CLOSED

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    timmer wrote: »
    Trump's crime is that he got elected.

Ummmm, no... Trump's crime is treason. He make Nixon look like a pickpocket. Do you understand WHAT treason IS, timmer? Clearly you don't. It's when you help a foreign country out at the expense of your own. AKA espionage. Russia PAID Trump for stuff, and he gave it to them. How can you be a Bond fan and not understand this stuff? ;)
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 4,622
    [/quote]

Ummmm, no... Trump's crime is treason. He make Nixon look like a pickpocket. Do you understand WHAT treason IS, timmer? Clearly you don't. It's when you help a foreign country out at the expense of your own. AKA espionage. Russia PAID Trump for stuff, and he gave it to them. How can you be a Bond fan and not understand this stuff? ;)[/quote]

Actually I do understand what treason is.
    I think that's apparent.You apparently don't.
    I also think myself and other Bond fans who don't waste their time posting here have a better understanding of what's actually been reported in the news and whats actually been going on in Washington with various Congressional committees, hearings etc.
    It's not top secret. It's all over mainstream news sources. On multiple platforms too.
    But what did @JamesStock says about blinded by disdain and extremely narrow lenses.

By your standards, the treason case has already been made against anyone associated with the promotion of the Russia prepared Steele dossier. That's all on the record. Not even disputed. See Bruce Ohr hearings.
    Meanwhile nothing has been pinned on Trump. Even Mueller has given up. He's now trying to work with obstruction of his investigation, but that's not going anywhere either. He's under big pressure now to wind the thing down.
    Sorry to actually reference actual events as reported in the news. None of which gets dumped in the helpful little news briefings we find in this thread.
    But there is much excitement over a Supreme Court nominee attending Dog & Pony show hearings, populated by a real live"I am Spartacus" not to mention a supply of paid loons hired to scream and shreik at the back of the room, until mercifully removed. Although the Senator who doubles as an auctioneer did a great job, drowning out one of the squealing hyenas.
    But horrors, when the the unruliness and raucousness had finally ended for the day, the honorable Judge, mired in the midst of this madness, gasp!!
    failed to eagerly shake the hand of the complete stranger who approached from behind.
    My God the uncivility of it all!
    And that bad girl and her fingers! The nice Jewish girl of Mexican heritage. You'd almost think she might be guilty of mocking.
    This thread is keeping up the standards of past Mi6 "American Politics" threads.Good job!
    As an aside, the excitable left do realize that regular people do delight in mocking them. It's kind of almost too easy.
    Anyway, maybe we can do Over-Under betting on how many times the word Nazi might pop up in these threads
    ;)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    JamesStock wrote: »
    The comments I see here really remind me of when the roles were reversed when Obama was in office. No disrespect intended, but some folks become so blinded by their disdain for the other side, that the fail to recognize the extremely narrow lense that they're looking through. I hate how polarized politics have become in this nation, but it will continue so long as things remain unchanged so I suppose I should suck it up.

Yes of course, we do have to suck it up as that is democracy.
    We can't just demand impeachment every time our guy loses or float absurdities like the invocation of the 25th amendment, which really shows how unhinged many on the left have become.
    I wouldn't expect anyone with liberal leanings to support Trump, as he's definitely not your guy.
    However if you do lean conservative he is getting the job done, or at least making the effort. I'm not sure anyone ever actually gets the job done.

Democracy under attack.That's cliched rhetoric.
    Votes are cast. Votes are counted. People take office. People get voted in and out. Judges are appointed etc. The game goes on. Democracy is just or fine enough which is all it ever really is.
    What infuriates the left is that Trump is actually doing what he was elected to do, what he promised to do. Trump's crime is that he got elected.

I'm sorry, what has he actually done? Seriously. A racism-enabling wall and travel ban, destroying the first proper attempt at universal health care we've really had that only failed because consevatives don't want health care, and brunches that celebrate dictators he wants to emulate with his stupid military parades. What. Has. He. Done?
    There is actually no way to fix things other than by draining the swamp, but that's become a cliched phrase.

Can he do that while he's in Florida playing his umpteen billionth golf game? Actually, there's something he's gotten done, he's improved his golf game.
    The only thing Trump has achieved is making the swamp twice as muddy...
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Trump's core base will not be swayed, no matter what the facts are, no matter what he does. Even he has said that. It has become very cult-like, which is sad. Arguing back and forth will be a bottomless rabbit hole. Still, we need to speak up at times. Still, we have free speech in America and everybody has a right to their own opinion and may express it.

