No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,756
    I can't see a press conference happening anytime soon, late April would be my guess. At least until they have the full cast confirmed.

They are filming soon, and we have no clue of what the casting status is. They could have a full cast in place for all we know now.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Please come through tonight, Baz.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    I can't see a press conference happening anytime soon, late April would be my guess. At least until they have the full cast confirmed.

They are filming soon, and we have no clue of what the casting status is. They could have a full cast in place for all we know now.

Either they have the Bond girl roles left to cast, they are in final negotiations, or they are in and we know nothing about it. As far as I can remember, Olga Kurylenko's casting leaked one or two days before the QOS press conference. And I heard of Berenice Marlohe right on the announcement day, I don't remember her even being rumoured (probably because she wasn't that famous).
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    edited March 2019 Posts: 308
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Anyone else feel B25 has a lot maybe too many chracters?

You’re acting like we know the cast.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    I hope they keep everything behind locked doors for another three or four months. Just as a social experiment. ;)
    At least holding back information that's owed to us would confirm that Barbara needs to go.

What information are we "owed"?

Why would Barbara Broccoli, producer of such films as GE and CR, have to go if we're left in the dark about B25 for another few weeks or so?
    Most of the Bond films she’s produced have not been of that quality.

Scott Z Burns leaves Bond 25; script still unfinished; will film make start date?
    https://theplaylist.net/ralph-fiennes-hasnt-seen-bond-25-script-20190321/

From the same reporter who announced Burns’s invovlement.

Not looking positive....
  • Shiza, just get Craig to finish the script. :(
    Scott Z Burns leaves Bond 25; script still unfinished; will film make start date?

Not looking positive....
    Thanks for sharing. Initial thought - “YIKES!”

More rational response - “Have faith. They’ll pull it together. They always do.”
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    [

Here's a photo of Fukunaga and his dog

D2-Hes1-LVAAAgb-ZV.jpg

;)
    Why would Barbara Broccoli, producer of such films as GE and CR, have to go if we're left in the dark about B25 for another few weeks or so?
    Most of the Bond films she’s produced have not been of that quality.

Indeed.

I've just seen Boyle's comments from the 18th and perhaps that are very abbreviated but fair enough.... I still believe she made a huge error hiring him because it just isn't going to be the right fit for a Bond production. They are made by committee.
    Naive not to expect any push back from him.

Similar situations frequently occurred with DePalma, I discovered from his documentary I watched recently. He was very loyal with his writers but when it came to Mission Impossible, he did decide to climb down on that one. It sounded like an exhausting production.

Still, its a shame. I would have been well up for Boyle's B25.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France

Not looking positive....

Not much information in the actual article. If you read it well, it's all speculation based on info from previous sources, chiefly a BBC interview for Ralph Fiennes (who could actually lie or just isn't in the loop because his part isn't that large) and the fact that Burns was supposed to work on the script for four weeks and that the four weeks are now over. The writer assumes that Fiennes hasn't read the script because even after the four weeks of Burns "overhauling" the script (as Perez originally wrote) it's not finalized.

• kg54mvpkg54mvp USA
    Did you all ready the article? It says he handed in his version, then left to go do another project.

Not looking positive....

Unf***ing real.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 1,395
    The important bit at the end of the article.
    So where does this leave ‘Bond 25?’
    More soon, but the latest I’ve heard is Scott Z. Burns handed in his draft and but then had to leave to direct an episode of “The Loudest Voice,” the Roger Aisles mini-series starring Russell Crowe as the former Fox mogul. What’s next for the spy film? I’m told there’s more work to be done still, but Burns is booked and had a tight deadline to begin with.

“Bond 25” is racing closer to its start date and yet, the screenplay seems to be a work in progress, and isn’t complete yet enough for producers to circulate it to the cast, despite being just weeks away from filming. “Bond 25” is set to open April 8, 2020, presuming the movies shoots on time, that is.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    TR007 wrote: »
    More rational response - “Have faith. They’ll pull it together. They always do.”
    kg54mvp wrote: »
    Did you all ready the article? It says he handed in his version, then left to go do another project.
    Exactly. No reason to stress. Plus, it's bad for your health.
    QBranch wrote: »
    TR007 wrote: »
    kg54mvp wrote: »
    Exactly. No reason to stress. Plus, it's bad for your health.

He handed in a “draft.” Meaning the script is STILL incomplete. Get ready for another delay, folks.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    You guys must be a thrill at parties.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    We don't know what the actual status is. It's all hearsay until EON speak. So why not choose to think positive in the meantime?
    Hard to think positive regarding this movie when almost every trinket of news has been negative. Everytime a new story breaks it has to do with either delays, unfinished scripts, or directors leaving the production. It’s been an utter shit show. Very difficult to remain positive at this stage in the game.
    If Scott Z Burns handed over a draft, and felt comfortable doing so, I say that draft is good, good enough to have his name linked to it, anyway. So, in my book, him having finished a draft and leaving is a good thing.

Now for some Baz intel, please.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    How is Burns handing in a draft a negative development?
    This is getting comical. I truly bet there's not a complete finished script to read.
    jake24 wrote: »

Because it’s just that... A draft. How could you be this close to filming and just turn in a draft? To me that’s negative because it means we’re most likely facing more delays.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Yes, nothing untoward there, especially regarding Fiennes. I'm glad Burns managed to complete a draft even with the tight deadline.
  • jake24 wrote: »

According to this report, the script is not complete. And he can't come back to finish the draft, due to his next project. I suppose Fukunaga could now put the final touches on it. Also stated there will be "more news soon"

Hopefully good news.

It's certainly a negative development if you're the kind of person who has already decided the film is doomed.

It's certainly a negative development if you're the kind of person who has already decided the film is doomed.

;) exactly
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I sense a great disturbance in the force. I feel Panchito will be here any moment guns blazing

Ah. Don't know if I'm quite there yet,

Ah. Don't know if I'm quite there yet,

Nor am I, thankfully. I am a positive person and most people usually enjoy my company. ;)
    So Burns probably won’t have much more time, if any, to help. Hopefully he left the script in better shape than he found it. That newest article about him “leaving” doesn’t leave me particularly positive or negative. There’s not really much to go on other than Burns turned in a draft (who knows if good or bad?) and now he’s busy with other stuff. I’m not the least surprised the script isn’t “finished,” and most likely they’ll begin filming anyway like what they did for QOS.