Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• edited June 2022 Posts: 680

The trouble with Norton is his soft voice, as you can hear here. I have no issues with his acting ability, though.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited July 2018 Posts: 16,330
    Turner is a lot worse. You can’t convince me otherwise.

Agreed. Craig was a wildcard, for Bond number 7 I'd like a more traditional Bond. Cavill could be that now that he's looking more rugged. :D
    6pONKUJl.png
  • RC7RC7
    Murdock wrote: »
    Turner is a lot worse. You can’t convince me otherwise.

Agreed. Craig was a wildcard, for Bond number 7 I'd like a more traditional Bond. Cavill could be that now that he's looking more rugged. :D
    eM3lEall.jpg

After Craig, it’s got fail written all over it. You can do traditional, but you quite simply have to bring something more to the table these days and nothing I’ve seen suggests Cavill can or will do that.
    I'm sure he could bring something if given the chance, but I'm just speculating. YMMV.
  • RC7RC7
    I'm sure he could bring something if given the chance, but I'm just speculating. YMMV.

I don’t know what, though? The guy has pretty much stated he’s in the business for the $$$, which is completely fine, but I don’t see what he’s bringing beyond looking like a generic video game Bond.
    RC7 wrote: »

I don’t know what, though? The guy has pretty much stated he’s in the business for the $$$, which is completely fine, but I don’t see what he’s bringing beyond looking like a generic video game Bond.

We may never know.
  • RC7RC7

We may never know.

Hopefully.

We may never know.

Hopefully.

Different strokes. :)>-
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Cavil blew his bond chances by becoming superman unfortunately
    Not keen on Cavill either. He just comes across as very bland imo and didn't impress me in UNCLE at all.

Jack O'Connell all the way boys. He might be shorter than the other Bond actors but hey, Craig was blonder than the rest and he turned out fine. I think someone like him would appeal more to Barbara than someone like Cavill too, he's a more realistic choice imo.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    All Cavill has to do, is not mope around for 2 and a half hours, if he can do that, he is already different to Craig. He just needs to tone down the smarm (that is why Cavill reminds me of Brosnan) a bit.
    Should be pretty easy provided the stories don't revolve around Bond's "deep" internal psychological feelings and focus on a thrilling adventure with tactical espionage action.
    Not keen on Cavill either. He just comes across as very bland imo and didn't impress me in UNCLE at all.

Jack O'Connell all the way boys. He might be shorter than the other Bond actors but hey, Craig was blonder than the rest and he turned out fine. I think someone like him would appeal more to Barbara than someone like Cavill too, he's a more realistic choice imo.

So is James Norton he is a very diverse young actor who can bring a lighter and more comical touch to the character yet balance out being both light hearted and serious at the same time plus he's only 33 and not very well known to broader audiences yet not too familiar with O'Connell except for 71 directed by would have been bond 25 director yann demange
    All Cavill has to do, is not mope around for 2 and a half hours, if he can do that, he is already different to Craig. He just needs to tone down the smarm (that is why Cavill reminds me of Brosnan) a bit.

What do you mean, was he moping around on set for 2 and a half hours or something? I'd be surprised because he's only ever seemed awesome to work with.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Germanlady wrote: »
    bondsum wrote: »
    I think Jack Huston’s cinematic pulling power was demonstrated by the box office flop that was Ben Hur. For those that haven’t seen it and are huge advocates of Huston, I suggest you check out this dire turkey first. Personally, I find Huston rather too bland for Bond.

If we are basing things on cinematic pulling power, Craig never would have gotten the role in the first place.

Wrong - he was on the raise. You cant say that about Huston. But he does look like Turner, so you surely like him.

On the rise how? Craig starred in good films but they weren't box office smash hits and neither is he as a leading man. His Bond films BO takings are standard for a Bond film with the exception of SF and SP and it wasn't because of him that those 2 films made the money they did.
  • RC7RC7
    edited July 2018 Posts: 10,512

So is James Norton he is a very diverse young actor who can bring a lighter and more comical touch to the character yet balance out being both light hearted and serious at the same time plus he's only 33 and not very well known to broader audiences yet not too familiar with O'Connell except for 71 directed by would have been bond 25 director yann demange

Norton is superb. Next to him, Cavill and Turner are wholly two-dimensional.
    Cavill looks like he's made of plastic.
    I find Norton and O'Connell too unattractive for Bond.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    +1. And unsuitable in every aspect.

What everybody used to say when daniel craig was cast as bond

What everybody used to say when daniel craig was cast as bond

Not me, Craig looks way better than both of them.

Norton is superb. Next to him, Cavill and Turner are wholly two-dimensional.

As demonstrated in Flatliners (2017). He still sounds like a school prefect though, and his acting sends me to sleep. A huge swerve.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Cavill’s performance in MI: Fallout will do a lot to evaluate his suitability for Bond; he appears to have an edge not seen in previous films .
  • Would they really choose someone that is starring in the Mission Impossible franchise to also play James Bond? To me it seems obvious that they are setting up Cavill to take over for Tom Cruise in that franchise.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 5,185
    Would they really choose someone that is starring in the Mission Impossible franchise to also play James Bond? To me it seems obvious that they are setting up Cavill to take over for Tom Cruise in that franchise.

You must have skipped all the trailers? Because i bet you 10 Dollars Cavill will not make it out of that Movie alive.
    Which would at least make him free for Bond.
    They also went after Léa Seydoux just after she had a role in MI4.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    00Agent wrote: »
    Would they really choose someone that is starring in the Mission Impossible franchise to also play James Bond? To me it seems obvious that they are setting up Cavill to take over for Tom Cruise in that franchise.

You must have skipped all the trailers? Because i bet you 10 Dollars Cavill will not make it out of that Movie alive.
    Which would at least make him free for Bond.
    They also went after Léa Seydoux just after she had a role in MI4.

This

Guys as long as cavill is playing superman in the DC cinematic universe he will never play bond plus I doubt eon would want the next bond to be somebody already associated with another iconic character people will be going to the theaters seeing cavill as bond and think oh look superman is playing james bond
    Guys as long as cavill is playing superman in the DC cinematic universe he will never play bond plus I doubt eon would want the next bond to be somebody already associated with another iconic character people will be going to the theaters seeing cavill as bond and think oh look superman is playing james bond

That's a good point of course, but stranger things have happened in the movie business before, surely.
    Tom Hardy. Enough said.