No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I do hope CashleyPersia was wrong on the story details as I wasn't liking anything he was sharing, sans the female villain idea (and even with that, I'd envision someone like Tilda Swinton or Frances McDormand over Angelina Jolie like he said). I guess we'll have an idea by the end of the year, though I take my leave once the production heats up.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 5,185
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Since we're about to enter a phase where we'll get more significant casting and story rumors, I may just choose to depart this thread until November 2019. I went to see Spectre basically spoiler-free and it paid off very well. I want to try it again. It reminds me of those happy internet-free childhood years when I'd eagerly await the next Bond VHS my dad would rent to watch at home. I would let my imagination run wild in the meantime. There's nothing like that, I tell you.

Wish i had your discipline bro. I want to do the same actually, we will see how it works out. I will watch the Press Event in December but probably shut off until the movie comes out. I want to make this one big, so i am flying to the premiere in London.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 6,682
    00Agent wrote: »
    Since we're about to enter a phase where we'll get more significant casting and story rumors, I may just choose to depart this thread until November 2019. I went to see Spectre basically spoiler-free and it paid off very well. I want to try it again. It reminds me of those happy internet-free childhood years when I'd eagerly await the next Bond VHS my dad would rent to watch at home. I would let my imagination run wild in the meantime. There's nothing like that, I tell you.

Wish i had your discipline bro. I want to do the same actually, we will see how it works out. I will watch the Press Event in Dezember but probably shut off until the movie comes out. I want to make this one big, so i am flying to the premiere in London.
    Exciting! You'll have to tell me everything afterwards.

If I choose to go spoiler-free, I'll do it before the press event. I won't want to know what the film is called (though I'll have to, eventually), what it's about, who's in it, who's doing the music... No trailers, posters, photos, nada. If it's great I'll want to find out in the theater. Same if it's terrible. It's going to be more complicated than with Spectre. Back in 2015, I wasn't posting here (and I don't intend to leave). But anyway, it's all about learning to avert your eyes from the spoilerific text. After a while, one gets used to it. But even with those intentions it's going to be impossible to learn something. One just runs by accident into the news on the internet, and off the internet!

But you can try it. We can create a support group for those in Bond 25-related abstinence. We can talk about the situation; let it all out, sing some songs.
    I know even if I avoid the forums that I'll still manage to see some casting information/location confirmations, so my aim is to avoid heavy plot details/any BTS videos and whatnot. I'd LOVE to avoid all the trailers and go in blind but I'm not sure I have the willpower to do so. Either way, I'm not reading into it like I did the last two.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 5,185

Wish i had your discipline bro. I want to do the same actually, we will see how it works out. I will watch the Press Event in Dezember but probably shut off until the movie comes out. I want to make this one big, so i am flying to the premiere in London.

If I choose to go spoiler-free, I'll do it before the press event. I won't want to know what the film is called (though I'll have to, eventually), what it's about, who's in it, who's doing the music... No trailers, posters, photos, nada. If it's great I'll want to find out in the theater. Same if it's terrible. It's going to be more complicated than with Spectre. Back in 2015, I wasn't posting here (and I don't intend to leave). But anyway, it's all about learning to avert your eyes from the spoilerific text. After a while, one gets used to it. But even with those intentions it's going to be impossible to learn something. One just runs by accident into the news on the internet, and off the internet!

But you can try it. We can create a support group for those in Bond 25-related abstinence. We can talk about the situation; let it all out, sing some songs.

Haha thats a great idea for a thread! I'm in.
    I need a sort of withdrawl from twitter and facebook newsfeeds anyway.
    Just a thread where we can exchange recipes and keep it light and fun.

And there is only one rule. NO BOND25 talk.
    I wonder who Boyle is going to bring on to compose the score? All I ask it’s someone different than Newman and Arnold
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 847
    They need to do a nod to Moonraker for B25 with their spatial logo, like this (or with just a moonraker shutlle on the background, but nope the body of Drax) :

Bond-25-annonce-distrib.png?fit=1000%2C499
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I wonder who Boyle is going to bring on to compose the score? All I ask it’s someone different than Newman and Arnold

Pemberton would be amazing.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I know even if I avoid the forums that I'll still manage to see some casting information/location confirmations, so my aim is to avoid heavy plot details/any BTS videos and whatnot. I'd LOVE to avoid all the trailers and go in blind but I'm not sure I have the willpower to do so. Either way, I'm not reading into it like I did the last two.

Same here.
    But I know I will have to know the title and the cast,there is no way I could hold out against that.
    Also the artist,the song and the teaser trailers I find I cant resist.
    The rest (whatevers left haha) I should be able to avoid.
    I found myself checking out the BTS videos and almost piecing together the entirety of SP before it released, which wasn't fun in the end. I might limit myself to a teaser trailer and leave it at that, but the less I know going in, the better.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

Haha thats a great idea for a thread! I'm in.
    I need a sort of withdrawl from twitter and facebook newsfeeds anyway.
    Just a thread where we can exchange recipes and keep it light and fun.

