No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

jake24 wrote: »
    Title rumours don t need spoiler tags, do they?
    I wouldn't say so, unless it's a credible source. Not sure what this is, to be honest.

Hopefully a load of bull it just... its not bad its just odd
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I wouldn't say so, unless it's a credible source. Not sure what this is, to be honest.

They were the first reporting Matera being a location like a month and an half ago. Still, this title sounds like fan fiction to me.
    The Mother Spy..........not so sure,

Maybe it's actually

THE MOTHER OF ALL SPIES
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    The article mentions Bond meeting his successor in a church, to whom Bond will pass the torch. That pretty much confirms they know nothing. There's no way EON are canonizing the code name theory.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    matt_u wrote: »

They were the first reporting Matera being a location like a month and an half ago. Still, this title sounds like fan fiction to me.
    Also seems a bit strange that...
    ...they talk about how important Matera's gonna be, and then say that the title is gonna basically be 'The Matera Spy' minus one letter?? Bit of a reach if you ask me. They might as well have said it's gonna be called the 'The Norwa Spy'
    A lot of crazy insights from this article. I will translate for you all.
    - Locations features a lot of places in Matera.
    Palazzo Lanfranchi
    Il_palazzo_Lanfranchi_a_Matera.JPG
    Piazza Duomo
    piazza.jpg

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Denbigh wrote: »

Also seems a bit strange that...
    ...they talk about how important Matera's gonna be, and then say that the title is gonna basically be 'The Matera Spy' minus one letter?? Bit of a reach if you ask me. They might as well have said it's gonna be called the 'The Norwa Spy'

Yeah, I had the same thought.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Maybe it's actually

THE MOTHER OF ALL SPIES

Or maybe The Mutha Spy .

• IMHO "The Master Spy" sounds way better than the "Mater spy"

edited March 2019 Posts: 4,343

Maybe it's actually

THE MOTHER OF ALL SPIES

Just a really silly question but I’m curious... You UK gentlemen are used to call Matera “Mater” or simply “Matera”? Like “Milan” instead of “Milano”?

The Mater Spy sounds so weird.

Maybe it's actually

THE MOTHER OF ALL SPIES

Or maybe The Mutha Spy .

Even better.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Maybe it's actually

THE MOTHER OF ALL SPIES

Just a really silly question but I’m curious... You UK gentlemen are used to call Matera “Mater” or simply “Matera”? Like in Italian “Milan” instead of “Milano”?

The Mater Spy sounds so weird.

Maybe that s what they will call it in Italy.

Perhaps they misheard, and it s WASSAMATTER, SPY?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    It’s just me or this Matera city resembles that Spain city Cardona, where DC was spotted last year?

Daniel-Craig_Cardona_290518-2.jpg

Daniel-Craig_Cardona_290518-5.jpg
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    It’s just me or this Matera city resembles that Spain city Cardona, where DC was spotted last year?

Daniel-Craig_Cardona_290518-2.jpg

Daniel-Craig_Cardona_290518-5.jpg

Yes, a lot of Romanesque architecture in both of these.
    Master spy isnt bad as a title but it sounds like something a parody would use
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2019 Posts: 10,588
    From the article:
    Among the scenes of the script are various pursuits in luxury cars between the roofs of houses in the Sassi of Matera, meetings in rock churches where Bond will meet his successor of the next series, a sort of handover and investiture that thanks to his role of secret agent in the service of the queen will have to avoid a world conflict thanks to Matera considered the navel of the world in the middle of the Mediterranean and a final deserved relaxation with his Bond girl in the most glamorous and wild beach of Marina di Pisticci in sips of Martini Vesper.

How is this logistically possible?
    Walecs wrote: »
    The article mentions Bond meeting his successor in a church, to whom Bond will pass the torch. That pretty much confirms they know nothing. There's no way EON are canonizing the code name theory.
    What? Bond passing the torch at the end of the film to the next 007 NOT called James Bond would in no way, shape or form canonize the code name theory. Code name theory = James Bond is just a code name and all Bonds are different people actually.
    Walecs wrote: »
    What? Bond passing the torch at the end of the film to the next 007 NOT called James Bond would in no way, shape or form canonize the code name theory. Code name theory = James Bond is just a code name and all Bonds are different people actually.

what do you think of the title?
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,343
    From the article:
    Among the scenes of the script are various pursuits in luxury cars between the roofs of houses in the Sassi of Matera, meetings in rock churches where Bond will meet his successor of the next series, a sort of handover and investiture that thanks to his role of secret agent in the service of the queen will have to avoid a world conflict thanks to Matera considered the navel of the world in the middle of the Mediterranean and a final deserved relaxation with his Bond girl in the most glamorous and wild beach of Marina di Pisticci in sips of Martini Vesper.

Simply impossible. I think they intended both car chase + foot chase.

BTW @marketto007 Matera doubling for Cardona doesn’t make any sense.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Skimming thru here quickly: So ... Italy confirmed, Norway previously confirmed, and now Jamaica definitely confirmed? Yay!

Also: does the Italian article go into the STORY of what is being filmed? I don't mind reading locations but if there is any mention of plot, what action will happen, please tell me now. I am not entering spoiler tags maybe from today on ... ;)

Also, if written in a newspaper or magazine, I think any plot ideas or story line mentioned could easily be incorrect.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Skimming thru here quickly: So ... Italy confirmed, Norway previously confirmed, and now Jamaica definitely confirmed? Yay!

Also: does the Italian article go into the STORY of what is being filmed? I don't mind reading locations but if there is any mention of plot, what action will happen, please tell me now. I am not entering spoiler tags maybe from today on ... ;)

Also, if written in a newspaper or magazine, I think any plot ideas or story line mentioned could easily be incorrect.
    Yes, it does mention a few story points. Don't know how accurate they are, though.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Yes, it does mention a few story points. Don't know how accurate they are, though.
    Sounds a lot like guess work to me.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    OK thanks. So I appreciate people using spoiler tags. I'll avoid those articles, too.

Sounds a lot like guess work to me.
    Me too.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    OK thanks. So I appreciate people using spoiler tags. I'll avoid those articles, too.

Smart and right approach.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    From the article:

Pure fan-fiction.
    From the article:

Pure fan-fiction.

I think a bunch of material is possibly right but I honestly

Don't think the title is right at ALL the more I think about it the less it makes sense and is bad like really bad....
    From the article:

Pure fan-fiction.

Well a
    foot chase like QoS in Matera is highly likely.
    QQ7 wrote: »
    Must say that I absolute despise that title, every title with "spy" in it seems super cheep to me.
    It sounds like an episode of 'The Man from U.N.C.L.E' which is exactly what I wanted to avoid.
    They're just setting up for Henry Cavill as Bond 7
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,533
    If this is true, I think the PTS will consist of the scene in Norway that introduces a main character/sets up the plot and then an action sequence in Italy involving Bond and Madeleine. Sort of like TSWLM.