"Something for the weekend, Sir ?"

Comments

I have a few plans this week-end. Mostly going to see the Jurassic World exhibit at the Cité du Cinéma in Saint Denis. Oh, and trying to get some clean-up done.
  • BMWTREKPSEBMWTREKPSE Colorado
    I have been on a mission to another state (Michigan) for the week. I have further duties to fulfill over the weekend then will be flying back Sunday. I hope to grab a bourbon one evening with some old friends in the area. I'm looking forward to returning to Colorado next week. It's time to get back to training (cycling & workouts) and I'm hoping to shoot one night at the range.
    Just going from one chore to another at present! Roll on the end of the month when hopefully the load will lighten dramatically!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Play some games with my new TV. A little early birthday present for myself. :D
    BxyV9vH.jpg?1
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I see a John Byrne Superman poster! He looked at my portfolio back in the early '80s.

Yes, My local Hobby Lobby had a sale of Superhero stuff. Here's that same wall from a few years ago.
    f2U31vh.jpg?1
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 6,844
    Reading @Birdleson ‘s copy of Christopher Wood’s The Spy Who Loved Me while listening to @BeatlesSansEarmuffs and band play their George Harrison tribute in Pacifica, CA.

Currently playing: Piggies
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Murdock wrote: »
    I see a John Byrne Superman poster! He looked at my portfolio back in the early '80s.

Yes, My local Hobby Lobby had a sale of Superhero stuff. Here's that same wall from a few years ago.
    f2U31vh.jpg?1

I have that Man of Steel plaque/sign, I have not bought any other signs for a while though my wall space is limited. Lol
    I bought a bunch of signs. My walls are dire and needed some sprucing up. :D
  • 30t5bbk.jpg

Pic from @Beatles' George Harrison tribute yesterday. @Beatles is somewhere in the brilliant light approximately where the "Who" is. Only made it for the second set, but heard a lotta good numbers played—Here Comes the Sun, My Sweet Lord, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, and surprisingly Badfinger's Day After Day among them. Twas a good time.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I used to have this edition.
    9457b87087cb9e8475fc5127d4548c57298a287751ec0bffb5c82105.jpeg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    30t5bbk.jpg

Pic from @Beatles' George Harrison tribute yesterday. @Beatles is somewhere in the brilliant light approximately where the "Who" is. Only made it for the second set, but heard a lotta good numbers played—Here Comes the Sun, My Sweet Lord, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, and surprisingly Badfinger's Day After Day among them. Twas a good time.

I had that Christopher Woods novel of the film, I seriously regret throwing away my Bond novel/book collection twenty years ago.
    I used to have this edition.

Isn t it good? Norwegian Wood.
  • I used to have this edition.

Isn t it good? Norwegian Wood.

I was going to make that joke but that ship had sailed—or as @RichardTheBruce might say, (that bird had flown).
    I aim to beat up Allah this weekend.
    It s a matter of perspective.
    Church visit and housework!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
  • 30t5bbk.jpg

Thanks for coming to the gig, @Some_Kind. A fine time was had by all, and we were playing a variety of George's material, including a few songs from the Traveling Wilburys. The Badfinger song may (or may not) have been written by George but it was definitely co-produced by him & features his inimitable slide guitar. I was playing a Blueridge 12 string acoustic guitar and a Burns of London electric. Singing lead on several songs, as well as the Roy Orbison parts on the Wilburys' material.
    @barryt007 Keep us posted all throughout the ceremony, festivities and wedding night. Remember, we are far more important than anyone or anything happening in your "real" life.

I will do me olde pal.

And of course you lot are more important,we just tell our 'other half's' otherwise he he ;)

barryt007 wrote: »
    @barryt007 Keep us posted all throughout the ceremony, festivities and wedding night. Remember, we are far more important than anyone or anything happening in your "real" life.

I will do me olde pal.

And of course you lot are more important,we just tell our 'other half's' otherwise he he ;)

Not married yet...and already you've learned rule number 1!
    Mathis1 wrote: »

I will do me olde pal.

Not married yet...and already you've learned rule number 1!

I was married before for 15 years so i'm an expert he he !!

Ah gatz ta know ?
    Whatcha doin dis weekend punks ?
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I'm buying some new shoes.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    NicNac wrote: »

Wow.

Those long winter nights must just fly by,Nackers ;)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    NicNac wrote: »

Wow.

Those long winter nights must just fly by,Nackers ;)

I need a new toothbrush as well. Might splash out.
    Probably seeing Solo with my son.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    20th wedding anniversary party god help me!..
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    20th wedding anniversary party god help me!..

Have a good one !
    Good luck ;)

I'm going to a Bond themed fancy-dress party in Vauxhall dressed as a pigeon.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Off to see The Drifters in Preston tomorrow. My wife loves them so it’s a treat for her.