Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2012 Posts: 28,694
    The top 6 badass old people in films.

6- Harrison Ford, Indiana Jones 4 (would be higher if the film was better)

5- Sean Connery in the Rock

4- Sylvester Stallone in Rambo

3- Bruce Willis in Die Hard 4

2- Sylvester Stallone in The Expendables

1- Micheal Caine in Harry Brown

NO CLINT EASTWOOD?! Just shameful! Knock Sylvester off there once, since he doesn't need two places, put Sean and Clint at a tie for 1 IN EVERYTHING THEY'RE IN, and Bruce gets the 2nd spot, followed by Harrison in just Indies 1-3, then Stallone and Caine. That's how I'd list it anyway. Point is, leaving out CLINT EASTWOOD (and yes, his name is worthy of capitals every time I type it) is complete blasphemy.

Somebody likes Clint Eastwood don't they ;) And I wouldn't say Sean was badass in everything, in Indy 3 he was sort of useless. And I can't put Harrison on for just Indy 1 to 3, because this is when they're actually old.

Also, forgot to add on Jackie Chan. When he's not doing crappy American comedies (I'm lookin at you Spy Next Door), he proves that he's still got it.

How can you not like CLINT EASTWOOD?! And Sean in Last Crusade "useless"? The man took down a German plane with just seagulls! The man is so badass he and CLINT both break the meter! Both CLINT and Sean started badass lists in the first place.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    No Liam Neeson in Taken ?

NO CLINT EASTWOOD?! Just shameful! Knock Sylvester off there once, since he doesn't need two places, put Sean and Clint at a tie for 1 IN EVERYTHING THEY'RE IN, and Bruce gets the 2nd spot, followed by Harrison in just Indies 1-3, then Stallone and Caine. That's how I'd list it anyway. Point is, leaving out CLINT EASTWOOD (and yes, his name is worthy of capitals every time I type it) is complete blasphemy.

Somebody likes Clint Eastwood don't they ;) And I wouldn't say Sean was badass in everything, in Indy 3 he was sort of useless. And I can't put Harrison on for just Indy 1 to 3, because this is when they're actually old.

Also, forgot to add on Jackie Chan. When he's not doing crappy American comedies (I'm lookin at you Spy Next Door), he proves that he's still got it.

How can you not like CLINT EASTWOOD?! And Sean in Last Crusade "useless"? The man took down a German plane with just seagulls! The man is so badass he and CLINT both break the meter! Both CLINT and Sean started badass lists in the first place.

I like Clint Eastwood, I just don't think he's that badass as an old person. And sean may have taken down a German Plane, but he also took down their own plane.

I was going to include him but he's not really that old (or doesn't seem it to me)
    1. Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry in DH 1-5
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DING DING DING, or Liam in EVERYTHING!

I like Clint Eastwood, I just don't think he's that badass as an old person. And sean may have taken down a German Plane, but he also took down their own plane.
    Just because you are old doesn't mean you can't be badass. Christ man, open your eyes. CLINT has been badass all his life, whether it is catching a bounty or tying his boots. You obviously haven't seen Gran Torino, one of CLINT's most badass roles in his later years.

I was going to include him but he's not really that old (or doesn't seem it to me)

Why is this going on age? Badass has no age limit!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I agree about Neeson for sure.

Also, Reno in Léon and DeNiro in HEAT anybody?

01975646-photo-jean-reno-et-natalie-portman-dans-leon.jpg

heat.jpg
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 5,745
    I love Harry Brown !! :-bd

Indeed!
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I agree about Neeson for sure.

Also, Reno in Léon and DeNiro in HEAT anybody?

And both in Ronin!
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Why is this going on age? Badass has no age limit!