Where we make our voices heard the most is when we vote. So, all American citizens, please think carefully and VOTE.

Sure, there is a lot of fact checking regarding Trump and his administration and the vast majority of these checks show that Trump not only greatly exaggerates, he also flat out lies ... many times. Easy to check online. A great many sources, from all political spectrums.

Here is one brief article: https://www.apnews.com/f69bf322cae24ba3b8cb153e803b0ec0/AP-FACT-CHECK:-Trump's-not-so-strong-Medicare,-economy-myths?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Politics

From this article:
    TRUMP: “‘Ford has abruptly killed a plan to sell a Chinese-made small vehicle in the U.S. because of the prospect of higher U.S. Tariffs.’ CNBC. This is just the beginning. This car can now be BUILT IN THE U.S.A. and Ford will pay no tariffs!” — tweet Sunday.

THE FACTS: It’s not true that Trump’s taxes on Chinese imports will now mean the Focus Active can be built in the U.S.

Citing Trump’s new tariffs, Ford on Aug. 31 said it was dropping plans to ship the hatchback vehicle to the United States from China.

But Ford said in a statement Sunday “it would not be profitable to build the Focus Active in the U.S.,” given forecast yearly sales below 50,000. For now, that means Ford simply won’t sell the vehicle in the United States.

And this (but plenty to find on the internet; have at it, so many people countering Trump's continual statements with fact checks).

Ford making cars here is not my biggest issue, though. No.
    Let me say straight up that I am very concerned (to put it mildly) with the tone of this administration, their aims, and not just the fact (yes) that Trump lies and grossly exaggerates. We can go back and forth for years on his statements, arguing which is percentage of them are true. I don't want to go down that route of circular agument now, though I am thankful many people are fact-checking him.

But Trump's flat out racism, his nudging winks for white supremacy, his disregard and overtures to disparage and hinder (to put it as neutrally as possible) people of color - which was evident even during the campaign - is an ongoing factor ... and that alone is so disgusting to me that I never considered him to be worthy of being nominated. How his racism and bigotry get brushed aside, I do not understand.

I know other issues are also paramount - immigration, which is being handled so abusively and against human rights - foreign policy, trade, tearing up up environmental laws ... suffice to say, there is a lot to be concerned about with this administration.

The GOP led Congress, for the most part, seems more than eager to tear down anything and everything President Obama did. To the extent they are willfully destroying things that are good for our country. Just my opinion, but I do believe that. They also want very conservative judges appointed throughout our nation and are working hard to get that done as quickly as possible. They know Trump's time is limited.

We will get through this, but it is taking time. I am thankful we have a system in place that can deal with it. No, there will not be a coup or a civil war - and people calling for that are trying to inflame, distract, cause chaos (all those things that Bannon and Putin and Miller want). They want to watch us burn, make no mistake about that. Nero and Rome do come to mind, yes. Never thought I'd see this happen in my country ever, but it is here for us to deal with now.

All Americans need to contact their govt representatives (local as well as state and federal) and make our voices heard. It is not an exaggeration to say this is a critical time for our country, our democracy, our Constitutional rights, everything.

edited September 2018 Posts: 17,691
    By your standards, the treason case has already been made against anyone associated with the promotion of the Russia prepared Steele dossier.
    I'm not very familiar with that, past Steele being MI6 (?), I'm going by what is being uncovered and what Trump and his family have admitted to in tweets, and what his associates facing jail time have testified to. timmer, this is not about left vs. right, it's about a career con man & racist dousche that quotes Hitler and wants to destroy our nation to create the perfect profit stock margin no matter what the human or Constitutional cost.
    Again, do you know anything about history- specifically Germany circa 1933?
    Or do you just hate Indiana Jones movies-? ;)

edited September 2018 Posts: 12,459
    The Mueller investigation was not based on, nor started because of, the Steele report. That has been debunked. As has the DNC/Hillary starting it. Steele was hired initially via the GOP (either conservatives within it or by Jeb Bush himself). They had suspicions about Trump. Later the DNC continued with it. The Steele Report was a mixture of verifiable facts and unverifiable reports. It is exactly what it was hired to be: an investigation in order to see if further investigation was warranted. It was warranted and things snowballed from there against Trump and his colleagues.

