CLOSED

Comments

• Hey, we can do BOTH!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Great news: Emollients case against Trump is allowed to move forward.

Sad display of worst traits in partisan American politics: the Kavanaugh Show.
    The GOP - what can one say? All of their warts, prejudices, uncaring about truth all on full display.

Of course the GOP want Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court. He is not impartial; he is a GOP hard liner with no remorse. His horrible temperament was a show for an audience of one: Trump. And that worked for him.

At the last moment, we had Senator Flake finally doing something (his track record on actions is abysmal ... makes fine statement then caves and goes along GOP party lines, no matter how "concerned" he is) ... so we have an FBI investigation.

Whether the FBI will be allowed to fully investigate is the next question. One week is normally not enough time. But I am hoping there is enough, and they are already prepared for this, so we shall see.

Kavanaugh is completely unfit to be a part of our Supreme Court. But the GOP has the majority and for many their dream to do away with previous laws and ruling is palpable and they know he would be not be fair. He would do his best (which is the worst) to put back the far right GOP stances. In no way should be be a Supreme Court Justice.

Supreme Court Justices can be impeached, though. But truly we need this to stop now.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Even beyond his guilt or innocence, Kavanaugh proved in yesterday's hearings that he absolutely cannot be impartial, and showed he'd make for a terrible confirmation to the SCOTUS.
    The United White mens states of America made their vote clear, women do not matter they lie should shut up and be pregnant. Because boys will be boys.
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    The Neo-Cons have almost taken over. US, Europe almost sown up. Next decade is going to be radical, scary and defining.
    Exactly, @chrisisall. Aside from the allegations, his whole history is too partisan and his temperament is completely wrong (as displayed) for a Supreme Court seat.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited September 2018 Posts: 17,691
    So.... Kavanaugh was palsy with Karl Rove... it all makes sense now. Nazis & Communists, taking over without a shot fired. That's been the GOP plan all along. Cash in & sell out. Russia & China get paid to let Nazis run America. That's the end game here as global resources dwindle and climate stability decreases.
    Mother Nature has seriously had enough x time for payback,and S.E Asia is getting the first attack it seems .
    Indonesia’s turn now. Awful . RIP to those killed.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 7,500
    SaintMark wrote: »
    The United White mens states of America made their vote clear, women do not matter they lie should shut up and be pregnant. Because boys will be boys.

More like 'United white men above the age of 50'...
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Thoughts and fears for our neighbors in Indonesia.
    What devastating news.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Terrible news.
    Now the Greek islands are being targeted too...
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 7,500
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Even beyond his guilt or innocence, Kavanaugh proved in yesterday's hearings that he absolutely cannot be impartial, and showed he'd make for a terrible confirmation to the SCOTUS.

To be fair we already knew that. The reason he was nominated is so he can be Trump´s and McConnels pawn (term carefully chosen) in a political game of pushing extreme right wing policies. I think no one, the GOP included, expected his defence on thursday to be so bad. But it doesn´t matter, obviously. You can get away with anything these days and the fanatic Republican base will support it no matter what.
    Another 4 dead in Indonesia,still counting.
    Poor Indonesia. They were hammered. Could be over a thousand dead...
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Poor Indonesia. They were hammered. Could be over a thousand dead...

Nature is doing her rounds my friend...so sad..
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Still have 'the man who sold the world'in my head every time I see Trump. Feeling for those Indonesians. Love the country and its people, this is a terrible disaster. 384 dead now.
    Indonesia ... my heart goes out to everyone there. I think the death toll will keep climbing. Such a huge natural disaster.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/death-toll-soars-past-800-in-indonesia-earthquake-tsunami/2018/09/30/70b8aeda-c417-11e8-9451-e878f96be19b_story.html?utm_term=.ed267c8c2deb
    Rescue work is very difficult and the number of people who have died is still climbing. Just so sad.
    edited October 2018 Posts: 12,459
    There are some important things happening in U.S. politics. I am mostly letting things develop without posting here. But this is something I wanted to bring to attention.

