Connery did a FRWL game in 2005, which film/actor would you like to see with a game next?

edited March 2011 in 007 Gaming Posts: 503
I'd love to see Roger Moore reprise a voice role for OO7 in a game version of one of his films, maybe <i>Moonraker</i> or <i>For Your Eyes Only</i>. I also wouldn't mind seeing a <i>License to Kill</i> game with Dalton voicing, but I doubt that would ever get made as Dalton was not a popular Bond and they'd be afraid the game wouldn't sell.

Your ideas?

Comments

I think The Spy Who Loved Me would make for an amazing video game.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    001) Roger Moore-MR(would be perfect for the videogame treatment),
    002) Timothy Dalton-TLD
    and 003) George Lazenby-OHMSS.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting Agent005: I think The Spy Who Loved Me would make for an amazing video game.
    Certainly would be better than the movie ;)
    any old actor in 007 game would be awesome,i dont count Brosnan as old actor,
    maybe once again Connery
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Thunderball would be ace, though you can bet if it were made into a game it would star Craig as Bond instead.
  • Sir Rog for sure- As already said above: TSWLM & MR would be a good choice.
    1)The Spy Who LOved Me
    2) GOLDFINGER
    3) Thunderball
    4) You Only Live Twice
    5) OHMSS
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Dalton (TLD) & Dalton (Bond #17).
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2011 Posts: 15,686
    I am sorry to break the party here, but only the current Bond actor can be James Bond in a video game, be it an original one or an adaption of a past Bond movie. The only time a Bond video game with a past Bond (Moore, Connery, Dalton) can be made, is when there isn't a current Bond actor, which only occurs between the moment the previous actor leaves the role, and the moment the next Bond actor is cast. So we have to wait for Craig to leave the role before seeing a Moore, Connery, Dalton, Lazenby video game adapation. And I'm sorry to admit, but I sincerly doubt Moore will live long enough to see Craig leave the role in 4/6 years' time.
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 107
    Connery was only able to do the From Russia With Love video game because there was no incumbent Bond for most of 2005. I believe that EA was not (and Activision is now not) permitted to use any actor's likeness except the incumbent Bond's (if there is one). Generic Bonds, à la Agent Under Fire are also on the table, because they have no pre-existing fan base and are no threat.

EON is constantly trying to sell their current actor. They don't want to have his image competing with the ghosts of James Bonds past.

EDIT: Yeah, what DC007 said.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Exactly, @JobeGDG. The next possibility will be when Craig leaves the role, in 5/7 years time, given how many more films he'll do.
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 503
    Fine, makes sense. But @DaltonCraig007, what makes you think Craig will be around for at least 4-6 more years? Has he officially confirmed that he'll be sticking around for Bond 24?
    edited April 2011 Posts: 15,686
    I think it's safe to assume Craig will be Bond for a good while longer. And Bond 24 is his optional film, so technicly he's already contracted for that film.
    Quoting DaltonCraig007: I think it's safe to assume Craig will be Bond for a good while longer. And Bond 24 is his optional film, so technicly he's already contracted for that film.
    1. PARTY POOPER
    2. @JobeGDG show me the contract that says that
    I'd like to see a "greatest hits" racing game. Boat chase from LALD, car on the ice from TLD/DAD, bike chase from TND, that kind of thing.
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 107
    Quoting Virage:
    2. @JobeGDG show me the contract that says that
    I can't recall where the relevant articles are and don't feel like hunting them all down. But hey, no skin off my nose if you don't feel like believing me.
  • Always though any of the Moore films would make a great video game. I'm still suprised Goldfinger was not considered yet given its popularity
  • Games have a an enormous potential, theoretical. One could realise a second Lazenby or a third Dalton Bond. Why not making a game which you can play optional with Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan or Craig as Bond...
    edited April 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Quoting Captain_Nikoli: Why not making a game which you can play optional with Connery, Lazenby, Moore,
    Dalton, Brosnan or Craig as Bond...
    Because that may involve rights issues we've never even known to exsist. It would never happen, as said only the current actor who portrays Bond can be in a game - unless there isn't one.
    there should be ALL BOND game together with 50th year celebration.You should go through all the greatest moments of the all movies you are doing all greatest movie moment and you are playing as all Bond actors
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 110
    Quoting dragonsky: there should be ALL BOND game together with 50th year celebration.You should go through all the greatest moments of the all movies you are doing all greatest movie moment and you are playing as all Bond actors
    If they ever made such a game, there would be more lawyers on staff than developers. ;-)
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    A George Lazenby DAF (A Scarface:The World is Yours-sque game in an alternate universe) or OHMSS game
    Timothy Dalton's Bond 17 game (Based off what they had on the original script)
    Possibly Roger Moore in Moonraker

but that's most likely not gonna happen...
    Playing the best moments from all the films could really work, though it'd be as Craig it'd be a great idea.
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 503
    If they did that I wouldn't want it as Craig. They already ruined the remake of GoldenEye 007 by using him in the game. Either all the Bond actors separately for their movies’ respective moments, or a generic Bond figure like they used to do in the games during the Brosnan era.
  • Quoting Samuel001: Because that may involve rights issues we've never even known to exsist. It would never happen, as said only the current actor who portrays Bond can be in a game - unless there isn't one.
    Rights issues are one of the great evils of our time...
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited April 2011 Posts: 4,399
    i would like to see a game called 007 Legacy, or something else flashy or Bondian - like "Legacies Are Forever" :) ... :-)) lol...

and have several levels or 2, based around situations from the various films, combining all the different Bond actors into 1 game... instead of basing 1 game, on 1 specific Bond actor, how cool would it be to have them all??...... then how fun would a multiplayer deathmatch be? - Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan, and Craig all running around trying to kill each other lol..
  • ^ Love this guy
    ^^ (:|
    Quoting haserot: nd have several levels or 2, based around situations from the various films, combining all the different Bond actors into 1 game... instead of basing 1 game, on 1 specific Bond actor,
    Well, as already said, the problem is that only the current Bond actor can portray Bond in a video game...
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    a man can dream can't he? :-D