No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Wow! I've got a lot of catching up to do :D
    If bond 25 is the Hildebrand Rarity I am so happy that I will be dancing
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Of course the title remains to be confirmed, but it would be epic for me.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    edited February 2019 Posts: 467
    "A script nobody is happy with." is truly concerning. But stunts are still being done.

Rodrigo Perez actually writes, "A script nobody is entirely happy with." It could be a diplomatic term to imply that the current script is crap. Or it could be that they have a script that results from a myriad sources and influences. Or the generic Purvis and Wade material that lacks some brain and heart. Or anything.

It's likely that development for the big action scenes is quite advanced, as they need storyboarding, rehearsals, scooting for locations, securing contracts with the local authorities, etc. At this point, they may be able to change a few lines here and there, but they can't improvise. The plot (structure or story) and the dialogue are the things that can be changed or fixed.

If Broccoli and Wilson assume that by hiring Scott Burns and delaying the production by a month, they can get a better reviewed film with more box office legs on a more favorable release date, if they hope, let's say, to make $100m more by spending $20m more, that makes business sense, it's not necessarily desperation over a script nobody is happy with.
    After all these years, Purvis and Wade’s dialogue skills still haven’t improved much. :)
  • Unpopular opinion: they should finally make “everything or nothing” the title of the film to finish the Craig era.
    Damn, EON really mucked it up firing Boyle. I have to say I'm pretty upset, Hodge created a decent script (according to some in the know). It's kind of hilarious that EON would hire a director they knew needed creative freedom and fired him because he wasnt able to compromise. If this information is wrong, please correct me, but this seems to be the case. Then they hired back P&W... it just makes me shake my head.

"A script nobody is happy with." is truly concerning. But stunts are still being done.

I reckon they are keeping the fight scenes, but modifying the story (what Peter said).

It’s always the same story. Bond is producer driven which is why it’s a franchise that will never have anything truly fresh. I look forward to a new Bond film but the excitement and passion I used to have went out the window a long time ago. My faith remains in the books.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Welcome to the team @HildebrandRarity, loving your insights
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2019 Posts: 10,588
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    FoxRox wrote: »

“He has been a box office smash raking in £3 billion per movie”

Something tells me this isn’t right
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    Thank you, all. It was a huge temptation to join this place over the years.
    jake24 wrote: »

None taken. I just looked up Bond 25, found this, and decided to share it and see the reactions :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    FYI, Burns is said to be spending four weeks on the screenplay, which could very well be an indicator of when principle photography is scheduled to begin. Early April is a safe bet at this point.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Rolling my eyes, remembering when every other year we got a new one.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 10,588
    =bg= wrote: »
    Rolling my eyes, remembering when every other year we got a new one.
    The amount of time it took for this film to get off the ground is highly unfortunate, but I remain incredibly hyped for B25.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    MooreFun wrote: »
    One does begin to wonder just what Eon has been doing with all this time. If we were on the old two year schedule, running into this would be a little more understandable. They’ve had more than three years to get a script right, and they still haven’t?

And I agree with the sentiment that a full rewrite in four weeks is unlikely, especially if they’re having to please Babs and Craig.

Well, for one, I think Eon's dance with Boyle slowed pre-production down...

Eon typically does hire someone to polish the final script. It was Butterworth for SF and SP, and Haggis before that, and Feirstein before that...
    I have a feeling Craig will look ancient in this one, looks like they are bringing his age back into play akin to Skyfall.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited February 2019 Posts: 8,501
    You’re reported a bunch of stuff after the fact and said “yep, that’s what I’ve heard”. But only after word has already gotten out. I mean anyone can do that.

Uh. No. Fact-check: the reasons behind Boyle's firing was reported via me through another one of our "connected" posters; all of this was verified weeks after our postings (actually, you should know all about this since this is the time you barraged me with PMs over and over; I have your harassing PMs from this time, @Pierce2Daniel. All of them. I gave you all the info I had, and when that wasn't good enough, you demanded MORE MORE MORE. And, feeling quite uncomfortable with your messages, I sent them to others since I felt you were "losing" it.

