Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

Anchor man, great movie.

Just saw this the other night. Really funny film.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 5,745
    "Ten Little Indians" is the best of those 4 titles IMHO. It was shot at a hotel in pre-Mohammedan revolution Iran and reteamed Elke with Herbert Lom from "A Shot In The Dark". It also featurers Bond series vets Adolfo Celi and Gert Frobe.

I read the book in like 7th grade and I remember it was the best piece of writing I could remember. Back then it was hard for me to find something I felt worth reading, and Agatha delivered. Luckily, I don't remember who did it, so I'll be checking this film out, and then re-reading the book :)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Before I Am Omega, before I Am Legend, before The Omega Man, there was...

The Last Man On Earth (1964)

ef9c1ad64fac835f989f7d431ced738b.jpg

Dr Robert Morgan (Vincent Price) is the survivor of a plague that has turned mankind into vampire like creatures. By night, Morgan stays in his boarded up house, by day, Morgan goes out in search of weapons & supplies. Price was so good in this, i'm almost angry at the ending, but I guess that was the point.

Vinent Price
    1. Theatre Of Blood (1973)
    2. The Oblong Box (1969)
    **3. The Last Man On Earth (1964) NE**
    4. The Witchfinder General (1968)
    5. House On Haunted Hill (1959)
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    40-Year Old Virgin.

It was long ago since i laughed so much about a movie, Steve Carrell is just hilarious in everything he does!
    The last crusade, currently watching Kingdom of the crystal skull. One of those is a great movie :)
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Robin Hood (2010)

Didn't like it the first time I watched it, back in 2010, but the second time I loved it!
  • i watched T.S.W.L.M
    The Searchers first time i have seen this movie. thought it was excellent, not a john wayne fan so avoided his films. Think i will check a few more of his classic films out after watching this.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The Searchers first time i have seen this movie. thought it was excellent, not a john wayne fan so avoided his films. Think i will check a few more of his classic films out after watching this.
    OH HELL NO.

It's Good Friday, so how about an old fashioned death by crucifixion?!
    >:)
    I watched TMWTGG again, for the first time in 4 days or something. Before that I watched DAD.
    Watched American Gangster again the other night. Riddley Scott at his directing best.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Took my chances with PRIMER. Will need to see it more often before fully grasping what goes on but man, this film feels like it was made for me.

primerposter.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I saw 'Primer' not too long ago... good film, but a tad too talky for my taste... and as you, I didn't grasp everything that was going on, so maybe I'll need to watch it again.
    Just watched revenge of the sith, best of the recent trilogy by quite a distance.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Watched 'The Strangers' last night. Saw it in theaters when it came out, and haven't seen it since; totally forgot how eerie it is. Not a huge fan of Speedman or Tyler, but I'm really sold on the eerie atmosphere presented.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Watched 'The Strangers' last night. Saw it in theaters when it came out, and haven't seen it since; totally forgot how eerie it is. Not a huge fan of Speedman or Tyler, but I'm really sold on the eerie atmosphere presented.

An uncomfortable film indeed and Tomandandy's score adds much to the atmosphere I'd say. I like The Strangers very much.
    I saw 'Primer' not too long ago... good film, but a tad too talky for my taste... and as you, I didn't grasp everything that was going on, so maybe I'll need to watch it again.

I think this is actually one of its strongest points. 'Hard' science fiction shouldn't be understood at once, unless one is a genius. I'm no genius but I am a scientist and as such I'm drawn to films where at least the applied methodology in the story is scientifically accurate, or where events take place which could be considered realistic in some sense. Primer vigorously labours to establish a very realistic feeling, even in dealing with one of the most fantastical concepts in science fiction: time travel. I give it a lot of props for the mere fact of said realism alone. And I'm sure that upon multiple viewings, I will better be able to explain the film. In a sense, this is like studying physics or chemistry. Some things you don't fully get the first time yet as you dig deeper into them, you gradually uncover the big picture.

Wrath of khan directors edition. One of my favourite movie's.

What is different from the regular edition?
    The Long Good Friday, appropriately enough, saw it a few hours ago, and it's a really good watch, but not for kids. Pierce Brosnan appears in it too in what I think was his first screen appearance. Easily one of the finest and best films the United Kingdom has ever produced, the ending stays with you long after the film has run it's course. I've seen it about half a dozen times now and still have trouble sometimes understanding what certain characters are actually saying or refering to, but still a very good watch

1181849.jpg
    SaintMark wrote:

What is different from the regular edition?

There are a number of scenes added, a stand out moment is when spock is talking about the human ego to savik and the camera pans in on kirk sitting in the captains chair on the bridge. Also it is revealed that the young engineers mate that dies is scottys nephew, there is a extra scene where kirk winds up scottys nephew about the state of the engine room.
  • DarthDimi wrote:
    Took my chances with PRIMER. Will need to see it more often before fully grasping what goes on but man, this film feels like it was made for me.

primerposter.jpg

I've been wanting to see that film for a few months now! trying to get a DVD copy in the UK if there is one. I mainly want to see it because it was made on a budget of just $7,000, and is an independent film, but it also seems like a very interesting 'time machine' movie, and I hear that you have to watch it more than once, which also always attracts me.
    Just watched Nightmare on Elm Street (remake). It's ok I guess, the new effects are cool, but I like the original better.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,639
    Poppers penguins 4.5/6 , enjoyable comedy with Carrey who decides to live with penguins in his flat.

