Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,883
    bondsum wrote: »
    I think mentioning Clive Owen is rather a moot point because he was never screen-tested for the role or part of the selection process. We know the ones who were and who were the final two candidates: Craig and Cavill. So it's not unreasonable to ponder the possibility that Cavill, like Moore, Dalton and Brosnan before him, could be the next 007 after missing out or declining the role earlier. It's by no means guaranteed, but who honestly knows what the current way of thinking is in casting leading actors in a new franchise? We've currently got Chris Hemsworth and Liam Neeson now headlining The Men in Black spin-off with Hemsworth's Thor: Ragnarok co-star Tessa Thompson taking the "woman in black" role to add to the growing list of actors now swapping franchises. A casting decision so close on the heels of Thor: Ragnarok I might add!! It's clearly evident that modern movie producers no longer see that casting an actor from another successful franchise as an obstacle anymore. You might not agree with it, but if the BO takings are good then that's all the matters to them at the end of the day. It all depends on whether Eon want to limit themselves to the slim pickings available to them or go with someone that at least looks and feels like he should be the next Bond. I'm sure there will be plenty of names flying about after B25 that get the casting call. Some will be screen-tested. Some will be hyped by the media as the next Bond. But we won't know their final decision until it's either leaked by the actor himself (unlikely) or announced by Eon. Yeah, I know, I'm stating the bleeding obvious here. I have no idea how many more years Cavill is contracted and wants to be in these Superman movies for? He might be willing to call it a day if he's the next 007. But if he isn't cast, it won't be because he once played Superman is my hypothesis.
    @bondsum, you might be pleased to learn that Cavill has recently commented on the possibility of being OO7 in the future. He's open to it.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/964222/James-Bond-Superman-Henry-Cavill-replace-Daniel-Craig-OO7-next-Bond-25

He told Empire magazine: "I know the idea of playing Bond is one that really tickles me. I think that would be enormous fun.

"It all depends on who the people at the top want. I'm sure they're going to be making decisions in the next couple of years about who the next Bond is.

"Hopefully I'm at least on their list."
    Yes, I read that a few weeks ago in my advanced copy of Empire. Thanks @bondjames.
    I wouldn't be against Cavill being Bond.

aOVDpqR_700b.jpg
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 17,361
    Wouldn't be against Cavill if the next 'era' is lighter in tone. Haven't seen him in films with Craig level of seriousness.
    They have to go lighter I think.

Cavill could play a Brosnan/Craig mix quite well I think.
    Great physique for Bond as well,possibly on par with a FRWL Connery,hairy chest included haha.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Count me in, as well. I too would be voting for Cavill.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 19,339
    I keep forgetting that we have to get through another Craig film before Cavill could even be mentioned properly.

Cant we just go with him now ??!!
    I would really look forward to B25 then !

72f94398e148753d87c5a6d0375358c5.jpg

b29249973307fabbadfd3f0270736813.jpg

I know I have put the 2nd image on here before but I just LOVE IT !! he he.
    I see Cavill as a choice that will go down well with the general audience - if not an unsurprising one. Guess Brosnan would be the obvious comparison, as he had been rumoured for the role long before he got it.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    barryt007 wrote: »

aOVDpqR_700b.jpg

He looks like he would make a good henchman to me

aOVDpqR_700b.jpg

Piffle !! [-X
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

aOVDpqR_700b.jpg

Piffle !! [-X

:)) Don't know why that cracked me up so much. Succinct.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Cavil was spot on casting for Superman. I can't imagine him as Bond at all. If we go with a well known actor I say Michael Fassbender would be good.
    33.jpg

But I would prefer someone that's more relatively unknown. Right now I feel like Aidan Turner could make a pretty good Bond. He's only 34 now, but by the time Bond 26 releases he would be in his late 30's. A good age for a Bond actor.
    aidan-turner-backed-as-next-james-bond.png

I also think he would be a pretty decent Wolverine haha.
    bea721_4b5c7fa705df494f936778e71eaef0af.jpg_srz_977_910_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz
    f61274adb7c9d4b403f0e6603f6be39f.jpg
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

But I would prefer someone that's more relatively unknown. Right now I feel like Aidan Turner could make a pretty good Bond. He's only 34 now, but by the time Bond 26 releases he would be in his late 30's. A good age for a Bond actor.
    aidan-turner-backed-as-next-james-bond.png

I also think he would be a pretty decent Wolverine haha.
    bea721_4b5c7fa705df494f936778e71eaef0af.jpg_srz_977_910_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz
    f61274adb7c9d4b403f0e6603f6be39f.jpg

=D>
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    More like Teen Wolf.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    jake24 wrote: »
    More like Teen Wolf.

