"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Good young player who just hasn’t managed to cut it at LFC. Think he could be a good midfield signing for Rosenberg. Played in the win over Man U last night.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,295
    Good young player who just hasn’t managed to cut it at LFC. Think he could be a good midfield signing for Rosenberg. Played in the win over Man U last night.

Good to hear! Rosenborg is apparently paying a league record fee if the deal goes through, so hopefully he's one to take that midfield a step further. The guy who broke the news on Twitter wrote that Liverpool will insist on a buy-back option. Here's the tweet:
    Even though this came out of nowhere, I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise (fee aside), as Stig Inge Bjørnebye is Rosenborg's sports director. He's probably using his Liverpool connection for what it's worth!
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,295
    Sunderland opening their League One season with giving away a penalty within the first ten minutes!
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool

Good to hear! Rosenborg is apparently paying a league record fee if the deal goes through, so hopefully he's one to take that midfield a step further. The guy who broke the news on Twitter wrote that Liverpool will insist on a buy-back option. Here's the tweet:
    Even though this came out of nowhere, I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise (fee aside), as Stig Inge Bjørnebye is Rosenborg's sports director. He's probably using his Liverpool connection for what it's worth!

Im sure i read the player turned the move down.
    DCisared wrote: »

Im sure i read the player turned the move down.

Yeah, he only wanted to play in England or Spain, apparently. Rosenborg really needs strengthening, and the signing of Chirivella could have been a good addition. Really unsure what they can pull out of the hat now; Rosenborg have looked away from finding a new manager until they've sorted out player transfers, which says a lot.
    Unlucky first match for Steven Gerrard there.
    Rangers down to 10 men after 13 minutes,got a penalty and went 1-0 up, played really really well against a disappointing Aberdeen,and let in a goal in the 93rd minute !

But tactically very good by Gerrard and McAllister,it will be interesting to see how they get on but its looking good atm.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Rangers down to 10 men after 13 minutes,got a penalty and went 1-0 up, played really really well against a disappointing Aberdeen,and let in a goal in the 93rd minute !

But tactically very good by Gerrard and McAllister,it will be interesting to see how they get on but its looking good atm.

Switched on just before the penalty. Looked like the better team then. Turned over to the pre-match coverage of the Community Shield at half-time, and didn't see the second half. Wonder if any team can get close to challenging Celtic.

Switched on just before the penalty. Looked like the better team then. Turned over to the pre-match coverage of the Community Shield at half-time, and didn't see the second half. Wonder if any team can get close to challenging Celtic.

Not this season i think...

Would be surprising, I guess. How's Rangers budget compared to Celtic? Must be quite the gap?
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 19,339

Would be surprising, I guess. How's Rangers budget compared to Celtic? Must be quite the gap?

Yep...afraid so.

Aberdeen will play better next time im sure,they did have an extra time battle against Burnley only last Thursday,they looked fatigued at times.

Yep...afraid so.

Aberdeen will play better next time im sure,they did have an extra time battle against Burnley only last Thursday,they looked fatigued at times.

Nobody want extra time against Burnley - no wonder if they looked fatigued!

Yep...afraid so.

But to be fair they never gave up,hence the goal in stoppage time,so thats encouraging.

Yep...afraid so.

But to be fair they never gave up,hence the goal in stoppage time,so thats encouraging.

That shows character, as they say. I bet the Aberdeen fans liked that, even though they played with one man more to be fair.
    They did ...as their manager McGuinnes said ,if they play badly or are tired at least dont lose the game.
    They did ...as their manager McGuinnes said ,if they play badly or are tired at least dont lose the game.

That's important for sure. Don't waste the opportunity to grab one point if not all three.
    Leeds v Stoke kicks off in 15 mins...should be interesting.

Have to watch that. First league game with Marcelo Bielsa for Leeds, as well.

Exactly...kick off imminent !!

Wonder how Stoke will look like this season!

It's kicked off..time to find out,Torg !

It's kicked off..time to find out,Torg !

Stoke should be happy they still have Butland. Leeds close there!
    2-0 at half-time. Quality by Leeds so far.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2018 Posts: 23,394
    Man United v Bayern Munich It's our final preseason game at the Allianz Arena starting shortly, Sanchez has been looking sharp hopefully he will get a goal or two tonight.
    Man United v Bayern Munich It's our final preseason game at the Allianz Arena starting shortly, Sanchez has been looking sharp hopefully he will get a goal or two tonight.

Given what happened at Arsenal, I hope he doesn't :))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2018 Posts: 23,394

Ha ha in preseason he looks a different player to the lacklustre start he had at United last January, the extended summer break has brought freshness to his game. Early on we will need Sanchez firing, due to players being at the WC.

Ha ha in preseason he looks a different player to the lacklustre start he had at United last January, the extended summer break has brought freshness to his game. Early on we will need Sanchez firing, due to players being at the WC.

Not surprised, really. When was the last time he had a proper summer break? I guess a lot of United's season depends on the last days of the transfer window, and of course Mourinho and how he sets up his team an manages the game time of the WC players.

From an Arsenal point of view, I really don't know what to hope for. The transfer window (in isolation) has been positive, with the backroom staff of Mislintat, Sanllehi, Fahmy and Gazidis adressing some of the main issues. Now it's up to Emery and the players to improve on last season. I'm happy with top four, but not counting on it to happen.

Not surprised, really. When was the last time he had a proper summer break? I guess a lot of United's season depends on the last days of the transfer window, and of course Mourinho and how he sets up his team an manages the game time of the WC players.

From an Arsenal point of view, I really don't know what to hope for. The transfer window (in isolation) has been positive, with the backroom staff of Mislintat, Sanllehi, Fahmy and Gazidis adressing some of the main issues. Now it's up to Emery and the players to improve on last season. I'm happy with top four, but not counting on it to happen.

Fred look's good and Pereria also, I am quietly confident about United's midfield, I hope Jose gets the centre back and Right winger he wants before the deadline. MUTV mentioned Sanchez has hardly had a summer off in years.

I am not sure what to expect from Arsenal other than change and you needed a change.

Fred look's good and Pereria also, I am quietly confident about United's midfield, I hope Jose gets the centre back and Right winger he wants before the deadline. MUTV mentioned Sanchez has hardly had a summer off in years.
    Centre backs and right wingers is what's rumoured as well, so I guess some transfer activity will happen there. Alderweireld should be likely, shouldn't it?
    I am not sure what to expect from Arsenal other than change and you needed a change.
    No doubt about that!

Centre backs and right wingers is what's rumoured as well, so I guess some transfer activity will happen there. Alderweireld should be likely, shouldn't it?
    No doubt about that!

Dismal from United tonight not really offered anything going forward.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 19,339

Greedy w****r.

I hope he gets his dues.