CLOSED

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited August 2018 Posts: 12,459
    And think about this: The elected president of the United States continues to hold "rallies" for his core supporters. Why? He has all along. No other president would have ever thought to do this. Why would his ego need that? Insecure much or what?
    Admiring murderous dictators is not enough. He would gladly do away with the Constitution if he could (just look at his ideas and policies and the people he has picked for his administration).

Oh, just read this. Both Trump and Pence will be out of the country on our Veterans Day. Hmmm. Why is that? Because Trump's huge military parade that he demanded has been delayed another full year (at least)? Because so many Americans will be honoring veterans and also protesting against Trump during this time?
    And as for Paris, Ireland, Buenos Aires and Colombia: sorry, you get to deal with Trump then. While he is there, please don't hold back your real feelings.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Trump's admin is just swamp-time. Many politicians indulge in slush fund money, make deals and do 'favours' for contributors. Many are in bed with the military industrial complex, or listen to bad advice from trusted nefarious two-faced profiteers... but never before has an administration so closely resembled an actual crime syndicate, with fascist playbook initiatives. I'm from NY, and we've always known Trump, and his mob connections/rivalry. This is the darkest hour for truth in our recent history. He sees the train coming, and instead of planning a relatively smooth getaway, he's priming his followers for a violent reaction. And some of them are going into action early (the nuttiest ones, white MAGA-loser males). If he can't win, he'd rather his country pay for it then thrive in any way.
    SDvlvcW.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Trump hasn t started any wars yet. Yet.
    Hope he remains that way, it has been a very, very long time for a US president to be able to claim that.
    Hope he remains that way, it has been a very, very long time for a US president to be able to claim that.

He's incited and condoned racism and violence. HIS war is against this country.
    chrisisall wrote: »

Did he or you declare that war?

He declared it, you saw him, but your brain has been successfully re-wired to not notice. The LEFTPHOBIA program has been surreptitiously installed. I suggest you uninstall all programs so that you may perceive clearly the events as they unfold.

He declared it, you saw him, but your brain has been successfully re-wired to not notice. The LEFTPHOBIA program has been surreptitiously installed. I suggest you uninstall all programs so that you may perceive clearly the events as they unfold.

Ha ha! All right.
    2MaIg31.png
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

I guess declaring 'the media' as enemy of the state is something on those lines.

btw the purpetrator at Amsterdam Central is an afghan with German residence permit. They're now trying to find out if he indeed wanted to kill in the name of Allah.
    Yes, Trump is doing that, Chris. And still children are not reunited with parents (against a mandatory court order, no less). And he incites violence towards all media and the "left". He lies about nearly everything.

Trump would happily start a war to distract; I do think so. Mattis is the one who curtailed him having the huge military parade (Trump even wanted tanks!). He installed Mattis mainly because he liked the nickname he heard about him: Mad Dog. (Though Mattis himself does not prefer that nickname). The main people pursuing the investigation into all of Trump's doings (including Russia) are mostly Republican.
    I have to have some basic faith in our system. Progress is being made, even though it was so slow at first.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 17,691

I guess declaring 'the media' as enemy of the state is something on those lines.
    He never said that. And if he did he was being sarcastic, or ironic or bombastic or silly. Or maybe they ARE an enemy of the state. Anyway, what about the corporate tax breaks that allowed them to buy their own stock and make our economy great again?!? No bubble here- look! A bird! What about the Mexicans on the nationwide drug & killing spree? Or Hillary's stockpile of enriched uranium she sold to the Russians while they were evil (but they're suddenly not anymore) she keeps in the basement of the pizza place along with the child sex slaves? Or her e-mail server? Media? Oh, yeah, they work for the deep state. That's kinda like deep-dish pizza, where bad things happen, deep down.

See? It's easy to think like Trump (or one of his supporters). ;) Just make no sense, deny, deflect, brainwash, repeat.

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    small update on the knife attack yesterday: it was a terrorist attack, Afghan was aiming for Americans.

Picture in the link of him beeing taken out.

https://www.telegraaf.nl/nieuws/2505560/in-beeld-politiekogel-stopt-afghaanse-messentrekker

It would be much easier to dismiss this as all
    lies if it wasn't some damn believable!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/04/bob-woodward-book-fear-donald-trump-white-house
    jobo wrote: »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/04/bob-woodward-book-fear-donald-trump-white-house

They probably had to leave OUT stuff that sounded too unbelievable. This is the not-so-bad stuff.
    jobo wrote: »

They probably had to leave OUT stuff that sounded too unbelievable. This is the not-so-bad stuff.

