Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

'Dr. No & From Russia With Love' double feature

First time this year. Been keeping a break from Bond.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    SharkBait wrote:
    'Dr. No & From Russia With Love' double feature

First time this year. Been keeping a break from Bond.

A great double-bill to come back on, that's for certain!
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 6,432
    Columbo: Murder by the book. directed by Steven Spielberg There were 2 previous pilots though this was the first episode of season one. One of my favourite Columbo's.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    300px-ZARDOZ.jpg

That was... different. 8-}

Charlotte Rampling:
    1. Under The Sand (2000)
    2. The Night Porter (1974)
    3. Swimming Pool (2003)
    4. Lemming (2005)
    5. Flesh Of The Orchid (1975)
    6. Summer Things (2002)
    7. Superstition (2001)
    8. The Keys To The House (2004)
    9. Georgy Girl (1967)
    10. Immortal Ad Vitam (2004)
    11. Farewell My Lovely (1975)
    12. Stardust Memories (1980)
    13. The Verdict (1982)
    14. Orca (1977)
    15. Max Man Amour (1986)
    16. Asylum (1972)
    **17. Zardoz (1974) NE**
    18. The Duchess (2008)
    19. Street Dance (2010)
    20. Babylon A.D. (2008)
    21. Boogie Woogie (2009)
    22. Hammers Over The Anvil (1993)
    23. Life During Wartime (2009)
    24. The Knack And How To Get It (1965)
    25. The Damned (1969)
    26. Basic Instinct 2 (2006)
    Double feature
    The_Bridge_on_the_River_Kwai_poster.jpg
    Ipcress_File_poster.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2012 Posts: 15,692
    DarthDimi wrote:
    video-film-battleship-trailer_timrh_1.jpg

Seems like Belgium got an early première. ;-) It's a very entertaining film. Don't expect great cinema but more like a fun, action packed roller-coaster ride.

DarthDimi, could you tell me if Liam friggen Neeson survives the entire film ? The film looks awful, and I don't want to sit through 2+ hours of this if Liam god Neeson dies after 20 minutes.....
    DarthDimi wrote:
    video-film-battleship-trailer_timrh_1.jpg

Seems like Belgium got an early première. ;-) It's a very entertaining film. Don't expect great cinema but more like a fun, action packed roller-coaster ride.

DarthDimi, could you tell me if Liam friggen Neeson survives the entire film ? The film looks awful, and I don't want to sit through 2+ hours of this if Liam god Neeson dies after 20 minutes.....

I wouldn't go and see it. Neeson survives the entire film but isn't in it alot. There was a big gap without him so I assumed his character had died in one of the explosions.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Thanks @thelivingroyale

Shame that Neeson can't kick some major alien butts during the entire film !!
    Thanks @thelivingroyale

Neeson didn't kill any aliens at all, he was barely in the action. And I only went to see it because of him!
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    The Sum of All Fears

Good movie but I think it's probably the worst Jack Ryan film.
    I got Waterloo today in the mail :) The entire casing is in Russian, but the film is in English. Don't have time to watch it now, but seriously can't wait.

Anybody have any reviews?
    AVTAK, and TWINE before that. AVTAK is a great Bond film, and TWINE is very uneven.
    @007RM do you ever watch non-Bond films ?
    @007RM do you ever watch non-Bond films ?

Almost never. Only with others (about every 3 years) and those are Rambo, Die Hard or movies with Stallone and his action rivals. I watch Bond alot.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 115
    Watched Short Time (1990) this morning. Although the plotline is quite dark in where a retiring jobsworth police officier is told by his doctor he might die and the only way to provide for his family once he's gone is by getting killed in the line of fire, it was an enjoyable film with a few laughs as he tries to get killed only to come out of each situation unharmed and a hero. It also makes you appreciate life more as you watch him make the best of his time left with his family and having the life he couldn't have due to being a workaholic. Certainly worth a watch.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Thanks @thelivingroyale

Wait for the sequel, I'd say. ;-)

Nah, you needn't watch this film unless you go for cheap entertainment. I'm sorry but there are some funny moments in the film. Just leave your brains at home when you intend to see it. ;-)

• edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Thanks @thelivingroyale

Wait for the sequel, I'd say. ;-)

Nah, you needn't watch this film unless you go for cheap entertainment. I'm sorry but there are some funny moments in the film. Just leave your brains at home when you intend to see it. ;-)

I didn't really like the film, but yeah there were 1 or 2 funny bits. Alot of people are comparing it to Transformers, it's similar but I think it's a little bit better.
    those are Rambo, Die Hard or movies with Stallone and his action rivals.