If anyone has an interest in reading about Bruce Ohr, why Trump would be worried about him, here is a good thread. It is a little lengthy but it covers good info re money laundering and mob connections. Click in here and scroll down ...
    The above Justin Juvenile tweet is correct. That's exactly what happened and has been reported. Steele approached Ohr with the phony Russian dossier
    Fusion GPS( DNC contracted PR firm) got involved from here.
    As anyone paying attention to the actual news or simply the Congressional Hearings with Bruce Ohr would know, is that that Ohr and others used the dossier to get the FISA warrants, which provided the impetus for the Mueller probe.
    The crime here is that Ohr and company perpetrated a fraud against the FISA judges.
    They did not reveal that they knew the dossier to be false.
    @foreverB I realize I have you at a disadvantage, as I do follow the current events on a daily basis.
    Always have for both professional reasons and general habit, but as @chrisisall freely acknowledges,and I realize he has better things to do, then be a political know-it-all, this business with the FISA courts is news to him, as it seems it is to you. CNN has covered all this, but I guess your Twitter timeline stays clear of anything that doesn't address the "resistance" movement.
    You like the word debunk, but you can't debunk what's on the record ie what Ohr has said.
    Why do you think Congressional Republicans want the FISA warrants? For fun? No clearly because they know that what's in them, will corroborate what Ohr said.
    Again, I do have you at a disadvantage. It's tough to get up to speed on all this stuff, if you are just picking up on it today.
    Here's some other names you can Google regarding this debacle.
    Fired Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe, the subject of a fresh Grand Jury investigation.
    Fired senior FBI agent Peter Strzok assigned to the Mueller probe.
    Lisa Page either fired or quit FBI, can't remember, She worked with Strzok.
    Glenn Simpson, principal with Fusion GPS
    Ohr's wife works for Fusion GPS too and I'm sure was quite helpful.

Also Hillary Clinton, Swamp Queen and failed DNC candidate. Also known as Big Boss.

And future Big Boss, Corey Booker, aka I am Spartacus.

I can't wait for the DNC leadership battle. It will be a gong show. Not that the GOP battles are any less gongy, but Spartacus looks like a keeper.
    I actually love this guy. The build-up to his delivery of the Spartacus line was classic.
    And he even played the Spartacus card, already knowing that the documents he was demanding had already been made available to him.
    But he wasn't going to pass up his Spartacus moment. It was beautifully rehearsed, nicely executed, maybe a tad bit of hesitation, before dropping the big line, but still very well done.
    One of the best pieces of political theatre I have ever seen.
    If this guy runs against Trump in 2020, the debates should be held in the Superdome.
    It will be gold.

= Presidential Golf. No one holds a candle to Obama here. And that's OK. Work can still get done on the golf course. Freash air and all. Clears the head.
    And not the worst thing for the boss to get out of the office. The employees do appreciate it.

Edit: rather than double post.
    Not bad
    There's just been one Nazi Hitler reference since I initiated the count. From @starshipcaptain ;)

Too many "rascist" drops to count but that's par for the course. The left has been labeling this way anyone that doesn't agree with them on pretty much anything for a long time.
    We get this in Canada too.

Trump is the worst thing ever. I realize this. So was Bush and so was Reagan and from the other side so was Obama.
    It was only last decade that Bush was hung in effigy, railed on for war crimes, the worst of the worst, blah blah blah. Neil Young wrote a song called Let's Impeach the President. I have it. I've got lots of Young stuff. Unlike some, I don't boycott artists. If it sounds good I'll buy it.
    I also have a complete Clash collection. But better classic punk are the Sex Pistols -full on railing on society's failings minus political pretensions.

==

Re the Ford Focus, who cares on any level. This is just business/foreign trade wrangling, posturing. Goes on all the time.
    ====

There is some broader gullibility at play here though. Left wing "fact checkers" have an agenda.
    "fact checking" can be very fluid, interpretive, slanted, biased. Means nothing.
    Judge each scenario on its own merits and you'll find there's always a lot of stretching from all corners.
    An aggregated bias only serves a propaganda agenda or pre-fab PR campaign. Which is fine. That's the whole point of the exercise.
    Throw enough poop against the wall and see what sticks.

Sit in on some business talks, even small stuff, like booking hockey arenas for summer leagues.
    A so-called "fact-checker" wouldn't be able to keep up with all the bs, but the sides stick to it and things get thrashed out.

