Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

Comments

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    It definitely seems like promising news. This could be the first step on our way to a new Bond game.
    That's certainly the most encouraging news we've gotten in some time. A small but important first step
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    It definitely seems like promising news. This could be the first step on our way to a new Bond game.

I hope so it's long overdue
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,126
    I do hope MGM Interactive is resurrected and makes worthy James Bond games.

And honestly speaking, there are a lot of developers hungry to get their hands on the Bond license. Saying no one wants it is nothing short of nonsensical. No disrespect intended.

And honestly speaking, there are a lot of developers hungry to get their hands on the Bond license. Saying no one wants it is nothing short of nonsensical. No disrespect intended.

Didn't MGM interactive make all the Brosnans and From Russia With Love? @ClarkDevlin
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Didn't MGM interactive make all the Brosnans and From Russia With Love? @ClarkDevlin
    Only presented it. MGM Interactive attempted to make Tomorrow Never Dies: The Mission Continues (the TND continuation game), but it was shelved and its assets were used by the highly inferior Black Ops Entertainment for the hamfested direct video game adaptation.

All of the EA-published Bond games were either developed by EA Redwood Shores, EA Canada, EA Los Angeles (sometimes all three at once!) or Eurocom.

Only presented it. MGM Interactive attempted to make Tomorrow Never Dies: The Mission Continues (the TND continuation game), but it was shelved and its assets were used by the highly inferior Black Ops Entertainment for the hamfested direct video game adaptation.

All of the EA-published Bond games were either developed by EA Redwood Shores, EA Canada, EA Los Angeles (sometimes all three at once!) or Eurocom.

@ClarkDevlin they should revive eurocom

If only, @007Blofeld. Sadly, because of 007 Legends, the company was dismantled and defunct.

If only, @007Blofeld. Sadly, because of 007 Legends, the company was dismantled and defunct.

Oh yeah I remember that @ClarkDevlin maybe ea games then

Not the current EA. They are just as bad, if not worse than Activision.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,399

I don't know.. A Bond game in the same engine they use for Battlefront 2 would look very nice lol - and imagine that level of detail on MP maps like Blofelds Volanco Lair, The Liparus, Moonraker Base, Goldeneye base, the grounds at Skyfall.. I am literally salivating at the thought of those ideas..... Yeah the microtransaction stuff is a big negative... BUT to get stuff like that?.. I don't know, might be worth it... As long as we wouldn't be shafted with a piss poor campaign.

Plus you could the same Heros and Villains feature too... That would be cool.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    DJCLE84 wrote: »

I don't know.. A Bond game in the same engine they use for Battlefront 2 would look very nice lol - and imagine that level of detail on MP maps like Blofelds Volanco Lair, The Liparus, Moonraker Base, Goldeneye base, the grounds at Skyfall.. I am literally salivating at the thought of those ideas..... Yeah the microtransaction stuff is a big negative... BUT to get stuff like that?.. I don't know, might be worth it... As long as we wouldn't be shafted with a piss poor campaign.

It would look pretty as hell, yes, but then you have lootboxes, microtransactions, and your game isn't complete for almost two years.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I could see a modern EA Bond game being good if, and only if, they had Respawn develop it. Respawn is the only good part of EA. Their games are always well crafted and control as smooth as butter. And credit to them for making a free to play game that isn’t pay to win (Apex Legends), which isn’t something I’d expect from an EA published game.
    I still say Ubisoft could develop a great game
    They’re not interested. They’re allegedly building their own universe, right now. And Splinter Cell is included in it.
    DJCLE84 wrote: »

@Agent007391 that be so awesome a dream
    They’re not interested. They’re allegedly building their own universe, right now. And Splinter Cell is included in it.

is it really we haven't had a new one since 2013
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Risico007 wrote: »

I had a ton of optimism for a new Splinter Cell after some leaks seemed to confirm it last year, but then that turned out to be a whole lot of nothing. Ubisoft have still said that all of their franchises are getting worked on in one form or another, so I do hope it's still coming eventually. Hell, give me some "remastered" or ported versions of the older games and that's good enough for me.
    Yep. They're working on one but keeping it a secret thus far. After some dissatisfaction with the general fans who hated the last two installments, I gather they're taking a different route the way IO Interactive did with Hitman while also going back to its roots.

