Gareth008 wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Gareth008 wrote: »

Perfect.

BTW Italy is pretty much confirmed.

I heared somewhere BOND 25 is a one word title again, and it's called
    PHANTOM
    of the opera ?

actually it's The Silver Phantom and I think we all know the fleming link lol I am kidding who knows what the film is called
  • The man in the mask reminds me of the phantom of the opera. What if the girl is not Swan but a new character?
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,281
    So the media interviewed this guy in Norway and not only do they think it’s Daniel Craig but he plays a long!! LOL.

https://www.dagbladet.no/kjendis/daniel-craig-er-i-oslo/70924549

Posted about this yesterday (without watching the video first, haha!)

This was a guy hired by NRK Satiriks - a humour show. The show's project manager explained the stunt like this:
    "We wanted to test out how it is when foreign celebrities arrive in Oslo, and how long it takes before the newspapers react. We sent messages to Dagbladet, VG and a few other media".

The man impersonating Craig has apparently won a Daniel Craig look-a-like contest.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    So the media interviewed this guy in Norway and not only do they think it’s Daniel Craig but he plays a long!! LOL.

https://www.dagbladet.no/kjendis/daniel-craig-er-i-oslo/70924549

Posted about this yesterday (without watching the video first, haha!)

This was a guy hired by NRK Satiriks - a humour show. The show's project manager explained the stunt like this:
    "We wanted to test out how it is when foreign celebrities arrive in Oslo, and how long it takes before the newspapers react. We sent messages to Dagbladet, VG and a few other media".

The man impersonating Craig has apparently won a Daniel Craig look-a-like contest.

but sounds more like Liam Neeson.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    EON must be furious to have what ever footage leak
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    They shouldn’t be, it’s great marketing - certainly better than anything their marketing department comes up with.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    They shouldn’t be, it’s great marketing - certainly better than anything their marketing department comes up with.

What? Don't you guys like random Bond film snapshots every few days?

Or have the whole thing spoiled
    Its nice to actually have something infront of us to talk about.
    acidie wrote: »

How spoilery is it? @acidie
  • RC7RC7

I'd like to share my interview with Jeff Kleeman, UA's former VP. I asked him about Bond 25's delays and how a change of date can impact on the release of a film. He gave me very interesting answers: http://secretagentlair.blogspot.com/2019/03/interview-jeff-kleeman-former-united.html

Plus, he said GE64's success was vital for every other Bond film after 1997.

Absolutely fantastic interview @NS_writings. Interesting to see how much he credits GE on the Nintendo 64 for the success of the following Bond films. We need that kind of attitude toward gaming in the current EON administration.

Thank you all for the appreciation of my interview. I also think they shouldn't abandon Bond games to hook younger generations, because I was one of those. I played a great game, then I saw a great film, then I was hooked into Bond!

I think he also gave us a very interesting POV on the Bond 25 date thing. It's comforting that he explained us that GoldenEye also got delayed from June to November due to production starting later than planned, and how getting TND pushed to February or April would have given the film more numbers.

RE: Bond 25 shooting - I'm absolutely excited! Finally, a villain that can inspire real fear in the Craig era. We needed that for a while. None of the Craig villains/henchmen were really frightening or intimidating to me. Perhaps Mr. Hinx, a little.

Nice comments on GE:64 I’ve been saying the same thing for years. Some of the younger and older fans on either end of the spectrum don’t quite realise what a monumental game it was and still is.

Rather annoyingly EON licensing deal is all out of whack so no smaller creative studios can get involved (yet). It’s definitely something that needs addressing.

There certainly won’t be anything for B25 - but perhaps with the next incarnation they’ll dive in again.

if we’re getting a flashback I’d rather it be of bond and something that happens to him or tie into why he became a 00. I think the Madeline story is going to turn some off.
  • RC7RC7
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    if we’re getting a flashback I’d rather it be of bond and something that happens to him or tie into why he became a 00. I think the Madeline story is going to turn some off.

It’s early days. Have some faith, I’d say. And keep an open mind.

I’m not sure if you are being ironic or not. If you are serious: no, Bond snapshots I have already seen hundreds of time do not make me excited.
  • RC7RC7

I’m not sure if you are being ironic or not. If you are serious: no, Bond snapshots I have already seen hundreds of time do not make me excited.