In politics, I notice "lies" has a very very fluid interpretation.
    = Presidential Golf. No one holds a candle to Obama here.
    As Nancy said, just say no.
    Ease off slowly, exercise, drink water, and find a hobby.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The above Justin Juvenile tweet is correct. That's exactly what happened and has been reported. Steele approached Ohr with the phony Russian dossier
    As anyone paying attention to the actual news or simply the Congressional Hearings with Bruce Ohr would know, is that that Ohr and others used the dossier to get the FISA warrants, which provided the impetus for the Mueller probe.
    The crime here is that Ohr and company perpetrated a fraud against the FISA judges.
    @foreverB I realize I have you at a disadvantage, as I do follow the current events on a daily basis.
    Always have for both professional reasons and general habit, but as @chrisisall freely acknowledges,and I realize he has better things to do, then be a political know-it-all, this business with the FISA courts is news to him, as it seems it is to you. CNN has covered all this, but I guess your Twitter timeline stays clear of anything that doesn't address the "resistance" movement.
    You like the word debunk, but you can't debunk what's on the record ie what Ohr has said.
    Why do you think Congressional Republicans want the FISA warrants? For fun? No clearly because they know that what's in them, will corroborate what Ohr said.
    Again, I do have you at a disadvantage. It's tough to get up to speed on all this stuff, if you are just picking up on it today.
    Fired Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe, the subject of a fresh Grand Jury investigation.

Also Hillary Clinton, Swamp Queen and failed DNC candidate. Also known as Big Boss.

I can't wait for the DNC leadership battle. It will be a gong show. Not that the GOP battles are any less gongy, but Spartacus looks like a keeper.
    I actually love this guy. The build-up to his delivery of the Spartacus line was classic.
    And he even played the Spartacus card, already knowing that the documents he was demanding had already been made available to him.
    But he wasn't going to pass up his Spartacus moment. It was beautifully rehearsed, nicely executed, maybe a tad bit of hesitation, before dropping the big line, but still very well done.
    If this guy runs against Trump in 2020, the debates should be held in the Superdome.
    It will be gold.

= Presidential Golf. No one holds a candle to Obama here. And that's OK. Work can still get done on the golf course. Freash air and all. Clears the head.
    And not the worst thing for the boss to get out of the office. The employees do appreciate it.

Not bad
    There's just been one Nazi Hitler reference since I initiated the count. From @starshipcaptain ;)

Too many "rascist" drops to count but that's par for the course. The left has been labeling this way anyone that doesn't agree with them on pretty much anything for a long time.

Trump is the worst thing ever. I realize this. So was Bush and so was Reagan and from the other side so was Obama.
    It was only last decade that Bush was hung in effigy, railed on for war crimes, the worst of the worst, blah blah blah. Neil Young wrote a song called Let's Impeach the President. I have it. I've got lots of Young stuff. Unlike some, I don't boycott artists. If it sounds good I'll buy it.
    I also have a complete Clash collection. But better classic punk are the Sex Pistols -full on railing on society's failings minus political pretensions.

==

Re the Ford Focus, who cares on any level. This is just business/foreign trade wrangling, posturing. Goes on all the time.
    ====

There is some broader gullibility at play here though. Left wing "fact checkers" have an agenda.
    "fact checking" can be very fluid, interpretive, slanted, biased. Means nothing.
    Judge each scenario on its own merits and you'll find there's always a lot of stretching from all corners.
    An aggregated bias only serves a propaganda agenda or pre-fab PR campaign. Which is fine. That's the whole point of the exercise.

Sit in on some business talks, even small stuff, like booking hockey arenas for summer leagues.
    A so-called "fact-checker" wouldn't be able to keep up with all the bs, but the sides stick to it and things get thrashed out.

In politics, I notice "lies" has a very very fluid definition.

"Fact checking" is apparently biased, but you aren't, huh?
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    A personal belief of mine is that we're all biased.
    Of course I'm biased. Everyone is especially fact checkers.
    I also don't care. Humans aren't cyborgs.

Hell, if Trump's act starts to wear thin in two years, I might even join @chrisisall and vote for "I Am Spartacus" in the election.
    Not likely, but......
    Spartacus is my new favorite Pol. Hope he's on the late news tonight.

Conservatives beat fact checkers on bias by a country mile.

You clearly do not subscribe to Vulcan philosophy.
    chrisisall wrote: »

You clearly do not subscribe to Vulcan philosophy.

