"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Bollocks....
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Pogba is in my FF team happy days lol
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 19,339
    I have no Man Utd or Leicester players in my team..i did have Maguire but i took him out for Azpilcueta.

I have a £1.00 bet at 33/1 that Harry Maguire scores a header...worth a punt with those odds !
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I put Macguire in my team though hope he has a off day today.

This game is too frantic
    I have no players in this match! Feels weird not having a United defender at least.
    I have potentially four players in this match
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 19,339
    I have a 3 man defence of Azpilcueta ,Stones and Van Dijk.

Lascelles and Tarkowski as subs.

My formation is 3-4-3.

Potentially?
    barryt007 wrote: »

That's a heavy defence! I have a cheap one of Robertson, Van Aanholt and Doherty.
    Wan-Bissaka and Peltier on the bench.
    Four if Lukaku plays
    Maybe any FF posts we should put on the other thread,keep everything together there and leave this open for any footie comments.

Leicester are playing damn well here !

Potentially?

That's a heavy defence! I have a cheap one of Robertson, Van Aanholt and Doherty.
    Wan-Bissaka and Peltier on the bench.

Replied in the FF thread ,Torg ,old pal .
    I see Sanchez is his usual shit self..so glad he's not at Arsenal now,the w****r.
    Sanchez has looked good pre season though in this game he looks like he is trying to hard
    half time and all to play for.
    I see Sanchez is his usual shit self..so glad he's not at Arsenal now,the w****r.

It's only rumours, but I've read he wasn't a popular figure in the Arsenal team towards the end of his period there.

I'm nervous for the upcoming season for Arsenal, but looking at photos taken by Stuart MacFarlane - the Chief Photographer at the club, the squad sure looks like they are enjoying each others company.

Newcastle v T*******ham : I will be a Newcastle fan
    Leeds v Derby : I will be neutral (looking forward to this one ! )
    Hahaha Sanchez is so shit,i love it.

Not the big man anymore eh ? ,treacherous pr**k..
    Tomorrows matches are :

Newcastle v T*******ham : I will be a Newcastle fan
    Leeds v Derby : I will be neutral (looking forward to this one ! )

That one is on TV here as well. Leeds looked sharp last weekend, and Derby wasn't bad either, so it's a game to look forward to.
    Jesus 3 points thankfully
    Jesus 3 points thankfully

Looking nice and shaky when they concede...interesting.
    Early days the team need games together, glad we started with a win even if we scraped it.
    Must be fantastic for Shaw to score there. He deserves a good season.
    Shaw seems like a good kid he was interviewed on sky after the game, Jose was buzzing when he scored which is encouraging
    Shaw seems like a good kid he was interviewed on sky after the game, Jose was buzzing when he scored which is encouraging

Hope they've put whatever issues they had behind them. The Mourinho/Shaw situation was a talking point last season.
    To be fair Shaw fitness levels have not been great, I think that bad injury took its toll though today will give him some confidence not a great performance though he was trying the right things which Jose will be happy with.
    To be fair Shaw fitness levels have not been great, I think that bad injury took its toll though today will give him some confidence not a great performance though he was trying the right things which Jose will be happy with.

Yeah, the fitness has been an issue for him. Did read somewhere that he had spent the summer break working with a fitness coach to be ready for the season. Looks like it has paid off!
    Jose reaction showed me Jose does care also and looks like a turning point.
    Only 1 game....lets see.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,293
    Jose reaction showed me Jose does care also and looks like a turning point.

Time will tell. Positives to be taken from this game by United, though.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,293

At least make an effort, Merse! :))