The NY Times has an expose that seems to be well researched and is getting a lot of attention. That is good ... however, I want to say they should have printed this before the 2016 election. All the facts were there to find at that time. They did not. In fact, the NY Times has a lot to answer for regarding their reporting during the campaign and since the election. This almost seems like they (owner/chief editor) are trying to make amends. Perhaps see the writing on the wall and want to be on the right side of history after all. Anyway, here is this:

NY State looking into this. There is no pardon for Trump for State crimes.
    Let's hope this all proceeds through the legal system to a fair conclusion.
    (Fair meaning if someone not famous had done these things; prosecute according to the law all the way through.)

Donald Trump has laundered money, committed tax fraud, for decades. I hope this all comes out and is thoroughly prosecuted. This expose starts with Trump's father but clearly shows the president's involvement in ongoing fraud.

That is a lot to read if you want to. The NY Times article has several links to click into, for in depth coverage.
  • I was a bit surprised to see so little coverage of Trump's financial chicanery and ties to Russian money back before the election. Better late than never I suppose -- but the US media is definitely coming to this story far later than they should have. Oh, and BTW: Brett Kavanaugh has no business being considered for the Supreme Court. The harder he goes down the more he'll deserve it.
    I was a bit surprised to see so little coverage of Trump's financial chicanery and ties to Russian money back before the election. Better late than never I suppose -- but the US media is definitely coming to this story far later than they should have. Oh, and BTW: Brett Kavanaugh has no business being considered for the Supreme Court. The harder he goes down the more he'll deserve it.

OH YEAH! On BOTH points.
    So ... yes to this.

AND meanwhile, Trump is holding rallies and spouting his usual verbage. This time with the added "fun" of mocking a brave sexually assaulted woman who testified with poise and dignity.

I know I could go on, so many examples of Trump's behaior, but I won't. The NY Times news is very newsworthy, though. The Kavanaugh confirmation hearing ... I will wait to see what the FBI actually reports before posting on that. Of course, Trump and the GOP have tried to limit them greatly.
    It makes me suspicious. There is one thing they say Trump actually understands, and that is the art of manipulation the media. So now this case of tax fraud pops up, yet the main head line in most of the major news papers is Trump mocking Ford, not the serious crime allegations. A coincidence? Maybe.

Acting like a douchebag he has gutten away with before. Tax fraud conviction is another matter.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    jobo wrote: »
    It makes me suspicious. There is one thing they say Trump actually understands, and that is the art of manipulation the media. So now this case of tax fraud pops up, yet the main head line in most of the major news papers is Trump mocking Ford, not the serious crime allegations. A coincidence? Maybe.

Acting like a douchebag he has gutten away with before. Tax fraud conviction is another matter.
    Nope, not his 'skill', but the media whom know they sell better when they cover the mockery story then his fraud. It all comes down to a lack of education of the whole populace. And a complete bankrupt of moral standing with all politicians.

Photo-1-for-story-on-Trump-tweet-truck-by-Eddie-Robinson_Courtesy-of-Antonio-Arellano-1000x709.jpg

So the final vote on confirming Kavanaugh to the U.S. Supreme Court will be held Sunday.
    No major witnesses interviewed. This was done like a basic, quick "backgound check" and not an in depth investigation.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I have no opinion whatsoever on this potential judge character, but again I sense a lot of hipocricy flying around.
    Basically, Kavanaugh is in. The investigation was under tight restrictions and very limited. It will also be ignored anyway. They NEED him in. They are like a wounded animal and fighting for their lives. He's their only hope, being the authortiarian semi-sociopath that he is. He will vote to overturn rulings that state convictions cannot be pardoned federally. He's their "get out of jail free" card. At this point, the GOP at the highest levels is basically made up of LITERAL traitors to the United States Of America. Putin is getting what he paid for... sadly.
  • I keep hoping that it's not too late to toss the traitors out... all it takes is a couple of Republicans to put country ahead of party for once...
This discussion has been closed.