Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• edited July 2018 Posts: 3,333
    @HarmonyRockets could well be right. Cavill might be the new face of MI. It could be misdirection that we think his character is the villain. Until we see the movie, we don’t actually know for sure. Though judging from his keen interest in still playing 007, I doubt he’ll be attached to the next MI movie.
    So Cavill's just taken himself out of the running it seems. Phew.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    No, he said he's interested in playing Bond if the opportunity came.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    That he may be Cruise’s successor is speculation, his being open to playing Bond is fact.
    Sounds like when they were trying to play off Renner as Cruise's successor. I don't see it happening.
    The problem is, is there anyone on the horizon who has anywhere near the natural charisma of Cruise? He will be a tough act to follow.
    M:I is Cruise's baby. I doubt he'd just hand it over and let someone else carry the torch without him. Plus if he and Christopher Mcquarrie are already discussing a 7th film, I doubt Cruise will be done anytime soon.
    I don't know if Cavill is right for Bond but he has potential; Martin Campbell obviously saw something in him. As I said is another post, his performance in MI:Fallout may go a long way to proving his viability.

Here is a bit of speculation, what if Cavill's performance in MI is a game changer; the material and director allow him to shine. This does not go unnoticed by EON and the powers that be behind the MI franchise. What if they both want him? Which does he choose?
    I can't recall but didn't MGW see something in him too?

If EON does put him on their radar, I'm sure he'd have to take a long time to think and chose. But that's only if EON want him next. It's anybody's guess at this time.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 7,981
    Wow! This quote from Cavill makes it crystal clear, he wants the role of Bond.

https://screenrant.com/henry-cavill-james-bond-cast/

"I would love to do it of course. I think Bond would be a really fun role. It’s British, it’s cool. I think that now that I have my Mission: Impossible badge we can do real stunts and really amp it up as well... Not to say they weren’t doing real stunts I’m just saying it would be fun for me to actually take what I’ve learnt on this and carry it through to a movie like Bond. I’d love to play a Brit. I don’t get to play a Brit very often. So yes, I would love the opportunity and if they were to ask I would say “yes.”
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Music to my ears.
    I feel like I unintentionally started something. :))
    If it's a revolution, I'd join. :))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I was listening to a none spoiler review of Fallout earlier today and they said this is Cavill's best performance in any film he has done, Cavill is certainly an actor that is improving.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I was listening to a none spoiler review of Fallout earlier today and they said this is Cavill's best performance in any film he has done, Cavill is certainly an actor that is improving.

Grace Randolph's review I bet. That's exactly what she was saying.
    I don't get the impression that he anticipates being in future MI films.
    I think, its rather shallow to say, with all my action knowledge now, I could really up their game. I would day, DC did that long before him.
    Shallow. far from it, I hear confidence; he acknowledges what Craig did , but is excited about what he was involved with in being a part of Fallout. Yes Craig did some real stunts but the MI franchise has upped the game in recent years; I find it encouraging that someone who has been a part of it has so much enthusiasm at the possibility that he might be able to bring some of that same energy and vitality to the Bond franchise.
    +1 well said.
    talos7 wrote: »
    Shallow. far from it, I hear confidence; he acknowledges what Craig did , but is excited about what he was involved with in being a part of Fallout. Yes Craig did some real stunts but the MI franchise has upped the game in recent years; I find it encouraging that someone who has been a part of it has so much enthusiasm at the possibility that he might be able to bring some of that same energy and vitality to the Bond franchise.
    Murdock wrote: »
    +1 well said.
    +2. Make that two.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    I think, its rather shallow to say, with all my action knowledge now, I could really up their game. I would day, DC did that long before him.
    I don’t want to take away anything that Craig has done in the past because he’s been exceptionally good, but let’s be honest here, Craig doesn’t do most of his own stunts. Craig even admits that he doesn’t like heights. Also, the motorcycle chase in SF had his face CGI’d to a stunt double’s head. MI is now doing what Bond used to excel at, doing larger than life stunts, except in this case the actual actors are doing it for real. And in fairness to Cavill, he adds “not to say that they weren’t doing stunts before” so that’s hardly being shallow. Even Superman’s stunt coordinators praise Cavill for being a natural and doing his own stunt work. He’s merely pitching his own credentials as a successor. I see nothing discourteous about that.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 6,601
    Not true - he certainly became well known for doing his own stunts. Yes he is afraid og heights, bit did all the high up stuff nevertheless.

As it is well known by now, I dont care, who comes mext, but this sounds like someone implying, he brings something entirely new to the Bond game - a lead actor doing his own stunts - which is just not true. Hhsts all I an saying
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I'd much prefer a good actor playing Bond with a skilled stuntman doing the stunts. Love real stuntwork
    Over cgi
    What’s not true, @Germanlady, that Craig doesn’t do all his own stunts or that Craig did his own motorcycle chase across the rooftops and didn’t have his face CGI imposed on the stunt rider? Below is an image of the stuntman with a prosthetic head for SF.

5091804eecad04c25400001d-1136-669.jpg

Here’s one of Craig’s identical stunt double for the fight on top of the train...

article-2144269-131497EC000005DC-595_634x421.jpg

For the pre-credits action sequence filmed in Mexico City for SP, Daniel Craig's stunt double donned a prosthetic mask for the helicopter fight. Yes, that wasn’t him either.

550xNx150324-mexico-o.jpg.pagespeed.ic.g3DzEpqn8J.jpg

Sure, Craig does “some” of his own stunts but let’s not pretend that they’re on the same level as Cruise or Cavill’s stuntwork. I might add that Craig didn’t do the high stuff in CR, that was 100% a stunt double. However, he did perform this with a bit of CGI trickery....

327710DC00000578-0-image-a-16_1458896094846.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    doubleoego wrote: »

That's right on her Beyond the Trailer YouTube channel.

Our very own @TR007 has already seen the movie and when I asked him how Cavill was he replied: “Cavill was fantastic. Physical and imposing, but not only that, it was probably the strongest role I've seen him act in. First time I saw him as being more than just a pretty face.”

I trust @TR007’s judgement 100%.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 6,601
    Bindsum - of course nobody is doing ALL the stunts and I could easily bring all the proof of WHAT. he did do. But usually people want to believe what they choose to, so its if no use anyway. All his injuries - as Cruises are a proof of their own, too. Lets agree to disagree and all is well
    bondsum wrote: »

Our very own @TR007 has already seen the movie and when I asked him how Cavill was he replied: “Cavill was fantastic. Physical and imposing, but not only that, it was probably the strongest role I've seen him act in. First time I saw him as being more than just a pretty face.”

I trust @TR007’s judgement 100%.

That sounds very encouraging I am a fan of Cavill's and looking forward to what he does as August Walker, alas I am working the next few days so ill have to wait till the weekend to watch Fallout.
    Cruise and Cavill are, which was the point of Cavill’s comment, Giminlady, but as some of us have already taken pains to point out: Cavill wasn’t being discourteous, he was simply giving Eon a reason to hire him after Craig stands down.
    Cavill always comes across as a genuinely decent chap, he has basically thrown his hat in the ring for post DC Bond and why not he is in a good position to do so.