There is absolutely nothing in there you would not imagine to be true or envision the president doing. It all ties in with his public image and persona.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 12,459
    It is very believable. Woodward is very thorough, has credibility, sources are on tape.
    A source can exaggerate, sure. But I feel that he would have plenty of sources. I think the bulk of his writing is most likely fairly accurate (due to his experience and accomplishments). And I have not bought any book on Trump yet, but I am buying this one.

Much happening. Kavanaugh off to a deservedly shaky start. It is pitiful and completely wrong for him to be approved ... really there should be no confirmation hearing at all (because of Garland being blocked out entirely by the GOP while under Obama's term, and also because such a huge amount of Kavanaugh's history, his records, are not given to Congress for review). Much is hidden. Not even 40% has been allowed to come to light. But at least he is showing his true colors - so much redacted, hidden, and undisclosed. Also the priceless photo and video of him acting horribly (watch it for yourself) toward a father whose daughter was killed in the Parkland school shooting.

I do believe many of the GOP are hanging onto Trump primarily to pass legislation and get more very conservative judges installed throughout the country. None more important than on the Supreme Court.

Whoah. Stop. This is seriously messed up...
    And this ...
    Senator Feinstein had already introduced Mr. Guttenberg, acknowledged him to Congress earlier. Still all of this happened ...
    Yes, the white power sign for sure, Chris. How many times now flashed, on purpose, for provocation and just being generally racist a**h***s by White House staff? Plenty.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited September 2018 Posts: 8,525
    And this ...
    Senator Feinstein had already introduced Mr. Guttenberg, acknowledged him earlier.
    Still all of this happened ...

Wow-- these people are repugnant.

peter wrote: »

It's your right to vote for whom you want. But seriously, fellas (or, actually... singular), after almost two years of this, aren't you humble enough to say, "damn, I was wrong. This pig doesn't speak for me"?

Or is your silence telling us you still agree with the Fondler In Chief? Yet by saying nothing, nothing incriminating can be said about you?

That, at least, tells me something about you...

Not MY President. I didn't vote for this [really bad series of expletives] piece of [more bad expletives] waste of Human genome.

• peterpeter Toronto
    edited September 2018 Posts: 8,525
    edit

It's your right to vote for whom you want. But seriously, fellas (or, actually... singular), after almost two years of this, aren't you humble enough to say, "damn, I was wrong. This pig doesn't speak for me"?

Or is your silence telling us you still agree with the Fondler In Chief? Yet by saying nothing, nothing incriminating can be said about you?

That, at least, tells me something about you...

Not MY President. I didn't vote for this [really bad series of expletives] piece of [more bad expletives] waste of Human genome.

That was clear, @chrisisall ... And I mourn for all of my American friends who didn't vote for the Treason-Loving, Pussy-Grabber-In Chief!

The person I speak of-- a Trump lackey-- keyboard warrior (by his own omission)- knows who he is, and uses this site like Trump uses Twitter. He whips up his fan base (of five people), to do what Trump does: keep saying what he wants to be said over and over. His own "truth", so to speak...

Gotcha.
    We used to have an American Politics thread. It closed because, I think, of the acrimonous back and forth of people for Trump and those against him. We are lucky to have any "world event" thread that allows us to include politics at this point. My aim is to post information that has good sources and I do add my opinion at times, but I am trying to not strain my language to the point where what I say incites angry discourse on this thread. This is not my thread; I am glad it is here. Yes, we need to include all world events, what is happening.

I think my post above is the only time I have resorted to namecalling (with * thrown in), but I do not tolerate racism and certainly not extremist white supremist views. The Trump administration does have white supremists still working with Trump, fully on board, helping shape immigration and other policies (Stephen Miller). The woman in the recent photo casually throwing (and hold for long minutes) the white power gesture, sitting behind Kavanaugh, is a lawyer and works in the Trump administration with Stephen Miller.

I think it is important that these actions be shared. But I personally do not mean to bring about acrimonous arguments on this thread.

These photos and videos do speak for themselves, though.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Three killed, suspect dead after shooting in Cincinnati:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/06/us/cincinnati-active-shooter-report/index.html
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Thoughts and prayers.
    @Creasy47 I guess that's what the USA chose. so yeah, hardly thoughts, no prayers.
    ht

Ah, SMERSH. Fleming put some reality into his writing, for sure. And from his own experiences and environments.

I hope the conclusions are accurate and that there is some accountability.

This discussion has been closed.