Who should be a Bond girl?

Comments

And looking like that I have no problem with Lea returning. She's getting a hard time on here, but I must be one of the few who really liked her in SP!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    As long as she has less to say this time around I can live with her being back.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    Seydoux is rare woman who can look beautiful blonde, brunette or red head... I’d like if they changed up her look for B25 but I guess that wouldn’t be the commercial choice if they think folks wouldn’t be able to put it together it’s same woman.
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    Seydoux is rare woman who can look beautiful blonde, brunette or red head... I’d like if they changed up her look for B25 but I guess that wouldn’t be the commercial choice if they think folks wouldn’t be able to put it together it’s same woman.
    They could change it up. They did that with Franka Potente in The Bourne Supremacy. If they want to reflect a passage of time between SP & B25, I don't see why it cannot be done.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited December 2018 Posts: 2,541
    Lea does look gorgeous in long hair
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I always liked Lea. Just not as Madeleine.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 4,400
    So we know the casting breakdown for the Bond girls from Variety.

--- An MI6 agent who teams up with Bond (probably the new female lead)
    --- A 'mysterious' figure (probably the secondary and more dispensable Bond girl)

I'm willing to bet that we get a bigger 'name' actress in the former role, whilst the latter is played by a European actress we haven't heard of.

I think Hannah john-Kamen would work as a protege-type character.

16-26.jpg

I'm also into Gugu Mbathe-Raw

28503018976_ec50f1f9b7_k-gthumb-gwdata1200-ghdata1200-gfitdatamax.jpg

It's a bit criminal that Keira Knightley hasn't been in one of these films yet

3da33347b7fe5812484cde27fc194504.jpg

Also, can Natalie Portman do an English accent?

natalie-portman-photoshoot-for-porter-magazine-spring-2018-pat-ii-4.jpg
    Keira Knightley, a feminist herself, would never appear in a Bond film.
    I'm not a fan of Knightley personally. I thought she was awful in that Jack Ryan film from a few years back, and I remember seeing her in some Freud movie before that and she was pretty bad there too.
    I also never liked Natalie Portman. I mean, I don't have anything against her at all. But, she's just one of those actresses who just happens to be everywhere and you just want to get on with the scene she's in, as she does not leave an impact on you as an audience. Portman is that to me.
    I always liked Lea. Just not as Madeleine.

This is my opinion as well. I really like her in other films, but it just didn't work in SP. Might be direction more than anything, so here's hoping Cary make up for the mistakes of SP.

Re. the protege type character, I've never been into that idea myself. I also feel that Craig is (controversial opinion as it may be) getting into older Roger territory looks wise – even when in Bond fitness. Him teaming up with a younger female protege and the potential of some romantic scenes between the two, is a bit cringeworthy, IMO.
    I do hope there are no romantic ties with the younger protege Bond Girl. Personally, I'm not opposed to an older Bond mentoring a young agent, it just shows the character experiencing an evolution. A lot of Bond fans want a straightforward Bond thriller with a Bond in his prime, but this direction doesn't bother me at all.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of Knightley personally. I thought she was awful in that Jack Ryan film from a few years back, and I remember seeing her in some Freud movie before that and she was pretty bad there too.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is not a fan.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    As far as Lea as Madeline... remember it’s a director’s medium. It’s hard to project personality when Mendes wants scene interactions with Bond to be in whisper tones... he did this with almost all her scenes; Severine’s scenes; Moneypenny shave scene (which I never found sexy more creepy).
  • I'm a huge believer that Gugu Mbatha-Raw should get her chance as a Bond girl, although due to her age I may think she should have to wait a couple of years until Daniel steps down and they find someone new to play Bond. Her performance in Black Mirror really solidified this for me.
    Also I think it would be interesting to see Emma Stone be a Bond girl. Normally I wouldn't have ever said this, despite the fact I really like her as an actress, but after seeing her in Maniac I do believe with the right character she could be a phenomenal Bond girl.
    As far as Lea as Madeline... remember it’s a director’s medium. It’s hard to project personality when Mendes wants scene interactions with Bond to be in whisper tones... he did this with almost all her scenes; Severine’s scenes; Moneypenny shave scene (which I never found sexy more creepy).

