against Strømsgodset, and the Rosenborg crisis continues. The gap up to the top is already starting to grow, and nothing but three points away to Molde will do. Will that happen on current form? No…
    0-0 at home against Strømsgodset, and the Rosenborg crisis continues. The gap up to the top is already starting to grow, and nothing but three points away to Molde will do. Will that happen on current form? No…

On the bright side we have managed to draw two home games in a row! ;)
    jobo wrote: »

On the bright side we have managed to draw two home games in a row! ;)

You know things are bad when that's a positive!

Sp*rs: Brighton (H), West Ham (H), Bournemouth (A) and Everton (H) – 12 points
    Easy fixtures for Sp*rs. I think they'll win all of them comfortably (unfortunately…)

Chelsea: United (A), Watford (H) and Leicester (A) – 6 points
    United will look to win at home - which I think they'll do, while Watford and Leicester will be back-to-back wins for Sarri's men.

Arsenal: Wolves (A), Leicester (A), Brighton (H) and Burnley (A) – 3 points
    Consecutive away games against Wolves and Leicester will be difficult for Arsenal, while the Brighton game might give Arsenal an opportunity at home. Burnley will look to frustrate Arsenal much like they did against Chelsea tonight, and I think Arsenal will drop 3 points here.

Man United: City (H), Chelsea (H), Huddersfield (A) and Cardiff (H) – 9 points
    After the City game, United have every chance picking up points. Chelsea might be difficult, but the home advantage might help.

Adding these points to the table:
    1./2. Liverpool/City (both looking strong now)
    3. Sp*rs: 67 (+12) - 79
    4. Chelsea: 67 (+6) - 73 (Chelsea with goal difference advantage at the moment)
    5. United: 64 (+9) -73
    6. Arsenal: 66 (+3) - 69

Only difference from my last prediction is United missing out on top four by goal difference.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I reckon Chelsea will slip up against both Watford and Leicester. Their only guaranteed 3 points is against Man U ;)

The teams battling for 7th place, and a stab at Europe will all be difficult to beat. Watford, Everton, Leicester, West Ham, Wolves.
    NicNac wrote: »
    I reckon Chelsea will slip up against both Watford and Leicester. Their only guaranteed 3 points is against Man U ;)

You feel very confident about this, @NicNac!
    NicNac wrote: »
    The teams battling for 7th place, and a stab at Europe will all be difficult to beat. Watford, Everton, Leicester, West Ham, Wolves.

This is very true. All those teams will do anything to get to that 7th place, no doubt.
    @Torgeirtrap I see you are down playing Arsenal's chances which is exactly what I am doing with United. I think you will get three points at Wolves, since Wolves went out of the F.A. Cup they have not been at the same level.
    @Torgeirtrap I see you are down playing Arsenal's chances which is exactly what I am doing with United. I think you will get three points at Wolves, since Wolves went out of the F.A. Cup they have not been at the same level.

Yes, I'm playing down Arsenal's chances - even more so when they couldn't grab any points at home against Palace. Wolves might not be on the same level as before their FA Cup exit, but with Arsenal's defensive issues it should be a good opportunity to grab a win. United will surely get a few wins going forward.
    Anyone brave (or mad ) enough to state that Man Utd will beat Man City tonight ?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    City are my choice for the win here. They have much more to lose.
    A draw or a loss are massive to both City and Liverpool for the rest of the season.
    Also a win for City helps Chelsea's top four chances. ;)
    Benny wrote: »
    A draw or a loss are massive to both City and Liverpool for the rest of the season.

And Arsenal of course !
    barryt007 wrote: »

And Arsenal of course !

giphy.gif
    It's going down to the wire, but who will win?
    Manchester City
    Or
    Liverpool
    It's going down to the wire, but who will win?
    Manchester City
    Or
    Liverpool

My hunch still says City will win the title. Every fixture will count of course, and I can see potentially tricky games for both City and Liverpool.
    So City have,

Manchester United, Burnley, Leicester and Brighton.

Liverpool have,

Huddersfield, Newcastle and Wolves.

If City beat Utd, I think they have the easier run home. Newcastle could be playing for a place to remain in the league. And Wolves are a dark horse for a win against anyone. I guess you could say the same for Leicester. But I have a gut feeling that City will overcome at the end of the day.
    I think Newcastle are safe now arnt they ?
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I think Newcastle are safe now arnt they ?

Yes, you're quite right Bazza. :-bd
    Who do you think will end up on top my old mucker?
    I think City will just about do it....and send Brighton down on the last day of the season possibly as well !!
    City will win. Remember Liverpool will be demoralized after being humiliated by Barcelona in the Champions League. ;)

On a more serious note... Liverpool has the CL to worry about, and their squad is not so deep. That is an advantage both for City and Barca.