Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    James Bond cars on Forza Horizon 4.

ABRQ85T.png
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The Jaguar confuses me. Is it supposed to be from a specific movie?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The Jaguar confuses me. Is it supposed to be from a specific movie?
    Spectre. Hinx's car.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Beautiful
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    WE DONT NEED ANYMORE BOND GAMES WE ALREADY HAVE THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME

WORLD OF ESPIONAGE
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'm so jealous, I haven't played World Of Espionage.
    Yeah this news upsets me for two reasons

No Batman season 3
    No bond telltale game

Don’t get me wrong I realize it’s an unpopular opinion to want those games but yeah I did
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Risico007 wrote: »

No Batman season 3
    No bond telltale game

Don’t get me wrong I realize it’s an unpopular opinion to want those games but yeah I did

I wanted a Bond Telltale game. It would have been a different, fresher take that would have ignited the flame to get another dev working on the Bond game the masses wanted.
  • Risico007 wrote: »

No Batman season 3
    No bond telltale game

I wanted a Bond Telltale game. It would have been a different, fresher take that would have ignited the flame to get another dev working on the Bond game the masses wanted.

I think that's the ticket - it's important to re-start the fire under Bond games again.
    I thought Forza Horizon 4 sort of was that ticket.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

I certainly hope that’s the beginning of more to come.
  • I thought Forza Horizon 4 sort of was that ticket.

Well here's hoping, mate. From your lips to EON's ears. . .
    octofinger wrote: »
    Well here's hoping, mate. From your lips to EON's ears. . .
    Amen.
    WE DONT NEED ANYMORE BOND GAMES WE ALREADY HAVE THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME

WORLD OF ESPIONAGE

I know you hate that game so much, we all do, but please stop reminding us that that thing existed.
    Mobile games are not video games in my book.

Same here! There are certain exceptions where actual games are simply ported over to mobile, but their controls are always vastly inferior to their PC/console counterparts.

Same here! There are certain exceptions where actual games are simply ported over to mobile, but their controls are always vastly inferior to their PC/console counterparts.
    Indeed, such as the case with the 3D Universe GTA games. But, most of those mobile games are not video games. They’re flash games at best with all that point-and-click strategic bingos, if that even.

I’d rather go back to the early nineties era and play The Stealth Affair instead rather than touching WoE at any capacity. Hell, I’m ready to accept James Bond Jr as a Bond game before considering WoE a video game.

Indeed, such as the case with the 3D Universe GTA games. But, most of those mobile games are not video games. They’re flash games at best with all that point-and-click strategic bingos, if that even.

I’d rather go back to the early nineties era and play The Stealth Affair instead rather than touching WoE at any capacity. Hell, I’m ready to accept James Bond Jr as a Bond game before considering WoE a video game.

Agreed. At least James Bond Jr had something resembling actual gameplay.

Agreed. At least James Bond Jr had something resembling actual gameplay.
    Precisely.

Just watched that video. It’s unfortunate that you can’t use any of the gadgets in the game. This guy here confirms it:
  • mgeoff88mgeoff88 At a nice safehouse in Rome... Erm... Bay Area, CA

That also means no The Wolf Among Us season 2 or Stranger Things...

I would have love to have seen TellTale take a crack at the 007 franchise. They were even planning to utilize a new game engine going forward to make their games more interactive. What a shame...
    After going through and completing Red Dead Redemption 2, I couldn't help but think about a James Bond game with that level of immersion and choice.

Like, let's say a game studio decides to make a AAA 007 game, and you could go through the game either being suave/charming, or more cold-blooded with characters ala Alpha Protocol. And depending on how you decide to play your James Bond, that would affect the ending of the game. Throw in an open-sandbox world where you could develop contacts in between missions, pick out your own safehouse (from a variety) when you travel to a new location, race around in your Aston Martin, get new or upgraded gadgets from Q, essentially a James Bond simulator. I would buy the hell out of a game like that.

Funny enough, Rockstar was working on a spy/espionage game set during the Cold War called Agent in the early 2000's, but was unfortunately cancelled.
    Agent is still in development. For some reason, Rockstar keeps renewing the brand every three or four years or so.
  • I've said this before, but I don't think I want a totally open world for Bond. I think I'd prefer something more cinematic, like Uncharted. That way you could move through an interesting environment from one beautiful set piece to the next.

Saying that, sure - I'll take a AAA open-world Bond game from a major developer. At this point I'll take damned near anything!
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    mgeoff88 wrote: »
    After going through and completing Red Dead Redemption 2, I couldn't help but think about a James Bond game with that level of immersion and choice.

Like, let's say a game studio decides to make a AAA 007 game, and you could go through the game either being suave/charming, or more cold-blooded with characters ala Alpha Protocol. And depending on how you decide to play your James Bond, that would affect the ending of the game. Throw in an open-sandbox world where you could develop contacts in between missions, pick out your own safehouse (from a variety) when you travel to a new location, race around in your Aston Martin, get new or upgraded gadgets from Q, essentially a James Bond simulator. I would buy the hell out of a game like that.

Funny enough, Rockstar was working on a spy/espionage game set during the Cold War called Agent in the early 2000's, but was unfortunately cancelled.

It’s not good to set our hearts on something that literally can’t ever happen
    edited November 2018 Posts: 50
    Agent is still in development. For some reason, Rockstar keeps renewing the brand every three or four years or so.

Well, if Agent is still in development, it will be a long time before we probably see it. It’s rumored that Rockstar’s next game will be Bully 2.
    octofinger wrote: »
    I've said this before, but I don't think I want a totally open world for Bond. I think I'd prefer something more cinematic, like Uncharted. That way you could move through an interesting environment from one beautiful set piece to the next.

Saying that, sure - I'll take a AAA open-world Bond game from a major developer. At this point I'll take damned near anything!

I mean, developing an open-word game of that magnitude would take much longer to develop as opposed to designing it more like a cinematic game, like you said. Or they could do it like Shadow of the Tomb Raider, where you have hubs that count as a city/village that our just one large level pretty much. I wouldn’t be against that approach.

As a big video game fan and James Bond fan, I just want to see a talented game studio do something with the franchise. I would be happy to play a new FPS 007 game at this point.
    What ever became of the episodic video game that was supposed to feature Pierce Brosnan? I believe a former Sega boss was involved. Can’t remember the name but I believe @ClarkDevlin will know what I’m referring to.
    Yes, @BMW_with_missiles. Shadow Stalkers is the one you’re referring to. It was supposed to come out this year, but nothing was made past the announcement of the title. I asked both 3D Realms and ZOOM Platform about the status of the game and they didn’t reply. It looks like it’s canned.