No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @DarthDimi Well it seems when they were making Spectre they weren’t as enthusiastic about making a good movie as they are now.

Be fair now. I consider SP an excellent Bond film (one that has fallen victim to a lot of hatred now but will no doubt grow a stronger fan base in the future.) Your statement is purely subjective.

Also, one could argue--again though, through only subjective comments--that with TND, TWINE and DAD they weren't exactly enthusiastic about making good movies either, yet CR, to many a much better Bond film, wasn't their swansong as filmmakers.

I fail to follow your logic. Here are two filmmakers, really looking forward to delivering a great film. According to you, that's because they are about to sell the franchise. Wait, what?

Spectre is the worst of the Craigs (so far but I just know that It'snotshatterhand will be so much better), but it's far from "DA WORST MOVIE EVAH". Or even the worst of the Bondmovies.

Unless you consider DAD to be on par with FRWL.
    Spectre is not that bad though to be fair I haven’t watched it since 2016 but from memory the plane vs car chase was good the more white and bond conversation was good the opening shot was good

That is about it from memory
    The opening was indeed good.

You could just "see" that Mendes wasn't into it (the focus) and Waltz completely screwed up Blofeld. The "brah you gotsa a brother" arc was not interesting at all.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Hold up.. Let me put on my Mod pants.

There's a thread for that
    Yeah sorry.

But I was away for so long. S

Skewered. One sympathizes.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Spectre is not that bad though to be fair I haven’t watched it since 2016 but from memory the plane vs car chase was good the more white and bond conversation was good the opening shot was good

That is about it from memory

The train fight is the highlight for me.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

Mod pants are great aren't they? A picture of Benny on the front eating a cheese cannoli? Fabulous.
    :D
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Every time a new 007 movie comes out a man can just hope is going to be the best ever. Hard to achieve but that’s the hope. Having said that if 25 turns out to be just as good as SP I would be definitely happy. Yes I prefer SP over SF. The only thing I really want from 25 is to feel different from the last two. No more retro vibes, no more themes about aging or the value of tradition, etc etc.
    matt_u wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Why are we obsessing over these things in the production thread for B25?
    Why were the release date and the start of filming delayed (I am referring to the more recent delay) when under similar circumstances (last minute script issues) there was no delay when they were making Spectre?

Because Fukunaga just came onboard. With Mendes they already spent more than a year prepping the movie. With Fukunaga just a few months.

So the circumstances are not quite similar.
    That’s why the start of filming was delayed from December to the 4th of March. But what is the explanation for the second delay? I believe it’s that EON knew the script needed more work AND they care more now than usual because they want to go out with a bang.

Good to see that some things didn't change during my absence.
    NicNac wrote: »

Mod pants are great aren't they? A picture of Benny on the front eating a cheese cannoli? Fabulous.

Kinky.....
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    You all will be surprised when you'll type:

https://www.universalpictures.com/movies/007

The first official pictures!!! :o :o :o
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Black Bond arrived sooner than i thought he would...
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Not funny...
    It's just Bond in disguise. They are actually remaking DAD with a touch of Black Panther & Avengers.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Oh God. I hated that film. :))
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited March 2019 Posts: 8,037
    [Double Post]
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

Well played sir. Hopefully we'll know more by next week.

Just a side note, I hope they save the over the top humour for the advert they shot in 2017. I thought the one they did for Spectre was great
    The German friends are smart.

http://www.eclipse-movie.com/

I'm only getting 'Ride Along 2'...am I missing something ?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,541
    barryt007 wrote: »

Same here... What's going on?
    It's a joke. There's nothing there.
    That's the point. Why on earth Universal Pictures has it's dedicated 007 site, redirected to this 2016 movie? Doesn't make any sense.
    Aah I see your point...looks like they have just created the link for the future and,having to put content in there,they have filled it up with that for now.
    So….to recap:

Filming may or may not have commenced in Norway.

Nonetheless, principal filming begins at the end of next week and we still have a number of casting positions left open. According to Variety, there are 4 new roles in the film:

1.) The Villain: Rami Malek
    2.) CIA Agent: Billy Magnussen
    3.) MI6 Agent: ????
    4.) Female Role: ???? (Lupita Nyong’o turned down)

Filming is set to commence next week, so we should be getting official confirmation any day now about those two female supporting roles….
    Is there confirmation that principal filming begins next week? I don't recall seeing/hearing that.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,400
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Is there confirmation that principal filming begins next week? I don't recall seeing/hearing that.

April 5th is the start date at Pinewood Studios.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,756
    barryt007 wrote: »

What? You're not getting official Bond 25 screenshots? Just try refreshing the address a few more times, you might need to restart your computer.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

April 5th is the start date at Pinewood Studios.

If this is true, then the press conference HAS to be right around the corner.