"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

matt_u wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Disgusting attitude from Sarri ,totally ignoring Pep and walking down the tunnel, what a w*****r .
    You lost to a brilliant team and your tactics are crap,so live with it.

Also I love Aguero - class.

Sarri has always been like this. In Naples he did even worse. A disgusting, arrogant, sexist s**t man.

I didn’t know that Matt ,so he has a history of behaving like this ?! Pep said he didn’t see him but I don’t believe it,he couldn’t have missed Pep....no respect.

Yes he has. It’s not the first time. Sarri always been extremely arrogant... while Pep is a gentleman, he just don’t want to add more fuel to the talk while Sarri has always been a man complaining about everything. It’s never his fault. Typically Italian (and I’m Italian).

As a Juventus supporter, I really can’t stand him.

Interesting x he just said to Sky that he will talk to the Chelsea management this week.
    Jamie Carragher about Chelsea: "Looking at Sarri… okay, he’s only been there half a season. But the worst thing I can say is he’s turned Chelsea into Arsenal."

Still think Chelsea will finish above Arsenal; the problems Arsenal have are far worse than Chelsea's, IMO.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Juventus dominance in Serie A is becoming embarrassing. We moved 11 points clear of second-placed Napoli and 20 points clear of third- placed Inter... I'm speaking from a comfortable perspective as a Juve fan, but Serie A is just boring. This is goin to be the 8th championship title in a row for Juve. CR7 top scorer with 18 goals.
    Jamie Carragher about Chelsea: "Looking at Sarri… okay, he’s only been there half a season. But the worst thing I can say is he’s turned Chelsea into Arsenal."

Still think Chelsea will finish above Arsenal; the problems Arsenal have are far worse than Chelsea's, IMO.

The difference is we are rebuilding,Chelski are not.

The difference is we are rebuilding,Chelski are not.

Definitely. Although, Abramovich might want to put some money on the table for the next transfer window.

We know Kroenke won't…
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,272

Here's the handshake situation from the game.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Missed the end of the City v Chelsea game as fell asleep, Chelsea deteriorating is most welcome.
    Juventus dominance in Serie A is becoming embarrassing. We moved 11 points clear of second-placed Napoli and 20 points clear of third- placed Inter... I'm speaking from a comfortable perspective as a Juve fan, but Serie A is just boring. This is goin to be the 8th championship title in a row for Juve. CR7 top scorer with 18 goals.

The financial state of Italian football is troubling. Juventus is the only team that can compare with the best in Europe in terms of budget.
    NOTE TO ARSENAL : buy Norwich’s captain ZIMMERMAN at all costs and immediately make him csptain

Don't lets fall out Barry007!!! Lol!
    Apparently the top 6 prem clubs are watching Max Aarons on 19 year old academy player. This is what annoys me massively. They have bags of money to invest in their own academies yet choose to buy from other clubs denting their chances of promotion. Hopefully will will get promoted and keep this young squad together for at least one premier league season as they will be guaranteed first team football.

Farke has been a revelation for the team and Stuart Webber has been outstanding behind the scenes in recruitment along with Farke's knowledge of the German football scene and beyond. Pukki with 20 goals now on a free is just outstanding. OTBC!!!!!
    Bugger !!!

Gordon Banks is dead !!
    Bugger !!!

Gordon Banks is dead !!

From when footballers were decent guys. His reputation was built on not having to make spectacular saves because of his awareness and positioning, yet will always be remembered for that save.
    Gordon Banks was a proper gent and a true footballing role model. RIP.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Gordon Banks one of the greatest, a true English football legend. R. I. P.

I could listen to Arsène talking football all day. I miss him at Arsenal.
    Nothing about PSG versus Man United?- The French gave football lessons.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 23,271
    Eric Harrison: Former Manchester United youth coach and Class of '92 mentor dies aged 81

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/47234352

R. I. P. Eric Harrison
    Gutted by the loss to Preston but they are a good team. Hopefully a win at Bolton is on the cards tomorrow.
    Well? If you are serious about promotion? Norwich went the right way about it after our loss to Preston. Also a bonus that we established a decent goal difference as well today. About to watch the highlights on quest. Love Saturday nights like these! Lol!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Well? If you are serious about promotion? Norwich went the right way about it after our loss to Preston. Also a bonus that we established a decent goal difference as well today. About to watch the highlights on quest. Love Saturday nights like these! Lol!

Nice! May the games ahead swing in Norwich's favour!

Me too, Next weekend West Brom play Sheffield Utd and then Leeds Utd. Hopefully we can take advantage of this by putting another positive run together.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,272

Me too, Next weekend West Brom play Sheffield Utd and then Leeds Utd. Hopefully we can take advantage of this by putting another positive run together.

That's certainly an advantage for Norwich!
  • IGotTheMessageIGotTheMessage United States
    edited February 2019 Posts: 194

West Brom's setup caused Leeds quite a bit of trouble when they last played one another in November. West Brom lean more towards the execution side than to the game plan side in terms of what they do. This West Brom team typically plays a 4-3-3 system with a variety of variations on it. The general themes are very similar week to week. West Brom played very differently against Leeds, playing a 4-2-2-2 system, conceding the advantage in possession to Leeds, playing a heavy counterattack game, emphasizing passing back into the lanes for shots and in order to set up set pieces. Leeds had a hard time dealing with it, to be honest. They will be much better prepared when they meet in a few weeks, I think.

West Brom's setup caused Leeds quite a bit of trouble when they last played one another in November. West Brom lean more towards the execution side than to the game plan side in terms of what they do. This West Brom team typically plays a 4-3-3 system with a variety of variations on it. The general themes are very similar week to week. West Brom played very differently against Leeds, playing a 4-2-2-2 system, conceding the advantage in possession to Leeds, playing a heavy counterattack game, emphasizing passing back into the lanes for shots and in order to set up set pieces. Leeds had a hard time dealing with it, to be honest. They will be much better prepared when they meet in a few weeks, I think.

Maybe Moore will change tactics? I will certainly be rooting for your boys that day! Lol!
  • IGotTheMessageIGotTheMessage United States

Maybe Moore will change tactics? I will certainly be rooting for your boys that day! Lol!

I think that he will definitely modify the plan. My point was simply that I don't think that Leeds will be caught as unprepared this time around.

There are two games in the Championship to go before that game, though. West Brom play QPR tomorrow, followed by Sheffield United over the weekend, as you noted.
    Chelsea 0 - 2 Man United good performance by United against one of our bogey sides. United steadily improving great to see
    Wonder if Sari will still be in a job this weekend?
    Wonder if Sari will still be in a job this weekend?

I noticed John Terry in the stands, it crossed my mind as to whether JT will do a Ole and come in as a interim boss. Though I have no idea what JT's coaching qualifications are.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 19,339
    What the hell was Sarri’s tactics ?!

Didn’t bring on Giroud, took off Pedro and Aspilcueta , ,wouldn’t change the formation and brought a defender on as well as the shit Barclay !!

He needs to go x Jorginho was woeful again , the team is shot to shit x a great chance for Arsenal to get past them.

Didn’t bring on Giroud, took off Pedro and Aspilcueta , ,wouldn’t change the formation and brought a defender on as well as the shit Barclay !!

He needs to go x Jorginho was woeful again , the team is shot to shit x a great chance for Arsenal to get past them.

Sarri's stubbornness is comparable to Jose's, I think putting Kante where Jorginho is will improve things immediately

giphy.gif