Because my list was of badass old people in films. So appearing in films, in their old age, and being badass. If it was just a list of badasses I'd have a ton of other guys, like Timothy Dalton, Bruce Lee, Al Pacino, Matt Damon, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Pierce Brosnan, Daniel Craig, Uma Thurman, Liam Neeson, Samuel Jackson, Chow-Yun Fat, and more.
    Ronin! You're so right, sir. Ronin was a fabulous film and quite the cast it had. Too bad they wasted Sean Bean in that film, or so I think. Speaking of which, I rather thought Sean Bean was badass in Patriot Games. But then of course on the wrong side of the good/bad spectrum. ;-)
    How about Sly in Cobra? Dolph Lundgren in Missionary Man? Or Clint Eastwood in Ghost Rider? Arnold in Commando? Jason Statham in Transporter 1-3 and Crank.
    Don't forget Charlie Bronson ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Sean Bean looks pretty badass in CleanSkin !!
    I go with Jason Statham in Transporter, Michael Douglas in Falling Down, Bruce Willis in Die Hard, Steven Segal in Marked for death, Wesley Snipes in Blade, Arnie in Commando, Clint in Dirty Harry, Swayze in Roadhouse, Jean Claude in AWOL. The list can go on but I will stop there
    edited April 2012 Posts: 23,591
    How about Sly in Cobra? Dolph Lundgren in Missionary Man? Or Clint Eastwood in Ghost Rider? Arnold in Commando? Jason Statham in Transporter 1-3 and Crank.

Eastwood is in Ghost Rider? Don't you mean Pale Rider? ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote:

Eastwood is in Ghost Rider? Don't you mean Pale Rider? ;-)

Oh yes, that´s it. I had almost forgotten about about the name and remembered that he was a ghost and the name ended with Rider, so Pale Rider became Ghost Rider.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    If Eastwood & Bronson qualify, then so too should this fella...

tumblr_l658rsS4h01qcs4zto1_500.jpg

That my friends, is a true badass. All hail the Mitch.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Insidious. An average but I have to say, scary film! Has anyone here seen it?

A sequel is coming out next year. Booooooooooooooooooo!
    I have. Rather enjoyed it. Not as effective as the recent Hammer revival film 'The Woman In Black' IMO, but very good nonetheless.
    The Woman In Black is an even better film and is also getting a sequel - why?! Albeit with a different cast, unlike Insidious.
    A sequel? Really? I thought
    everything had come full circle in the end...
    Y'know who's really badass...

Raid.jpg

Iko Uwais. Indonesian martial artist and actor. He's the star of the awesome action film Merantau, and the upcoming film The Raid: Redemption (out now if you're in the US but in the UK we have to wait). Both films have the same director.
    Die Hard 4.0 - still an excellent actioner and with Bruce Willis as McClane there is always something too enjoy.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    A sequel? Really? I thought
    everything had come full circle in the end...

I agree but being with a new cast it picks up 40 years later and is about a new couple and the experience they have when they encounter the same eerie house. It's called The Woman In Black: Angels Of Death and will be written by Jon Croker, who worked as a story editor on the first film. I would guess it will be out by 2014.
    SaintMark wrote:
    Die Hard 4.0 - still an excellent actioner and with Bruce Willis as McClane there is always something too enjoy.

I agree and am one of the few actually looking forward to A Good Day To Die Hard, next year.
    Maykl_Kollinz_Michael_Collins_1996_HDTVRip_kinopoisk.ru-Michael-Collins-1238442--o--.jpg
    A really strong, emotional film. You start knowing what will happen with Michael, but you never know how along the way. I don't know too much about the 700 year fight for independence Ireland led against Britain, but I'm happy to say I learned a lot more about it from this film. The actors are all great, say what you want about Julia's accent, and Liam is as always, spectacular. A great historical film that carries it weight in both educating you about the legacy of Michael as well as moving you as a viewer. I highly recommend this one.
    I love that film, @0Brady !! but I haven't seen in recently - a viewing is in order !!
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    darkest_hour_ver3_xxlg.jpg

Decent flick. Very different alien invasion theme.
    I love that film, @0Brady !! but I haven't seen in recently - a viewing is in order !!
    Yes, I surprisingly found it on YouTube, along with tons of Hitchcock and Marilyn Monroe films. Rest assured I have a lot of films to get through. But, I like a challenge, especially when movies are involved. ;)

Yes, I surprisingly found it on YouTube, along with tons of Hitchcock and Marilyn Monroe films. Rest assured I have a lot of films to get through. But, I like a challenge, especially when movies are involved. ;)

For some reason alot of films have suddenly popped up on youtube, I was watching Drunken Master on there the other day, oldschool Jackie Chan.

Which brings me to the last film I watched, also Chinese.

schermobianco.blogspot.co.uk

The mission. Action packed crime film. Very good. I'm sad to hear that there will be an American remake, because that will definetly ruin it.
    video-film-battleship-trailer_timrh_1.jpg

Seems like Belgium got an early première. ;-) It's a very entertaining film. Don't expect great cinema but more like a fun, action packed roller-coaster ride.