No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Does anyone know if The Man who would be Bond filmed in GE, Jamaica? That scene at the beginning, is it there?

Wouldn't it be marvellous if they filmed there?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited February 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Cadiz could fit very well for Tunisia, but Matera definitely not. Especially because the ancient city of Matera is one of the most unique human settlement in all Europe. No way could ever double some Tunisian city, they speaks totally different architectural languages.

This is Tunisi.

civitavecchia_tunisi_traghetti_2018.jpg

This is Cadiz.

Cadiz-View-Best-Things-to-Do-Cadiz.jpg

And this is Matera.

matera-capitale-cultura-2019-dali.jpg

I'll tell you more, IF it will happen would be pretty offensive. Like selling the Blenheim Palace as part of Rome.
    Parts of Matera do look like some Tunesian towns. I’ tell you what would be offensive: yet another Bond movie with way too many locations.
    I guess no Russia, wasnt that going to be a location with Boyles cold war angle?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Univex wrote: »
    dakota-johnson-and-barbara-broccoli-attend-the-academy-of-motion-picture-id1052187188

That girl on the right is definitely Bond girl material!! I say give her a call!

I don't find Babs attractive at all. To suggest her as being Bond girl material is ludicrous even if slightly joking.
    I do hope for another snow location/sequence.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    jake24 wrote: »
    Definitely wouldn't want Stone or Johnson in the film, but those rumours seem unsubstantiated.
    If they both appeared in the film then Bond 25 would have the best cast of any Bond film by a MILE.

Haha haha you really are a comedian.
    Parts of Matera do look like some Tunesian towns. I’ tell you what would be offensive: yet another Bond movie with way too many locations.

It all depends on the story. CR and SF featured more country/locations througout the movie then SP. But pretending a UNESCO heritage site so unique like Matera could double some random Tunisian Town is just extremely silly... especially if they’re goin to shot in the super famous and distinctive underground cave houses like the article mentioned.
    matt_u wrote: »

It all depends on the story. CR and SF featured more country/locations througout the movie then SP. But pretending a UNESCO heritage site so unique like Matera could double some random Tunisian Town is just extremely silly... especially if they’re goin to shot in the super famous and distinctive underground cave houses like the article mentioned.
    What??? SF: Uk, China, Turkey. SP: Mexico, UK, Italy, Austria, Tunesia.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    dakota-johnson-and-barbara-broccoli-attend-the-academy-of-motion-picture-id1052187188

That girl on the right is definitely Bond girl material!! I say give her a call!

I don't find Babs attractive at all. To suggest her as being Bond girl material is ludicrous even if slightly joking.

It was intended as a polite remark to Babs, not to be taken literally. Something you would say to an aunt. But I thought that was very much implicit. In fact, explaining it really ruins the irony of the remark, being that she was next to a very attractive girl.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Definitely wouldn't want Stone or Johnson in the film, but those rumours seem unsubstantiated.
    If they both appeared in the film then Bond 25 would have the best cast of any Bond film by a MILE.

Haha haha you really are a comedian.

See? This one's a joke made in bad taste, because the irony was lost on me, and on everyone else, I believe.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,665

I have to say I'm not to keen on too many locations, as well. Let's hope it's not a schizophrenic endeavour.

It was intended as a polite remark to Babs, not to be taken literally. Something you would say to an aunt. But I thought that was very much implicit. In fact, explaining it really ruins the irony of the remark, being that she was next to a very attractive girl.
    It’s also bizarrely inappropriate for someone to shoot her down on her looks like that.
    I'll tell you more, IF it will happen would be pretty offensive. Like selling the Blenheim Palace as part of Rome.

Yes, you're quite right @matt_u. I only mentioned it because it happened with Blenheim Palace. Hope they don't do something that offensive again. Ever.

I wasn't talking about filming locations but locations featured in the movie. SF had the same amount of SP while CR even more...

They can go to Cadiz doubling Tunisia just for a quick scene like for example Uganda in CR. Like I said it ALL depends on the story. Simple.

BTW having both Cadiz and Matera doubling for just a random Tunisian city doesn't make any sense to me.
    BTW having both Cadiz and Matera doubling for just a random Tunisian city doesn't make any sense to me.
    It really doesn't. And probably Matera was a publicity coup because of the recent attributed title of cultural city of Europe. The odd casting that came along with it kind of denounces it.

Yes, you're quite right @matt_u. I only mentioned it because it happened with Blenheim Palace. Hope they don't do something that offensive again. Ever.

Who knows. They're like apple and oranges. But Cadiz could be fine because Spanish architecture and North african architecture have a lot in common. Just think about the Moorish architecture in Spain...
    It really doesn't. And probably Matera was a publicity coup because of the recent attributed title of cultural city of Europe. The odd casting that came along with it kind of denounces it.

Maybe, yes.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited February 2019 Posts: 7,969
    If this is the cast of Bond 25, then I will forgive Barbara Broccoli all her sins: Daniel Craig, Rami Malek, Léa Seydoux, Ralph Fiennes, Ben Whishaw, Naomie Harris, Emma Stone, Dakota Johnson. This would be a truly jaw dropping cast in my opinion.

This would be a superb cast, which makes me think it probably won't happen.