What I read a few weeks ago is that they're building a universe for all their titles to contain in. The next Splinter Cell might take place in a post-apocalyptic future. At least according to a speculation.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 235
    Yep. They're working on one but keeping it a secret thus far. After some dissatisfaction with the general fans who hated the last two installments, I gather they're taking a different route the way IO Interactive did with Hitman while also going back to its roots.

What I read a few weeks ago is that they're building a universe for all their titles to contain in. The next Splinter Cell might take place in a post-apocalyptic future. At least according to a speculation.

I hope they announce a new Splinter Cell game at E3 this year. I was disappointed they did not announce one last year.
    Splinter Cell would for sure scratch that Bond itch for me at least a little bit. Last Bond game was 2012 and last SC was 2013. I need my cool spy game fix!
    And who knows? If the game proves to be successful, Eon might want to get their fingers back in to the pie.
  • mgeoff88mgeoff88 At a nice safehouse in Rome... Erm... Bay Area, CA
    Ghost Recon: Wildlands has established it exists in the same universe as Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six.

The only Tom Clancy game franchise I don’t want to see be part of the TC universe, is The Division. The whole post-apocalyptic setting set during present day doesn’t mesh with the other games present day setting, and I feel it is the weakest franchise of the TC video games.
    mgeoff88 wrote: »
    Ghost Recon: Wildlands has established it exists in the same universe as Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six.

The only Tom Clancy game franchise I don’t want to see be part of the TC universe, is The Division. The whole post-apocalyptic setting set during present day doesn’t mesh with the other games present day setting, and I feel it is the weakest franchise of the TC video games.

I always thought all the TC games were in the same universe.
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    Splinter Cell would for sure scratch that Bond itch for me at least a little bit. Last Bond game was 2012 and last SC was 2013. I need my cool spy game fix!

I would say out of all the espionage games Splinter Cell reminds me a lot of James Bond games.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 15,423
    Provided that Rainbow Six exists in the same universe as Splinter Cell, that would link them to Jack Ryan. Now, I do really want Ryan to meet Fisher at some point. I always wanted to see that happening.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Mazouni wrote: »
    mgeoff88 wrote: »

I always thought all the TC games were in the same universe.

I think EndWar was the first game to push that idea as absolute canon, but Chaos Theory and Ghost Recon 2 were the first hints.
  • mgeoff88mgeoff88 At a nice safehouse in Rome... Erm... Bay Area, CA
    I actually think it would be cool to see Ubisoft do a video game series based around Jack Ryan.

I mean, you got the John Krasinski led Jack Ryan series on Amazon. Might as well strike while the iron is hot. We could also use more spy games.

There’s no telling how long it will be before we get a new 007 game.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited April 2019 Posts: 16,330
    Well while there is no new Bond games on the horizon, I've been coming up with random Bond adventures in Garry's Mod. Thanks to a friend of mine, Gmod has a full fledged Alec model and it's really Sean Bean too. @Creasy47 old buddy, you might like this. :)

T7pvo4e.jpg
    08yNF92.jpg
    2jFDcAX.png
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Oh man, that's awesome, @Murdock! I bet you're having a real treat with that. Brosnan's face has quite the Nightfire look there.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Well while there is no new Bond games on the horizon, I've been coming up with random Bond adventures in Garry's Mod. Thanks to a friend of mine, Gmod has a full fledged Alec model and it's really Sean Bean too. @Creasy47 old buddy, you might like this. :)

T7pvo4e.jpg
    08yNF92.jpg
    2jFDcAX.png

@Murdock that is so awesome you should make mods in Goldeneye Source.