Spock would make a good fact checker.
    He'd be the only reliable one in the Galaxy.
    OK, so please if you live anywhere on the South Carolina coast, you must evacuate. I believe it is a mandatory evacuation. PLEASE get the news in your area and prepare to leave asap.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 3,564

It will be gold.

Not bad

==

====

In politics, I notice "lies" has a very very fluid definition.

"Fact checking" is apparently biased, but you aren't, huh?

That's about the size of it.

Once upon a time, when some semblance of sanity prevailed in our world, one of my favorite sayings was, "We're all entitled to our own opinion -- but we're NOT entitled to our own facts." This truism is apparently no longer true. Repeat a lie often enough and loudly enough...and you have a new fact.

Except you don't, not really, and it's time for lies to be exposed and liars to be rejected. Donald Trump is the biggest liar in politics, and folks, that's where the world class liars go to work their trade. The Trump claim that the Steele dossier has been debunked is largely a lie (some of its suggestions -- such as the peeing Moscow hookers-- are unverifiable but also not stated as fact); the storyline insisting that the FISA warrants were based on this dossier has also been refuted by numerous sources. The Mueller investigation has only STARTED putting "witches" behind bars and the Trumpistas are getting more than a little frantic in their attempts to discredit the investigation. Let's talk a little about Bruce Ohr, shall we? The following is the first two paragraphs of the Wikipedia entry on this gentleman:

Bruce Genesoke Ohr is a United States Department of Justice official. A former associate deputy attorney general and former director of the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF),[1] as of February 2018 Ohr was working in the Justice Department's Criminal Division.[2] He is an expert on transnational organized crime and has spent most of his career overseeing gang and racketeering-related prosecutions,[3] including Russian organized crime.[4]

Ohr was little-known until 2018, when he became the subject of Republican scrutiny and conservative conspiracy theories[5][6][7][8] over his purported involvement in starting the probe on Russian interference in the 2016 election. He was criticized by President Donald Trump, who accused Ohr of abusing his access to sensitive information.[5][6] No evidence has emerged that Ohr was involved in the initiation of the Russia probe or that Ohr mishandled sensitive information.[6][7] According to a comprehensive review by ABC News, Ohr "had little impact on the FBI’s growing probe into Trump and his associates."[3]

I think the concluding sentences of each paragraph are the most meaningful here, both the one noting that Ohr "had little impact on the FBI's growing probe into Trump and his associates" -- and the one noting that Ohr "has spent most of his career overseeing gang and racketeer prosecutions, INCLUDING RUSSIAN ORGANIZED CRIME."

As the clip @4EverBonded shared earlier made clear, it's pretty obvious why Trump and his defenders are trying their best to smear a career justice official. It's not going to work, and it's actually sort of funny (and plenty sad, and more than a little alarming) to watch. And BTW, say what you will about Wikipedia, but they go out of their way to stay neutral on most controversial topics -- and ABC News is still a trusted informational source for anybody who hasn't been brainwashed by a couple of decades' worth of watching Fox Faux News.

Oh, and PS: the parenthetical reference numbers in the Wikipedia quote are of course their own notes to back up their statements. Anyone seeking more info is encouraged to check the Wikipedia entry on Bruce Ohr.
    Seriously if you are on the coast or even a little inland from it in South Carolina, North Carolina, Maryland, and Virginia get out now. WITH your PETS. Please make arrangements now, without delay.

This hurricane's winds doubled in the last 12 hrs, strenghening and predictions are it will not weaken before hitting the coast. Cat. 4 and still a chance of reaching Cat. 5 when it tears into our coast there. Andrew ... Katrina ... were Cat. 5 and this one needs to be taken as seriously.

Update: I am reading North Carolina has issued evacuation order, too. Both North and South Carolina have told all residents on and near their coastlines to evacuate.
    And yes, Maryland and Virginia - coastlines are ordered to evacuate.
    If you or someone you know live there, please take action now to leave and help others to leave.

Those who are ill, elderly, poor and without personal communication - all need special assistance. Do you know someone who could be stranded there? I hope all people - and those with pets, too - have a disaster plan in place already. If not, please make this your priority today - now - within the next couple of hours.