He’s being sarcastic.
    How spoilery is this sequence?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I think the working title could tie into this sequence
    The girl clearly falls through the ice. then the phantom shoots at the ice and grabs after her. Maybe his head from her point of view eclipses the Sun, and that is shot by the underwater camera? Then again, maybe not, but that is what I would have gone for.
  • RC7RC7
    I think the working title could tie into this sequence
    The girl clearly falls through the ice. then the phantom shoots at the ice and grabs after her. Maybe his head from her point of view eclipses the Sun, and that is shot by the underwater camera? Then again, maybe not, but that is what I would have gone for.

Perceptive.
  • 007Blofeld wrote: »

It shows recording of what will end up in the final film (most likely). Avoid if you don't want to see anything.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,541

It shows recording of what will end up in the final film (most likely). Avoid if you don't want to see anything.

But not exactly the way we saw it... Final editing would be a lot different and better than what we saw in that clip, not to mention the cinematography & score involved in it.

Im not sure how you class a big spolier, its certainly not Judi Dench dying. I dont feel spoiled by anything, but whats one mans spoiler might just be another mans photo of something quite harmless.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,281
    Norwegian media is also covering the recent footage for B25. Some of the images in the article are in a bit larger size than than those posted earlier today (at least the images I looked at).

https://www.vg.no/rampelys/i/BRxvG0/her-er-bildene-fra-james-bond-innspillingen
    Definitely looks like one of those Japanese masks:
    358ed850-550e-4fde-8e54-1f15c95607b4?fit=crop&h=1187&w=1300&s=3bbb47592ae61e803779bf65ce7d8e8c2e4d40d8
    AN IDEA: once filming has officially started, this thread should be closed and several Bond 25 threads should be allowed to be opened, one for each major topic. When they were making Skyfall, we had several threads related to the making of that film (1 for the score, 1 for Ralph Fiennes, 1 for Roger Deakins - just to name three of the many threads with great discussions).

I believe what had lead to this thread being so chaotic, heated and often unpleasant is that this is the only major thread we had for discussing Bond 25. Closing this thread (and with that leaving the past behind) and allowing the discussion to be organically split into several threads would I believe lead to more pleasant and constructive discussions.
  • 007Blofeld wrote: »

But not exactly the way we saw it... Final editing would be a lot different and better than what we saw in that clip, not to mention the cinematography & score involved in it.

tenor.gif?itemid=10762279
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    edited March 2019 Posts: 7,570
    AN IDEA: once filming has officially started, this thread should be closed and several Bond 25 threads should be allowed to be opened, one for each major topic. When they were making Skyfall, we had several threads related to the making of that film (1 for the score, 1 for Ralph Fiennes, 1 for Roger Deakins - just to name three of the many threads with great discussions).

I believe what had lead to this thread being so chaotic, heated and often unpleasant is that this is the only major thread we had for discussing Bond 25. Closing this thread (and with that leaving the past behind) and allowing the discussion to be organically split into several threads would I believe lead to more pleasant and constructive discussions.

The reason this is the only thread is because its the Production thread, designed to discuss the actual production.
    Other threads exist but they are all speculation threads eg Bond 25 title.
    When all the pieces are in place other threads will naturally follow, but the Production thread will not be closed during the actual production. That would be ridiculous.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,619
    @NicNac Understood, but what my worry is that mods will not allow other Bond 25 production related threads to be opened as long as this one is open. So when the presser is finally held, it will be discussed here instead of a separate thread. When the composer is announced, it will be discussed here instead of a separate thread. When the trailers are released they will be discussed here instead of a separate thread. Etc. Etc.

When they were making Skyfall we did not have one monster of a thread for production like this one is, did we?
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    No, I agree, we will probably have sub threads, I don't see why not.

I'm sure the trailer will get a separate thread, and the composer as well. Trouble is we can't discuss B25 score until the film is released, so by that time the Production thread will be as good as finished anyway.

Im not sure how you class a big spolier, its certainly not Judi Dench dying. I dont feel spoiled by anything, but whats one mans spoiler might just be another mans photo of something quite harmless.

@acidie major plot reveal or character
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,496
    The whole notion of the masked man chasing the girl doesn't really sit right with me.

If he were really chasing her, frozen lake or not, she'd be running full pelt to get away. And if the masked man really wanted to catch/stop her, he would shoot the ice to cut her off, not limp along after her.

Instead, she gets into trouble on the breaking ice and falls in. The masked man then shoots the ice futher down stream, and reaches down to pull her out.

Could it be that they are both trying to get away from the cabin and/or whoever is still inside it.

The masked man is actually someone else (Mr. White?) posing as a henchmen, they flee, then the cabin and whoever is left inside goes boom, the real masked man presumed dead.

What's perhaps more interesting than the set photo's is the source, Splash News. Why were they allowed to close to set? And no other media outlets?