No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Don't believe the MI6 article.
    I don't know what's going on, but MI6-HQ has been very untrustworthy lately when it comes to Bond 25 news.
    I don't know what's going on, but MI6-HQ has been very untrustworthy lately when it comes to Bond 25 news.
    Yes, it really doesn't help all of this confusion and delays and silence, that's for sure.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Benny wrote: »
    However perhaps she requested being buried in Italy.
    She died there. It makes sense.

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I'm really hoping that if the movie ends in Jamaica then the film (and with that the Craig era) will end with this song just when credits start rolling: https://youtube.com/watch?v=tNRuysQVfJc

To me, Underneath The Mango Tree is much more iconic.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

Just finished reading it. There was no mention of Bond 25.

About the old flame stuff, for me it makes more sense to suppose that it's Mathis' grave the one visited by Bond. Remembering that once "retired", Mathis went to live in Italy.
    They need to get going and get this film made already. If craig isn’t seen on set by months end get used to November 2020 being when it’s relessdd.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    They need to get going and get this film made already. If craig isn’t seen on set by months end get used to November 2020 being when it’s relessdd.
    The film is released a year tomorrow, they have time mate.

Remember, Spectre started filming only 11 months before release and Bond 25 already has a sequence shot.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Denbigh wrote: »

Remember, Spectre started filming only 11 months before release and Bond 25 already has a sequence shot.

GF started filming eight months before release.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

GF started filming eight months before release.
    Exactly, if you think the film's gonna be delayed again, you're really reaching.

Just because we don't know anything doesn't mean it's screwed.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 6,677

Not screwed at all. Only frustrated ;)

giphy.gif

But in a few weeks time, this ship will be running tight and at full speed. We all get along just fine when we have something concrete to talk about. Life in the (Mi6) island runs just fine if (if!) there's food for everyone. And right now, there's just not enough coconuts :)

BTW, they all seem very relaxed in those photos, Craig, Malek,... That's good, I think. Right?

Carry on.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Univex wrote: »

I feel you @Univex, I'm also a bit frustrated. I really wanna know more, but I'm just not into the Chicken Little situation we've got going on with some members.

No news, it's over! James Bond is dead (even though they've shot a whole sequence and more and more things are being confirmed as time goes on) ;)
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 6,677

I feel you @Univex, I'm also a bit frustrated. I really wanna know more, but I'm just not into the Chicken Little situation we've got going on with some members.

No news, it's over! James Bond is dead (even though they've shot a whole sequence and more and more things are being confirmed as time goes on) ;)

No, no, no, you're absolutely right. None of that sky is falling stuff. But we must admit to being frustrated and tired by a rough production. If we don't admit to that, we're just as good as the chicken little people, whomever they are. This as been tiresome to follow. We are all frustrated. Those who say they aren't, are copying with their own defence mechanisms. But truth is, ALL of us would LOVE to get some concrete news and a press conference with a title and a sinopse. Things would run smoothly here from then on. With the occasional psychotic break. But that is normal. This is a forum, after all.

Let's hope things get moving in a more disclosed (but not too much) way soon.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

But truth is, ALL of us would LOVE to get some concrete news and a press conference with a title and a sinopse.
    Yeah, I was quite disappointed when we didn't get the press conference the other day, but all will be revealed soon I'm sure. The issue heavily stem from the delay...

I think they're back on track, but because of the delay all the normal gaps in news and quiet moments while they work on the film seem much more worrying to some, but we've got to remember that the delay for Bond 25 was more of a reset than pause so they're going to be doing all the normal things they usually would during the production of the film but because it's a few months later than originally planned, it feels a lot more damaging to our excitement.

Like I said, the only thing that can ruin Bond 25 for me is if every aspect of the story is a follow-up with nothing new or original, but I trust Fukunaga and the team we've got so bring it on. One year tomorrow guys :D

But truth is, ALL of us would LOVE to get some concrete news and a press conference with a title and a sinopse.
    Yeah, I was quite disappointed when we didn't get the press conference the other day, but all will be revealed soon I'm sure. The issue heavily stem from the delay...

I think they're back on track, but because of the delay all the normal gaps in news and quiet moments while they work on the film seem much more worrying to some, but we've got to remember that the delay for Bond 25 was more of a reset than pause so they're going to be doing all the normal things they usually would during the production of the film but because it's a few months later than originally planned, it feels a lot more damaging to our excitement.

Like I said, the only thing that can ruin Bond 25 for me is if every aspect of the story is a follow-up with nothing new or original, but I trust Fukunaga and the team we've got so bring it on. One year tomorrow guys :D

Absolute truth, that :)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    stalking-9.jpeg?w=463&h=263
    Hey, EON! We are watching you.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium

My feelings exactly. I think that the silence on EON's part got some of us, who are desperate for something official.
    Now, nobody knows how big the problems were and maybe still are. I'm sure they are running things right now (they seem to really have started now), but my problem didn't lie with the delays or the question "Is Bond25 in shambles, if at all?". I try not to worry about that question.

