The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Found this cool photo of Brossy wearing Brioni - Goldeneye era:

Bqk7jx8CIAEdT0X.jpg
    Now this is James Bond! Brosnan looks great here. Brings back memories.

I've always really liked the flight arrival shots they tend to do with Bond actors in their first film out and look forward to seeing this sort of sequence again.
    Well, he really does look rather good there. Although Bond would never wear a 3 piece suit and that tie. But apart from that, that's rather perfect. That's my Bond, the one I grew up with and made me the fan I am. Love Brosnan. That's actually something I would wear.

This new film of his does look like it could be something interesting and fun.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Univex, he wears three-piece suits several times throughout the series.

I know ;) Just not in the books. He preferes single breasted suits with no vests, doesn't he? I, for one, love 3 piece suits. I wear them every single day, except on weekends, of course.

Connery had that fabulous 3 piece suit in GF, wouldn't trade that one for nothing :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Univex wrote: »
    @Univex, he wears three-piece suits several times throughout the series.

I know ;) Just not in the books. He preferes single breasted suits with no vests, doesn't he? I, for one, love 3 piece suits. I wear them every single day, except on weekends, of course.

Connery had that fabulous 3 piece suit in GF, wouldn't trade that one for nothing :)

Beat me to the punch! I saw what you were getting at after I posted it and then deleted (or tried to) the comment. But yes, I think you're right with the novels. Craig is also looking insanely sharp in that three piece in the closing scene with Mr. White in CR.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    And Bond likes solid color ties, knitted? Or am I mis-reading my own tastes?

The pattern-tie? Certainly not to my taste. To anyone who does like patterns on their tie-- I am definitely old school here: I like one color.

But three piece suit is certainly sexy.
    I suppose it's all a matter of taste; I'm no fashion expert myself, but as good as Brosnan looks up above, you're right, the tie definitely doesn't go with the rest of the outfit - to me, anyway.
    Craig is also looking insanely sharp in that three piece in the closing scene with Mr. White in CR.

He certainly does. Much better than that weird black thing he had in Rome for the funeral.
    I suppose it's all a matter of taste; I'm no fashion expert myself, but as good as Brosnan looks up above, you're right, the tie definitely doesn't go with the rest of the outfit - to me, anyway.

And that three button suit is well dated by now. As tall as Pierce is, that doesn't suit him. Two buttons is the way to go, always.
    peter wrote: »
    And Bond likes solid color ties, knitted? Or am I mis-reading my own tastes?

Your tastes mirror my own, my friend. And yes, he did prefer a black knitted or grenadine tie.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Imagine if we can get "Never Say Never Again" style film with Brosnan. Of corse with less action but with a ton of his sway and charm.

Brosnan has gotten stronger as an actor as he's aged -- his recent performance in THE FOREIGNER was excellent. I don't see his age (65) as a problem with Bond, considering that Stallone is still doing action movies in his 70s.

Bring it on, I say. I'm tired of Craig anyway.

• mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Lol, that's awesome.
    That's just....awesome. Pierce is awesome.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    My friends keep sending me that and I have been absolutely dying over it all day.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    tOjAVfy.jpg
    QQ7 wrote: »
    tOjAVfy.jpg

If this was happening, this would be me right now :-D

giphy.gif
    tOjAVfy.jpg

giphy.gif

Me too. The one bit I don't like in that poster is the tagline "...one last time". And that's because I'd want more.
    tOjAVfy.jpg

giphy.gif

Me too. The one bit I don't like in that poster is the tagline "...one last time". And that's because I'd want more.

Agree! Change it to "He is returning" or similar, @QQ7, and this would be a perfect poster :-)
    "The King Has Returned."
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    RNGOdN1.jpg

And yes, I mean THE James Bond :)
    Perfect! Now do a Dalton one! ;)
    Brosnan returning for one more round? Yeah, I'll take all the tickets to every showtime to that, please.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Perfect! Now do a Dalton one! ;)

Thanks, this songs kinda goes well with that image I think:

I'm in a puddle on the floor
    Waiting for you to return
    Oh what a thrill
    Fascinations galore
    How you tease
    How you leave me to burn

It's so deadly my dear
    edited March 2019 Posts: 6,722
    Inspired by QQ7's work!

(And title suggested by the "The name's 25. Bond 25." thread.)

cbwOy7I.jpg
    Brilliant, that title and poster are brilliant. Thanks for that, @mattjoes!
    Brosnan returning for one more round? Yeah, I'll take all the tickets to every showtime to that, please.

I think I’d end up seeing it five or six times, easily. Would be my movie of the decade.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited March 2019 Posts: 15,423
    Looks like I’m inspired to work on a fan art, myself!

With Brosnan it’s either Serpentine or Steadfast Oblique.
    Brilliant, that title and poster are brilliant. Thanks for that, @mattjoes!
    You're welcome, @Univex.

Looks like I’m inspired to work on a fan art, myself!

With Brosnan it’s either Serpentine or Steadfast Oblique.
    Yes, join in on the fun, @ClarkDevlin!
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Inspired by QQ7's work!

(And title suggested by the "The name's 25. Bond 25." thread.)

cbwOy7I.jpg

That is fantastic!
    The Incredible Suit's take on Pierce Brosnan's I Asked For A Coffee And I Got Myself !
    or
    How to milk a thousand words out of a video that's eight seconds long

http://theincrediblesuit.blogspot.com/2019/03/pierce-brosnan-face-coffee-instagram.html