Sadly only CR was the one that actually topped in terms of steamy scenes, especially with solange, she actually took my breath away with that hot scene. Apart from that QOS/SF/SP all were bad in terms of intimacy. I just hope CF can bring something good in that regard.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,293

That shave scenes really was creepy. I can't put my finger on why, but it certainly didn't work, IMO.
    Really loved the shave scene.
    Also loved the shaving scene. One of SF's best. The all Macau affair is what's missing in larger quantities in these flicks. Same with the Solange bit in CR, or the beach and Venice scenes with Vesper.
    Don't know where all this "creepy" notion coming from. I thought the shave scene was alright, and Bondian to say the least.
    Shave scene worked best in the trailers for me. In the actual film it's fine, but I'm sorry, I don't feel the vibe between Harris and Craig. As I've said elsewhere, to me it's particularly forced and all of their interactions similarly just don't work for me.

Regarding Caterina Murino - she definitely knows how to turn on the heat when she needs to. A true pro. She was really good in the BBC series Zen as well.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Shave scene worked best in the trailers for me. In the actual film it's fine, but I'm sorry, I don't feel the vibe between Harris and Craig. As I've said elsewhere, to me it's particularly forced and all of their interactions similarly just don't work for me.

Regarding Caterina Murino - she definitely knows how to turn on the heat when she needs to. A true pro. She was really good in the BBC series Zen as well.

Don't get me started on Caterina her scene always turns me on, agreed on both although I admire her effort to bring something new like shaving Scene. But MP isn't suppose to get physical with bond imo so that turned to pretty well.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I always wanted to see Angelina Jolie but I understand why that never happened.
    Kate Beckinsale would be a fantastic choice for Craig's Bond, she would have been great as Vesper. She is still stunning and she has a really lovely voice

Yuliya Snigir, she reminds me of Famke Janssen a little bit. Could be a sexy villian
    Ana de Armas has a Bond girl sort of look (I know that sounds daft by the way)
    A mysterious woman from Bond's past, who's likely to be a villainess...

Peta%2BWilson%2BLa%2BFemme%2BNikita.jpg
    la-femme-nikita-peta-wilson-don-francks-eugene-robert-glazer-roy-dupuis-matthew-ferguson-alberta-watson-dvdbash-50.jpg
    tumblr_mh0eda8YC71qdkeiao3_1280.jpg
    image?locale=en-us&target=circle

The perfect choice has been in front of them all along, and they're still not seeing it.

She's almost Craig's age, is very believable in action scenes (she was Nikita for crying out loud), and she happens to be both a great actress and very lovely to look at, as well as not being financially problematic to employ.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Peta Wilson, my dream Natalia Kassle.
    Peta Wilson, my dream Natalia Kassle.
    Stellar casting choice!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    peta-wilson-sean-connery-stuart-townsend-during-the-league-of-las-picture-id451445907?s=612x612

Sir Sean approves
    Of course he does. ;)

Oddly enough, Shane West, who played the American agent Tom Sawyer in LOEG, played Michael in the American adaptation of Nikita. ;)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Of course he does. ;)

Oddly enough, Shane West, who played the American agent Tom Sawyer in LOEG, played Michael in the American adaptation of Nikita. ;)

LOEG is a guilty pleasure for me, I watched Nikita when it originally aired though never made the connection regarding Shane West.
    Of course he does. ;)

LOEG is a guilty pleasure for me, I watched Nikita when it originally aired though never made the connection regarding Shane West.
    I enjoy it very openly and prefer it to the comic books.

So, we have Nikita from La Femme Nikita and Michael from the newer Nikita. Hmm... ;)