Who knows. They're like apple and oranges. But Cadiz could be fine because Spanish architecture and North african architecture have a lot in common. Just think about the Moorish architecture in Spain...
    I'm Portuguese. Quite aware ;)
    You're an Architect, am I right, Mr. Roark? Or a student of?

I wasn't talking about filming locations but locations featured in the movie. SF had the same amount of SP while CR even more...

They can go to Cadiz doubling Tunisia just for a quick scene like for example Uganda in CR. Like I said it ALL depends on the story. Simple.

The locations I listed were locations in the movies. 3 vs 5 countries.

Well yes, @PanchitoPistoles, but if you're gonna use the UK card (instead of saying England and Scotland), you might as well say Europe instead of Austria and Italy.

Again, I wasn't talking about "countries" featured in those movies. Nevermind... ;)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I would be surprised with having both Stone and Johnson in one film-- two American female leads? Sounds a little odd from a tone perspective.

And the cost. Emma Stone is top of the A-list at the moment and would carry a hefty sum. Dakota, wouldn't come cheap-- far from it.

However, this CF is quite a character and I wouldn't be surprised to see him pull something off.

Stone as a villain (which I can't honestly see), or as a cameo; Dakota is 29, but can play younger-- the so-called Mi6 rookie? But then why not get an unknown, yet strong, English actress to play that role (if indeed this role exists-- which is debatable)?

I can't see it, nor imagine it, BUT, Emma Stone will be finished shooting Zombieland 2 very shortly (so is a cameo out of the question?). She's got other projects lined up, but they're from pre-production. So she does have availability.

Johnson? She's in pre-production and shoots principal on a film called THE FRIEND with Casey Affleck. Their shoot dates are Feb 19th to March 29th. Afterwards she also has things lined up, but also no where near pre-production. She also has availability.

So from a scheduling perspective, both these ladies could, theoretically, do B25.

So then I go back to an incredulous: two American females in lead roles? At their cost? Or one is a cameo. One is a supporting.

CF is an interesting gentleman and casts impeccably, so I would never doubt what he can do, and why he's doing it!

I'm Portuguese. Quite aware ;)
    You're an Architect, am I right, Mr. Roark? Or a student of?

;)

Yep, an architect just fully qualified. No more fantasy student projects for me. Oh Gosh, Mr. Roark would've been such a better nickname!

BTW I feel the movie won't feature both Matera and Cadiz/Tunisia. One of those must be fake news. This is gonna be a long month.
    peter wrote: »
    So then I go back to an incredulous: two American females in lead roles? At their cost? Or one is a cameo. One is a supporting.

Since they were mentioned like "potential" Bond girls in a local south-italian newspaper news, it's probably not goin to happen. For example, another newspaper (the most important in Italy) talked about Matera but they didn't mentioned Stone or Johnson...
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Mabey there can better go back to Greece or Marocco for double Tunies.

Tunies:

TUN-video-1_1-1024x1024.jpg

Tunisie_Autoroute_A1_Extension_1.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/91/Chikly_avec_le_Djebel_Zaghouan_en_arrière-plan.jpg
    Chikly, island in Tunies with Italian and Spanish forts
    https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chikly
    Yep, an architect just fully qualified. No more fantasy student projects for me. Oh Gosh, Mr. Roark would've been such a better nickname!

Congratulations @matt_u! Well, you're Mr. Roark now, at least to me ;) Come to think of it, Mr. Fountainhead does sound rather cool, if we're not the sort to mistake the genius of Ayn Rand pragmatical and objectivist thought with a dismantled right wing counter weapon. Never understood how right wing idiots were able to weaponise a line of thought made to harm them in the first place. But that is not a discussion for this place.

BTW, I guess we won't see any of those brilliant architectural avant guarde hotels and structures we've talked about a couple of pages ago. It would be nice if they contrasted the colonial Jamaica house with the sleek and contemporary Norwegian architecture, right?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,834
    I really hope Stone and Johnson isn't true. James Bond is one of the best franchises for casting international women, paving the way for representation. To go for two American actresses, with one possibly playing a British agent? Really?

Even a cameo would be odd and take people out of the film. But, I'm very happy to hear that things are moving ahead over at Pinewood. We can rest easy for a bit now.

And for the people who think production is starting earlier, I don't think that's true. If you remember at the Spectre conference, Mendes stated they had been in rehearsals, which is what is starting on Feb 4, so between rehearsals and the start of filming we should get the press conference, confirming or not some of the things we've been hearing.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I really hope Stone and Johnson isn't true. James Bond is one of the best franchises for casting international women, paving the way for representation. To go for two American actresses, with one possibly playing a British agent? Really? Even a cameo would be odd and take people out of the film.

I'm in total agreement with you, @Denbigh.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I really hope Stone and Johnson isn't true. James Bond is one of the best franchises for casting international women, paving the way for representation. To go for two American actresses, with one possibly playing a British agent? Really?

Even a cameo would be odd and take people out of the film. But, I'm very happy to hear that things are moving ahead over at Pinewood. We can rest easy for a bit now.

And for the people who think production is starting earlier, I don't think that's true. If you remember at the Spectre conference, Mendes stated they had been in rehearsals, which is what is starting on Feb 4, so between rehearsals and the start of filming we should get the press conference, confirming or not some of the things we've been hearing.

+1
    People here are seriously against the great Emma Stone appearing in a Bond film?? I will never understand mi6community...