Week with Marilyn 4.5/6 , saw it sans sound on the plane.....pretty good.

Spider Man 4.5/6 , pretty good even though I'm not a Marvel fan.....wrestler Macho Mans cameo was fun , God rest his soul. Defoe was good as the villain.

Toy Story 4.5/6 , it's funny when Lightyr refuses to admit he's a toy. TS3 was pretty good too , haven't seen TS2 yet.

Bridge over river Kwai 5/6 , very good although in real life the Japanese camp boss wan't quite that mean.

Butch Sundance 4.5/6 , Redford and Newman has good chamistry together.

All in all these makes for a good time.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Finished 'The Human Centipede 2: Full Sequence' a few hours ago, and wow. Just when I thought that the first one was extremely disgusting and couldn't be topped, I had to see this. Laurence R. Harvey plays an excellent villain, and the usage of black-and-white made the scenes so much more dark and eerie looking. The gore level was, of course, at its highest, with some really 'in your face' type torture scenes.

Granted, for the truly faint of heart, I wouldn't recommend this. But, if you have Netflix Play Now and have ninety minutes to spare, give it a shot. I guarantee it won't bore you, that's for sure.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Finished 'The Human Centipede 2: Full Sequence' a few hours ago, and wow. Just when I thought that the first one was extremely disgusting and couldn't be topped, I had to see this. Laurence R. Harvey plays an excellent villain, and the usage of black-and-white made the scenes so much more dark and eerie looking. The gore level was, of course, at its highest, with some really 'in your face' type torture scenes.

Granted, for the truly faint of heart, I wouldn't recommend this. But, if you have Netflix Play Now and have ninety minutes to spare, give it a shot. I guarantee it won't bore you, that's for sure.

I so agree. This little dude is just nasty but boy, does he know what type of film he's in! :) He almost surpasses Dieter Laser from the first movie. Weirdest moment in the entire film:
    when the escaping lady delivers the baby and then squashes it with her car pedal.

I just finished watching Harry Brown. Michael Caine is the king of cool!

Harry-brown-michael-caine-emfl-01.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2012 Posts: 15,690
    I love Harry Brown !! :-bd
    edited April 2012 Posts: 23,548
    Harry Brown takes advantage of the old 'sweet revenge' plot that many films use as the backbone to their story. In the first act you make us sympathise with a character and then put said character through tremendous misery. In the second act, the character needs to recover and begin planning his retaliation. The third and most satisfying act in these films has the main character go out and take out the trash. Happens in the notorious rape-revenge films (I Spit On Your Grave, The Last House On The Left (with minor changes in the main character(s) from the second act onwards)) and it also happens in this film.

That said, I think we can all easily recognize gang violence as a realistic and perfectly detestable issue in our times. Some of us might have dealt with it one way or another and some of us - who knows - might actually be one the animals with a gang themed hooded jacket. ;-) In any case, it allows the film to play into our personal conciousness and what more can we ask for but for a fairly seasoned man to start a vigilante crusade against a bunch of no-good punks. Especially with last Summer's riots still fresh in mind, it's easy for this film to get me to making a fist and cry 'go, Harry, yeah!' about ten times. :)

Can I say, we need more Harries! ;-)
    The top 6 badass old people in films.

6- Harrison Ford, Indiana Jones 4 (would be higher if the film was better)

5- Sean Connery in the Rock

4- Sylvester Stallone in Rambo

3- Bruce Willis in Die Hard 4

2- Sylvester Stallone in The Expendables

1- Micheal Caine in Harry Brown
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

NO CLINT EASTWOOD?! Just shameful! Knock Sylvester off there once, since he doesn't need two places, put Sean and Clint at a tie for 1 IN EVERYTHING THEY'RE IN, and Bruce gets the 2nd spot, followed by Harrison in just Indies 1-3, then Stallone and Caine. That's how I'd list it anyway. Point is, leaving out CLINT EASTWOOD (and yes, his name is worthy of capitals every time I type it) is complete blasphemy.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837

NO CLINT EASTWOOD?! Just shameful! Knock Sylvester off there once, since he doesn't need two places, put Sean and Clint at a tie for 1 IN EVERYTHING THEY'RE IN, and Bruce gets the 2nd spot, followed by Harrison in just Indies 1-3, then Stallone and Caine. That's how I'd list it anyway. Point is, leaving out CLINT EASTWOOD (and yes, his name is worthy of capitals every time I type it) is complete blasphemy.

Somebody likes Clint Eastwood don't they ;) And I wouldn't say Sean was badass in everything, in Indy 3 he was sort of useless. And I can't put Harrison on for just Indy 1 to 3, because this is when they're actually old.

Also, forgot to add on Jackie Chan. When he's not doing crappy American comedies (I'm lookin at you Spy Next Door), he proves that he's still got it.