You have good taste :) My favourite films are action films. I also like spy films, horror films and martial arts films.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2012 Posts: 28,694
    300px-ZARDOZ.jpg

That was... different. 8-}

Charlotte Rampling:
    1. Under The Sand (2000)
    2. The Night Porter (1974)
    3. Swimming Pool (2003)
    4. Lemming (2005)
    5. Flesh Of The Orchid (1975)
    6. Summer Things (2002)
    7. Superstition (2001)
    8. The Keys To The House (2004)
    9. Georgy Girl (1967)
    10. Immortal Ad Vitam (2004)
    11. Farewell My Lovely (1975)
    12. Stardust Memories (1980)
    13. The Verdict (1982)
    14. Orca (1977)
    15. Max Man Amour (1986)
    16. Asylum (1972)
    **17. Zardoz (1974) NE**
    18. The Duchess (2008)
    19. Street Dance (2010)
    20. Babylon A.D. (2008)
    21. Boogie Woogie (2009)
    22. Hammers Over The Anvil (1993)
    23. Life During Wartime (2009)
    24. The Knack And How To Get It (1965)
    25. The Damned (1969)
    26. Basic Instinct 2 (2006)

No Spy Game??
    1242263F4DB3D26C2006E0
    I am slowing weening into Bogie's stuff, but have been impress before I even watched this. It has the simplicity of old style cinema: films that didn't have to be about things exploding or cleavage every ten seconds to be worthwhile. Humphrey is great as Dixon Steele, a screenwriter with a darker side that we see in small bursts across the very thrilling noir film. Gloria Grahame is great, my first time seeing her on screen and I am equally impressed. The film builds beautifully with suspects for the murder of Mildred Atkinson, of which Dixon becomes in a series of consequences. Up until the end everything is up in the air, and it doesn't disappoint. This films is a great window to the human psyche and why we do the things we do, love the things we love, and how we find that sometimes it is too late to salvage love from a broken relationship. I recommend this highly to anyone a fan of Bogie, old style films, and noir fans in general.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    No Spy Game??

I have not seen Spy Game yet.
    edited April 2012 Posts: 28,694
    No Spy Game??

Very underrated film, but a great performance from Robert Redford as usual, and a great onscreen chemistry between him and Brad Pitt. Highly recommended, especially for fellow espionage fans. And this is a James Bond forum, so I am sure you are one. ;)
    No Spy Game??

Very underrated film, but a great performance from Robert Redford as usual, and a great onscreen chemistry between him and Brad Pitt. Highly recommended, especially for fellow espionage fans. And this is a James Bond forum, so I am sure you are one. ;)

Well I really want to see Cleanskin. Bean as a tough experienced agent like Bond used to be, with Rampling as his superior. B-)
    Well I really want to see Cleanskin. Bean as a tough experienced agent like Bond used to be, with Rampling as his superior. B-)

I can't wait for that film !
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 6,432
    The Hunted. Directed by William Friedkin. Starring Tommy Lee Jones, Benicio
    Del Toro. Worth a watch if you have never seen it, excellent movie. The film i would probably compare it too is first blood. Its brutal and realistic, has quite alot of elements that would not be out of place in a good bond movie.
    The Core

thecore2.jpg

It's science fiction, and officially it's hard science fiction - my kind of SF - but it's enjoyably wrong in many of its scientific explanations. That said, I kinda like this kind of OTT SF films. So, here here, I'm giving this one a huge pass. ;-)

• edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Watched the 1st Childs Play film again today. Chucky is STILL scary.
    Watched the 1st Childs Play film again today. Chucky is STILL scary.

Excellent choice. Great fun also to see Chris - Vampire Jerry - Sarandon in this film. Bride Of Chucky beats the other ones IMO but the first film is still quite good. ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote:
    The Core

thecore2.jpg

It's science fiction, and officially it's hard science fiction - my kind of SF - but it's enjoyably wrong in many of its scientific explanations. That said, I kinda like this kind of OTT SF films. So, here here, I'm giving this one a huge pass. ;-)

I love this film ! The plot it ludicrous and the scientific explanations are utterly comical, but the film is just so much fun !! And the characters so cool and likable, especially Dr. Serge Leveque played by Tcheky Karyo !!
    edited April 2012 Posts: 23,588
    I'm a Stanley Tucci fan myself and I thought his character rocked in the film.

I use portions of this film in class to illustrate certain physical concepts. ;-)
    'The core of earth is the size of Mars'

I was 12 when I first saw this film, and that line made me burst into laughter