And there is only one rule. NO BOND25 talk.
    Count me in if you guys create one. I'll be departing this thread towards the end of the year. I look forward to a 'relatively' spoiler free B25 viewing experience.
    antovolk wrote: »

Pemberton would be amazing.
    He wouldn't be my first choice but I'll take him over Newman or Arnold. I can see Pemberton fitting the Boyle style of film making.
    I would love to have Arnold back,personally.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I would love to have Arnold back,personally.

Likewise. Having previously worked with Boyle before, I'd love for Arnold to return and give Craig a bombastic Bond score!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Regarding the new Costume Designer. Here are the recent jobs from Boyle favourites:

Suttirat Anne Larlarb
    -Steve Jobs
    - Trance
    - Who Wants To Be A Millionare
    - Sunshine

Rachel Fleming
    - Trainspotting 1
    - Trainspotting 2
    - The Beach
    - 28 Days Later
    - For A Life Less Ordinary
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2018 Posts: 4,415
    From jamesbonddownunder today looks like jany temime is out
    She mentioned that "Sadly I am not doing the next Bond, being busy with another great project", also adding 'I am sure the next designer will be wonderful". Tamime most recently worked with EON Productions on last year's "Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool'.

That other big project can be The Kid Who Would Be King (2019).

For Dutch speaking people, promoted Spectre:

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    I couldn't be more excited, and the fact that they start production on my birthday (December 3) makes me more excited :D
  • mybudgetbondmybudgetbond The World
    I’m going to try my absolute best to avoid as many spoilers as possible. Will watch the teaser trailer and try to leave it at that.

It will be torture, but I know I enjoy watching films so much more when I am unspoiled.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    bondjames wrote: »
    From jamesbonddownunder today looks like jany tamine is out

This could be the best news I've read all year. Hooray!

Indeed! Boyle was a sure thing so no surprise there, but I really didn't expect Temime is out. Great news!
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,883
    So much of the last 10+ years is being cleansed away, slowly. I find it very refreshing and am looking forward to what comes next. New beginnings.

Indeed! Boyle was a sure thing so no surprise there, but I really didn't expect Temime is out. Great news!
    I sincerely hope whoever replaces her doesn't go for the spandex cut again.
    Also Boyle better have a gunbarrel at the start.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    So much of the last 10+ years is being cleansed away, slowly. I find it very refreshing and am looking forward to what comes next. New beginnings.

That was Tom Ford's influence.

Craig works with Ford on Bond's look; the costume designer just goes along with it. The suits will be as tight (or loose) as Craig wants. I have noticed since SP's release, that Craig himself is going with looser cuts, especially with his jeans. So I would think his Ford suits will do the same in B25.

TripAces wrote: »

Craig works with Ford on Bond's look; the costume designer just goes along with it. The suits will be as tight (or loose) as Craig wants. I have noticed since SP's release, that Craig himself is going with looser cuts, especially with his jeans. So I would think his Ford suits will do the same in B25.
    I certainly hope so. He's considerably older now too, and the body doesn't shape the same way, even with workouts. A looser cut could be more flattering at this age. Let's leave the tightness for the younger chaps.
    I'm sure it's been mentioned but I'm a bit busy with work:

1. Is the Universal deal a one-off currently?

2. I'm guessing late November/December 1st-ish will commence the press conference they'll hold?
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'm sure it's been mentioned but I'm a bit busy with work:

1. Is the Universal deal a one-off currently?

2. I'm guessing late November/December 1st-ish will commence the press conference they'll hold?

1. Yes at the moment,but I think it will go on.

2. 3rd December at the moment.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    TripAces wrote: »

I certainly hope so. He's considerably older now too, and the body doesn't shape the same way, even with workouts. A looser cut could be more flattering at this age. Let's leave the tightness for the younger chaps.

Let s leave it for the chapesses.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Regarding the new Costume Designer. Here are the recent jobs from Boyle favourites:

Suttirat Anne Larlarb
    -Steve Jobs
    - Trance
    - Who Wants To Be A Millionare
    - Sunshine

Rachel Fleming
    - Trainspotting 1
    - Trainspotting 2
    - The Beach
    - 28 Days Later
    - For A Life Less Ordinary

I would choose Fleming. Naturally.
    Rachael Fleming; any relation to the man himself, Ian?
    Is Universal just distributing bond 25 or have they signed a deal to distribute more Bond films?
    Is Universal just distributing bond 25 or have they signed a deal to distribute more Bond films?

I just asked that; currently a one-off, we'll have to wait to see if they continue on with distributing the next era.
    If I were to guess, I think it's very likely. This took so long to pull together that I can't imagine they didn't discuss the future, with this being a trial run. I think a lot is going to happen after this film is out, or perhaps even before. Now that they have distribution locked for their biggest release they are free to move forward on more transformative business elements.