Exactly right.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 8,164
    :((
    Of the three most recently mentioned, my order of preference would be: 1)Fassbender, 2)Cavill, and then 3)Turner but I would gladly take any of them over the long in the tooth incumbent.
    Yeah, better a Teen Wolf than a Sid James lookalike!
    My choice is None of the above.
    My choice of the names we've discussed on this thread would be Luke Evans. But, as with more than a few of the "candidates" - such as Fassbender, he would ideally have to take on the role in Bond 25, as he (and Fassbender) are born in the late 70's.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm open to Cavill now. Fassbender would be great but I think that ship has sailed.
    Cavill definitely looks the part and if they cast him I'd be open minded, but I haven't seen him in anything that's really sold me.

Fassbender would be perfect. He'd be my first choice. The more I think about it the more I'd like Jack O'Connell too. I genuinely don't see his height as a big issue and I think he's really good in a sort of volatile dangerous seeming way. Charismatic and has a real edge to him that a lot of the names put forward lack imo.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    With all the talk surrounding the Champions League final, I'm wondering if anyone else thinks that Liverpool's Egyptian playmaker Mohamed Salah looks like Bond wannabe Aidan Turner.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 19,339
    Benny wrote: »
    With all the talk surrounding the Champions League final, I'm wondering if anyone else thinks that Liverpool's Egyptian playmaker Mohamed Salah looks like Bond wannabe Aidan Turner.

How insulting Benster......to Mo Salah
    Benny wrote: »

How insulting Benster......to Mo Salah

True. Not everybody would be happy tp be called a Turner lookalike.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Turner can look a bit exotic at times, and there is the hairiness element which can be a bit perturbing. However, he can look very different when he shaves and changes his hairstyle, as per the Christie adaptation which I saw him in.

Mo Salah on the other hand looks Egyptian, and if he shaved and chopped his hair he still would, at least imho.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Clive Owen could make a good Bennie Griessel if he can do a convincing South African accent.

Talking of South Africa any actor from there could play Bond? As member of the Commonwealth (if I am not mistaken) they can technically have a shot.

Sid James (from the Carry On films) was South African. He never sounded it though. Dunno how he found that London cockney accent! Some people think Daniel Craig looks like Sid James.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBqitwGDyDIdaovDCOSJDHPH0NtqjoU0jQZnV4SCt7Js5uGGQw6g

fanbond123 wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Clive Owen could make a good Bennie Griessel if he can do a convincing South African accent.

Talking of South Africa any actor from there could play Bond? As member of the Commonwealth (if I am not mistaken) they can technically have a shot.

Sid James (from the Carry On films) was South African. He never sounded it though. Dunno how he found that London cockney accent! Some people think Daniel Craig looks like Sid James.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBqitwGDyDIdaovDCOSJDHPH0NtqjoU0jQZnV4SCt7Js5uGGQw6g

He lived in London most of his life,his accent was genuine.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Turner can look a bit exotic at times, and there is the hairiness element which can be a bit perturbing. However, he can look very different when he shaves and changes his hairstyle, as per the Christie adaptation which I saw him in.

Mo Salah on the other hand looks Egyptian, and if he shaved and chopped his hair he still would, at least imho.

Yes, I think he is maturing looks wise, and looking more appropriate for Bond with each year. Just needs to shave and trim the curls. I like the idea of a return to tall dark and handsome Bond with the next actor. Craig fits none of that description IMO.

566989_v9_bb.jpg
    That's a more flattering photo of him than the ones I've seen elsewhere recently. There is potential, but the curls will have to go imho, lest he receive accusations of looking too foreign.