Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    Cavill's recent MeToo comments have also probably hurt his chances. The last thing EON will want is another "wrist slashing" comment taken out of context. Didn't they also say MeToo might be addressed in Bond 25 (in some way)? He might prove to be at odds with the agenda. That all said, I thought he was good in MI:6 (not exceptional - but solid nonetheless).
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    The problem is that there are so many # causes popping up that the only way to not offend one is to never open your mouth
    For the record. I think his initial statement was spot on and reasonably voiced; his apology was a pandering response to “backlash “
    Either way I don’t see it affecting EON ‘s decision.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    talos7 wrote: »
    The problem is that there are so many # causes popping up that the only way to not offend one is to never open your mouth
    For the record. I think his initial statement was spot on and reasonably voiced; his apology was a pandering response to “backlash “

+1
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Henry Cavill is a damp squib.

Sure, he's pretty. Sure, he looks like he could be James Bond. But in exactly the way vanilla and boring way that Pierce Brosnan suited the part.

Cavill is just wrong for the role. His persona is so laboured and cringeworthy. His disastrous PR skills will pretty much grind his entire career to a halt any day now.

He's also a horrible actor. An uncharacteristic piece of wood that has the range of toothbrush. He'd be a HUGE step down after Craig.

In the last few years, he has:

- Appeared in numerous poor DC films giving bad performances as Superman.
    - He isn't a box office draw with all his movies underperforming (even the Superman films).
    - He can't book a good role in pretty much anything. His next film is called 'Nomis' - what even is that? He's Superman, his agent can surely get him better gigs.
    - He's a conservative working in the very liberal Hollywood which hasn't helped him.
    - He's spoken out against the #MeToo movement (which is the dumbest thing anyone in Hollywood could do right now if they want to be employed).
    - He admitted he only does films for money and has no regard for the art.
    - He had a weird thing a few years ago when he was dating a seventeen-year-old and had to publicly defend himself.
    - His personality sucks. He'd kill the Bond press tour and everyone would hate him.
    There's a useful four letter word, and you're full of it.

I'm glad none of us live in a world where you have any say in the matter of all things Bond.

Seriously, I've read a lot of things in here, but this has got to be one of the dampest, in your own word, statements I've come across.

+1

He said something very dumb. His proven wooden acting is what would affect their decision.
    I’m not going to get into a social justice debate; I don’t come here for that , but the only thing dumb was his retraction.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    M_Blaise wrote: »

He said something very dumb. His proven wooden acting is what would affect their decision.
    And what was it that he said was very dumb? He didn't make any sort of "rape" comments.

Just on the social media alone, whether on the Cavill official pages or the Mission: Impossible official posts, a lot of women are commenting on how it is that they want to see the movie because of Cavill.
    The only thing 'dumb' about his comments was that he let himself be dragged into a clickbait debate in the first place. I don't think he will make that mistake twice

And what was it that he said was very dumb? He didn't make any sort of "rape" comments.

Just on the social media alone, whether on the Cavill official pages or the Mission: Impossible official posts, a lot of women are commenting on how it is that they want to see the movie because of Cavill.
    I'm not not sure what you mean by ""rape" comments" but this is the exact quote “It’s very difficult to do that if there are certain rules in place. Because then it’s like ‘Well, I don’t want to go up and talk to her, because I’m going to be called a rapist or something"

I'm not not sure what you mean by ""rape" comments" but this is the exact quote “It’s very difficult to do that if there are certain rules in place. Because then it’s like ‘Well, I don’t want to go up and talk to her, because I’m going to be called a rapist or something"
    And that's not true how? Is he telling a lie?

Is what a lie or truth?

Is what a lie or truth?
    What he said. The quote you just posted. Is he not telling the truth?

And seriously, he didn't even offend anybody with that comment, nor attacked anybody directly or indirectly. It's beyond me how that comment of his is classified as "dumb".

Is what a lie or truth?

And seriously, he didn't even offend anybody with that comment, nor attacked anybody directly or indirectly. It's beyond me how that comment of his is classified as "dumb".

Is it the truth that he'll get called a rapist for talking to someone? Uhh, no, that's not known to happened. Also I never said it was offensive, it's still dumb.
  • RC7RC7

It doesn’t show any class or savvy. Something the best Bond’s have in spades. Even Craig, regardless of that flippant comment. I don’t want a Bond this naive. And he’s not sticking it to the SJW crowd, he just comes across as dumb, misinformed, or both. Not cool.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    ufhAW15.gif

Is what a lie or truth?

Is it the truth that he'll get called a rapist for talking to someone? Uhh, no, that's not known to happened. Also I never said it was offensive, it's still dumb.
    A friend of mine, just because he told a girl he knows she's beautiful, her friend stepped in to accuse him of trying to sexually harass her. And this was just a month ago.

Not known to happen because people love to cover their ears.

I could go on all day.

So, it still begs the question, how is it again "dumb"?
  • RC7RC7

Is what a lie or truth?

A friend of mine, just because he told a girl he knows she's beautiful, her friend stepped in to accuse him of trying to sexually harass her. And this was just a month ago.

I could go on all day.

It’s dumb because he’s a public figure and should know how to pick his fights. Yeah, some dickheads want to push this agenda, but why give them ammunition? It’s dumb, plain and simple.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 5,185
    RC7 wrote: »

It doesn’t show any class or savvy. Something the best Bond’s have in spades. Even Craig, regardless of that flippant comment. I don’t want a Bond this naive. And he’s not sticking it to the SJW crowd, he just comes across as dumb, misinformed, or both. Not cool.