@timmer

You are at a disadvantage because you get all your news from a propaganda network designed to make people support the Republican party no matter what. That is the heart of the matter here...
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 7,500
    There is seemingly no end to this administration's shameless intimidation tactics

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/10/john-bolton-castigate-icc-washington-speech
    jobo wrote: »
    @timmer

You are at a disadvantage because you get all your news from a propaganda network designed to make people support the Republican party no matter what. That is the heart of the matter here...

"The heart of the matter" (sigh) is that you have no idea what you are talking about which is nothing new
    See I can do that too, make broad sweeping ill-informed utterances, that essentially say nothing
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    At least the other propaganda network has sirius jernalists.
    @timmer

"The heart of the matter" (sigh) is that you have no idea what you are talking about which is nothing new
    See I can do that too, make broad sweeping ill-informed utterances, that essentially say nothing

You've proven how good you are at that.

You still haven't answered my question from before about what Trump has actually done. You've parroted back the words of Donnie Boy and his blind followers as if they were your own. You've used a great deal of words to say exactly nothing.
    @earmuffs
    You haven't refuted anything and you haven't been paying attention. You are obviously just catching up now.
    Sorry to interrupt the very selective, actually very naive ,as opposed to calculated, propaganda "resistance"narrative that is being spun here on a Bond Community web site of all things.
    Quick question, do conservative leaning Bond community members methodically not only create, but also hijack other threads to launch, rally the troops, "resistance" propaganda platforms?
    Didn't think so. That's Move on.org territory.
    Who is today's racist of the day I wonder?
    Another question. Does Move on.org actually instruct it's members to commandeer friendly Internet communities sharing a common interest, and to use their membership, and that common interest, to foment pocket resistance cells?
    If so, that's a rather anti-social tactic, not keeping in the spirit of community.
    What we have been witnessing here in this thread is not an attempt at actual discussion, but a methodical regular dropping of propagandized tweet bombs and assorted bulletins driving a, albeit, somewhat muddled political agenda.

===I know this doesn't fit with your idealized narrative, but facts are facts.
    The FBI did indeed dismiss the Steele dossier as phony.
    The FBI did indeed fire Steele as a source.
    Still fraudulent representations regarding the veracity of the Dossier were made to the FISA court judges.
    Ohr has testified to this effect.
    Gee I wonder why House Republicans are screaming for Trump to declassify the FISA documents in question.
    Obviously they know they are a smoking gun, thanks to Ohr's blatherings under oath.
    It's not really that hard to understand.
    Ask your yourself, why did the FBI fire Andrew McCabe,and why is he now the subject of a Grand Jury investigation.
    Why was Peter Strzok fired? Why is Lisa Page gone too?
    Why was Mr Russia boy,Ohr transferred, demoted?
    Only yestery the DOJ burped out more damning Strzok-Page text messages.
    Scandal and Corruption. Life in the Swamp!
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 7,500
    @timmer

Oh I know very well what I am talking about! I know a blind Sean Hannity/Tucker Carlson disciple when I see one...

The thing is this: Fox News is the only major news agency in the world obsessed with the proclaimed 'conspiracy' behind the Steele report. The rest of the world has long gone debunked it as pure drivel to confuse the American public of what is actually going on. I can say this as one having the advantage of following not only Fox News (like you) but several news outlets all around the world. So there are two different possibilities:

1) All major news agencies and journalists have come together in an elaborate, global scheme to destroy Trump, with Fox News being the one and only trustworthy outlet.

2) Fox News are running their own show of lies, bias, propaganda and conspiracy theories.

I don't rate your ability to construct logical thought processes highly... but I give you a chance here to try and put two and two together...
    So there are two different possibilities:

1) All major news agencies and journalists have come together in an elaborate, global scheme to destroy Trump, with Fox News being the one and only trustworthy outlet.

2) Fox News are running their own show of lies, bias, propaganda and conspiracy theories.
    Occam's Razor for me.
    Hurricane Florence is a killer storm that will, without fail, wreak devastation and destruction. It is life threatening. Highways reversed traffic now, helping people leave the areas. Please take action now, if you are in any way near these areas about to be affected by this Cat. 4 (close to a 5) hurricane. Please remember the elderly, ill, and pets. Thank you for your patience with me posting on this. I grew up in Florida; I know how serious this one is.

Update from less than 1 hr ago (as I type this):

This is gonna be bad. Insurance companies will be going broke...
    All major highways have been reversed in South Carolina, to keep traffic flowing away from the coastline. (You can click into this link and scroll up and down for more information)
This discussion has been closed.