No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Maybe we’re going to get a variation of Charlotte King from one of the original Spectre drafts. She was an American agent who turned out to be a Spectre agent.
  • RC7RC7
    Personally delighted if Italy features again. European locales always add a level of class, Italy being the best of the lot imo.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Personally delighted if Italy features again. European locales always add a level of class, Italy being the best of the lot imo.
    Yes, I quite agree. Italy is the best place in the whole wide world, IMO.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Daniel and Rachel ARE in London. Production starts this Monday 4th of February with readings and rehearsals. Sets are ready at Pinewood. Maybe second unit could film there this very Wednesday.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Daniel and Rachel ARE in London. Production starts this Monday 4th of February with readings and rehearsals. Sets are ready at Pinewood. Maybe second unit could film there this very Wednesday.

Sources??? Exciting times.
    Source please?
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,665
    Does the source who knows that sets are ready know which sets are they?

Well, it's archivo007, from Spain, mostly very reliable, right?
    If this is the cast of Bond 25, then I will forgive Barbara Broccoli all her sins: Daniel Craig, Rami Malek, Léa Seydoux, Ralph Fiennes, Ben Whishaw, Naomie Harris, Emma Stone, Dakota Johnson. This would be a truly jaw dropping cast in my opinion.
    Excellent. It seems Barbara Broccoli realized that she had no choice but to pull out all the stops after the Boyle debacle.
    Those sassy sods! They've blatantly used "our" source on the Jamaica affair.
    What do readings and rehearsals consist of. Just the cast reading the script?
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    What do readings and rehearsals consist of. Just the cast reading the script?

Yes, already on set or even sitting at a table in a conference room of some sort. Usually. Could involve lighting and sound tests as well. And costume fittings.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm a little confused. Are you saying that filming is beginning a month prior to what was announced?
    Still shocked we have barely any idea on the plot or cast
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Univex wrote: »

Except if you have to work here.

XD

BTW I just realized Matera was already considered as a location back in 2007 for the opening of QoS, but lost against Lake Garda and Carrara.
    Do you know who the production designer is? Is it still Mark Tildesley or is Dennis Gassner back?
    jake24 wrote: »
    I'm a little confused. Are you saying that filming is beginning a month prior to what was announced?

Well, second unit is known for filming stuff prior to main filming begins. Maybe that's what he was referring to.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Still shocked we have barely any idea on the plot or cast

Yes, I'm rather shocked and pleased.
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    Exciting times ahead my friends!!
    Things are really getting exciting now. It seems weird they mentioned production starts a month ahead of the expected time. We should hear a lot more things next week though!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    jake24 wrote: »

Well, second unit is known for filming stuff prior to main filming begins. Maybe that's what he was referring to.

Yep... rehearsal work is obvious before starting a production. Plus maybe the second unit will begin shooting a couple things without the main cast.
    Here’s hoping we get a press conference.
    We will, probably on the 28th. Just a few more weeks.

Or, we won't. And they'll remain secretive until the very end. I'm rooting for this scenario.

Wonderful news. Thanks for sharing!
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.

+1

Always yes to Italy.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited February 2019 Posts: 12,459
    Jamaica is awesome news! Also, I'd be happy with some more time in Italy, yes.
    Norway and Jamaica are the exciting places for me, for this Bond film.

Dakota? Always just meh to me, but I'm not against her in some small role per se.
    I haven't seen an inkling of who would be a great Bond girl either villain or ally so far.
    Not counting Lea, as we know she's in there already.

As a quick aside, it would make me smile if Rachel had a cameo in this one. ;)

Still not at excited about Rami. I hope he's not confirmed, but he is hot at the moment so a real possibility, yes.

I am probably in the minority in this, but I hope Naomie's role is more substantial in this one. I like her and Daniel together.
    Could Italy be used again because Monica Belluci is possibly returning? Food for thought.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Could Italy be used again because Monica Belluci is possibly returning? Food for thought.
    I don't think so, if you look at the specific locations that Italian article mentions, they look quite similar to Cadiz. I'm thinking they will shoot either in Spain or Italy, but Bond won't visit either of those countires. He will visit Tunesia.
    I don't think so, if you look at the specific locations that Italian article mentions, they look quite similar to Cadiz. I'm thinking they will shoot either in Spain or Italy, but Bond won't visit either of those countires. He will visit Tunesia.

Right now I'm guessing the movie will take place in the following countries: UK, Norway, Tunesia and Jamaica.

Food for what? Oh, that particular hunger goes unquenchable for life. I'd have Miss Belluci in every Bond film and that wouldn't even begin to suffice. She'd have to be in other films as well. All of them. A bit like Sophia Loren should have been on all films ever made.

See what you did @DonnyDB5? Now that's all I can think of ;)

I all seriousness, I hope that's the case. Lucia was somewhat of an unfinished business wasn't she? One time wasn't enough, was it? Oh boy, there I go again...

Italy could very well stand in for Turkey, the same way Cadiz will. Could it? That part of Italy? Would it fit?