You strike an interesting point, though. What if the delays in filming also caused for a delay in announcing things? I hadn't thought of it in that way, but it's absolutely possible that a delay with the script caused a delay in casting, which in turn caused a delay in the announcement strategies.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

You strike an interesting point, though. What if the delays in filming also caused for a delay in announcing things? I hadn't thought of it in that way, but it's absolutely possible that a delay with the script caused a delay in casting, which in turn caused a delay in the announcement strategies.
    Exactly, it definitely had a domino effect on the rest of production. It was bound to be the case, and also Eon are professionals, they're not gonna rush things out because people are waiting. Waiting is what we've set-up for ourselves by becoming avid followers of the production process.

I should also mention that regardless of delays and what not, this film has quite a quick turnaround for a production that has started fresh. I did some research and Sam Mendes was announced or at least rumoured to be returning around May/July 2013, we didn't get a press conference until December 2014. Now if we look at Bond 25, following the issues with Boyle, Fukunaga was hired around September 2018, we're now in April, six months later and they've already shot a sequence with the conference right around the corner. For a film thats "troubled" and "might need another delay", they're moving a lot quicker than it could've done with a new director on board.

We could've ended up with a press conference in October for all we know if they hadn't pulled their socks up and got on with it, and before someone brings up Boyle, it doesn't really apply because a new director shakes things up so massively that it could've easily been another year or so of delays before we got anywhere near the press conference.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,400

It's very odd how sloppy and inaccurate @MI6 have been.

It's fine to not have inside sources. They are just a fan-site after all. But the fact that they hold themselves out as "insiders" and post inaccurate and untrue stories is just plain weird.

It's fine to not know. We are all in the same boat. Why are they trying to bolster their reputation and hope for the best? It's a high risk strategy.

Anyway the last story in the trades was the 27 Feb:
    https://deadline.com/2019/02/lupita-nyongo-bond-girl-shortlist-rami-malek-villain-james-bond-25-daniel-craig-1202567458/

So we are long overdue some news. Justin Kroll revealed on 26 Feb that there were two female roles they were still casting:
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/bond-25-cast-billy-magnussen-bond-girls-1203151088/

Surely, this is the week that the trades reveal the casting?
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium

Anyway the last story in the trades was the 27 Feb:
    https://deadline.com/2019/02/lupita-nyongo-bond-girl-shortlist-rami-malek-villain-james-bond-25-daniel-craig-1202567458/

So we are long overdue some news. Justin Kroll revealed on 26 Feb that there were two female roles they were still casting:
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/bond-25-cast-billy-magnussen-bond-girls-1203151088/

Surely, this is the week that the trades reveal the casting?

I hope so. I would've thought that by now Baz Bamigboye would've had several things to say, but he's been silent on Bond for a few weeks now as well.

Obviously, one option why we haven't heard anything is that they still haven't cast anyone yet. If we take the Lupita Nyong'o almost-casting rumour as example, it's probable that they're looking for another A-lister actress to fill one of the roles. They are perhaps working out schedules to get her on board?

If they're going for a relatively unknown, I think it will fly under the trades' radar. They're very good at hearing rumblings in Hollywood, but less so at Pinewood.
    In which case we need to look to Baz.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    They should just call this movie “Forever and a Day” based off of Anthony Horowitz’s novel. That’s what it’s felt like to get any kind of news.
    You have the Sony leaks scandal to thank for all this. Now we are at the other end of the information spectrum and it is just as bad. Can't say I blame Eon to be honest as much as I would love a title and press conference. So for now sadly the waiting game continues?!!!!!
    How about “Exit Wound”.

It is Craig’s last film.....

Anyway, I messaged this guy on Instagram who has been working at Pinewood Studios and he liked my comment on his page asking if he’s working on Bond 25.

He was seemingly Rami Malek’s body double or something on BoRhap.....

(I fully expect @MI6 to run this “exclusive” tomorrow.)
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited April 2019 Posts: 1,756
    [deleted]
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    EDIT: @jake24 has already broke the sad news I'm afraid. Really cool imagery thought :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2019 Posts: 10,588
    I'm afriad that, upon further inspection, those images are for the film Close with Noomi Rapace, not B25.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    jake24 wrote: »
    I'm afriad that, upon further inspection, those images are for the film Close with Noomi Rapace, not B25.

Damn. Got excited for a second.
    Got excited during the Norway shoot. Ever since though it’s been a news blackout. Hoping to hear more this week.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 677
    How about “Exit Wound”.

It is Craig’s last film.....

Anyway, I messaged this guy on Instagram who has been working at Pinewood Studios and he liked my comment on his page asking if he’s working on Bond 25.

He was seemingly Rami Malek’s body double or something on BoRhap.....

(I fully expect @MI6 to run this “exclusive” tomorrow.)
    His previous post says he was taking an acting course at Pinewood though?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Why would....
    Vesper be buried in a small italian town. It makes no sense, since she's not italian. Unless she has no family and they just dumped her close to where she died of course. Does the CR-novel say anything about her background?

It's got to be Lucia Sciarra

The thing is, Matera is not even close to Venice.

Just because it's being shot there, it doesn't mean than it can't double for almost any italian small town, which it resembles.

The thing is this place does not resemble anything in Europe let alone Italy.

That is why the smart money says if they've chosen it, it could and I say could be doubling for somewhere in the middle east.

They may well want to use Matera as Matera so I wouldn't rule it out but this place has doubled as Jerusalem 3 times now (Passion of the Christ, Mary Magdalene and the Ben Hur remake).

So I would say it's either that or it's going to be explicity Matera for a reason.

Yeah, I can't see it pass for a town in the north of Italy.