At this time, you EXPLODED and, on this site and on this thread, you accused me of being ColonelSun! WRONG! AGAIN! An accusation I know the mods told you was a falsehood and they asked you to back away).

And here you come again.

As you know, the reason behind Boyle's dismissal was reported here before the "news" verified it weeks after our postings; I stand by these reports.

Cadiz has been scouted as has Jamaica (reported by another source on this site, not related to me), Italy and Norway (I keep saying I didn't hear from Norway); I shared that I heard news about 2nd Unit (which I shared with other posters, not named @Pierce2Daniel, as did @ggl007); and we have been rewarded and verified with the stunt coordinators tweeting their pics of rehearsals.

There is an OFFICIAL PRODUCTION PAGE I go to about B25 production (and they changed the release dates immediately; as of this writing not the filming dates).

Your 0% is in your own head, P2D... And it's a reflection of your own projections....

So you have this strange vendetta to prove me wrong-- but all my posts here are dated, and my IMdBpro page is available for all to read. I've never hidden behind an avatar and a fake name. I get my info and and I shared (mistake!); who are you? Who do you get info from? You said Collider....

Unlike you, I have no reason to feel like a Big Boy with any info I get. i receive info and I shared it (for a time with you too, until you acted like a nut). I know production schedules change, but i reported what I had/have in the moment (which, when the dust settles, like with Boyle, and 2nd unit), everything I reported did come from a true source and will be reported upon sooner or later (like Boyle, second unit and locations).

I have no reason to bullshit @Pierce2Daniel -- I am a mod edit nobody writer with a few credits to his name (Christ, ask @Birdleson, our mod; he watched one of my films! I didn't want him to since I didn't want to be responsible for the loss of his braincells): i have some legit connections to real insiders to EoN. That's it. They tell me what they feel free to tell me in morsels and nuggets coz they know I am a nerd fan. Plus, we have really been trying to get Gregg to read something I have done which we think will be up his alley. That's all true, mod edit!

Like I said, and this will be the last time I say this to you, @Pierce2Daniel : pick a new hobby. Your trolling and gaslighting concerns me. Concerns my wife. Concerns my three kids (all teenagers), that have read your nutty attacks.

Stop.
    It.

As far as B25 is concerned, I have gone back to my original sources of info to see if the article posted today is concerning a "polish" or if it's something more (and that would concern me, lol!)

P
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    giphy.gif
  • peterpeter Toronto
    giphy.gif

(I'm no saint, that's for sure. But I've been found to tell the truth)
    Re. film starting date and the script status: could the PTS for example be the sequence they're rehearsing? That could be a separate element from the plot – as with most Bond films.

3/24 isn't quite most. And even in Goldfinger the destination post-credits is discussed.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Risico007 wrote: »
    If bond 25 is the Hildebrand Rarity I am so happy that I will be dancing

Same cheers @HildebrandRarity @Risico007
    Thank you, all. It was a huge temptation to join this place over the years.

@HildebrandRarity welcome aboard
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion: they should finally make “everything or nothing” the title of the film to finish the Craig era.

@Ottofuse8 that be epic
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Why didn’t they start writing the script in Jan 2016, so they could start production when hey were 100% on the script. As opposed to entering production and then scrambling for a script. I just don’t understand. It seems like for the two years following spectres release they actually just did nothing. Like 0. I don’t understqnd why they can’t do nothing in that time , but also just have someone writing a script on their own.
    Why didn’t they start writing the script in Jan 2016, so they could start production when hey were 100% on the script. As opposed to entering production and then scrambling for a script. I just don’t understand. It seems like for the two years following spectres release they actually just did nothing. Like 0. I don’t understqnd why they can’t do nothing in that time , but also just have someone writing a script on their own.

That 2016 year was a waste they sat around and did nothing both MGM and EON
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    My question is why though. They arnt amateurs. So why?

Your guess is as good as mine unfortunately maybe Spectre was too exhausting I don't know?
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Your guess is as good as mine unfortunately maybe Spectre was too exhausting I don't know?
    They were giving craig time off and didn't get an answer from him until the spring of 2017. Purvis and wade submitted a draft in march of 2017 which I presume was outlined in 2016