Lol you mean as classy as Sean and his slapping women comments?

Cavills comments were harmless. Its a fear that many guys have, let alone guys in the public space.
    Poor Roger got ripped by the press when he said that Bond should never be a woman. Are you not allowed to have an opinion anymore?
    No one is save from the SJW crowd, no matter how good your intentions are.
    00Agent wrote: »

Cavills comments were harmless. Its a fear that many guys have, let alone guys in the public space.
    Poor Roger got ripped by the press when he said that Bond should never be a woman. Are you not allowed to have an opinion anymore?
    No one is save from the SJW crowd, no matter how good your intensions are.
    +1. Thank you!
    +2
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    +3
  • TheSamePassionsTheSamePassions Monte Carlo

+1. Thank you!

Absolutely. They cry for respect but they were the first to label Sir Roger as a "racist" for disagreeing with a black Bond. So, any "Elba For Bond" fan who cried over Roger's death, like one feminist Bond fan around there who earns money with her classes saying how Bond is mysoginist, can go to gell!

On the other hand, Cavill said nothing wrong. He described a reality. You have to think a thousand times before even looking to a girl without not being called "rapist". Anyway, they'll wither and die like a plant soon when no-one touches them.
  • TheSamePassionsTheSamePassions Monte Carlo

Is what a lie or truth?

I could go on all day.

I know that friend of yours. He had a very noble intention and I know he hadn't had the slightest interest in hitting on her. Because I also know that other woman, a resented girl that surrounded herself of her feminazi friends and picked the "flag" over the aqcuaintance. He did a simple, banal comment about the way she looked, something that didn't go further than "you look good but you should try x look". Her friends attacked, she attacked. He blocked, and sent them to oblivion.
    Glad to see you here, @TheSamePassions. Welcome to the forums. :D
  • RC7RC7
    edited July 2018 Posts: 10,512

It’s not about the comments being harmless, it’s about them being stupid. He’s not smart enough to tackle the subject, or counter it. Why bring up rape in that context? The simple fact is that less then 0.1% of women are on board with this bullshit, so you look like a right mug when you act as if it’s commonplace. The trick is to not engage with a minority of idiots. Once you do, you’re playing their game.

+1. Thank you!

Absolutely. They cry for respect but they were the first to label Sir Roger as a "racist" for disagreeing with a black Bond. So, any "Elba For Bond" fan who cried over Roger's death, like one feminist Bond fan around there who earns money with her classes saying how Bond is mysoginist, can go to gell!

On the other hand, Cavill said nothing wrong. He described a reality. You have to think a thousand times before even looking to a girl without not being called "rapist". Anyway, they'll wither and die like a plant soon when no-one touches them.

Absolute bollocks. If someone thinks that, they’re the problem.
    Cavill really impressed me in MI:Fallout!
    I was never too sold on the guy but I think that with a solid director who has faith in Cavill, and can guide him rather than using him as a tool in part of an oversaturated CGI landscape, then he will do a great job. His latest performance convinced me that he does have what it takes to be 007.

He's probably a bit too obvious for Bond. He fits the role quite well on paper, similar to how Clive Owen did post Brosnan. I think whoever is #7 is someone none of us have even thought of. If the casting of Craig proved anything it's that Babs is willing to cast out of left field.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    Henry Cavill is a damp squib.

Sure, he's pretty. Sure, he looks like he could be James Bond. But in exactly the way vanilla and boring way that Pierce Brosnan suited the part.

Cavill is just wrong for the role. His persona is so laboured and cringeworthy. His disastrous PR skills will pretty much grind his entire career to a halt any day now.

He's also a horrible actor. An uncharacteristic piece of wood that has the range of toothbrush. He'd be a HUGE step down after Craig.

In the last few years, he has:

- Appeared in numerous poor DC films giving bad performances as Superman.
    - He isn't a box office draw with all his movies underperforming (even the Superman films).
    - He can't book a good role in pretty much anything. His next film is called 'Nomis' - what even is that? He's Superman, his agent can surely get him better gigs.
    - He's a conservative working in the very liberal Hollywood which hasn't helped him.
    - He's spoken out against the #MeToo movement (which is the dumbest thing anyone in Hollywood could do right now if they want to be employed).
    - He admitted he only does films for money and has no regard for the art.
    - He had a weird thing a few years ago when he was dating a seventeen-year-old and had to publicly defend himself.
    - His personality sucks. He'd kill the Bond press tour and everyone would hate him.

This guy just isn't what Eon need after Daniel Craig quits. However, he really looks the part. I mean, you'd struggle to find a picture of Cavill not looking Bondian.

maxresdefault.jpg

However, I don't think that means anything. After all, Craig looked very unBondian up until 2006. You just need the potential.

gallery-1487242013-danielcraigbond.jpg

You forgot he mints coins of himself and hands out to people. We can do much, much better.

Is what a lie or truth?

I could go on all day.

It's possible your friend the liar here, as that doesn't sound credible.

Is what a lie or truth?

I could go on all day.

You're very quick to assume he's a liar. I wonder.

Is what a lie or truth?

I could go on all day.

You're very quick to assume he's a liar. I wonder.

I never assume. Go on wondering, sounds nice.