The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

ToTheRight wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Strog wrote: »
    When I was a kid, just about everyone I knew labeled AVTAK as their favorite.
    Really? That's interesting. I'd expect kids in general to go for one of the flashier ones.
    Thanks,it just makes AVTAK so much more watchable and important, as a Bond on the verge of retirement ,finds himself,eventually,all alone ,to save Silicon Valley and stop a very strong set of villains.
    Emphasized certainly by that iconic shot of him hanging from the rope as Zorin's blimp drifts towards the Golden Gate, the mission 'hanging by a thread' as it were.

Perfect pick up on that @Strog ....!!

Even the music as he is hanging there and eventually is thrown against the bridge is a defeated tone to me.
    Yes, I agree. Barry's music is phenomenal throughout, and the particular cue playing in that scene sounds very fateful.
    Bond struggles in this one, especially during the City Hall sequence.
    I was just going to comment on Bond's struggles in this one, further enhancing @barryt007's point about Bond's last mission. You really feel his age. They don't run away from it or try to disguise it. Think about him missing a ladder rung on the fire truck, and then breaking a ladder rung trying to climb out of the mine shaft. Think about how ladders are always spoken of in relation to success. Missing or, worse, breaking a rung is kind of symbolic of failure.

Both excellent points...i think more members need to know these observations...a new thread ?

Sounds a very good idea.
    I'm game as well.
    I'm at the steeplechase bit. Even here one can sense he's in danger. Had he been his LALD youthful self that element might be missing.
    Bond about to be drowned. No gadgets to back him up.

OK,but it will probably be shut unless you two step in !!

Count me in most certainly.
    Bond used a MacGyver method here. Great stuff!
    You jeopardize MINE!!!!

I love his delivery.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 684

I'll chime in! Mostly exhausted my observations but I'm happy to try and think through everything a bit more.
    Zorin raises his arms as the model rises.
    I do that gesture all the time.

I'll chime in! Mostly exhausted my observations but I'm happy to try and think through everything a bit more.

I'd say the are countless moments in AVTAK to make for quite a nice thread.
    San Francisco.

I won't bother looking for Maud this time.
    Originally David Hedison was in talks to play Felix here, but the Chuck Lee character was created.
    I don't imagine Cubby would have let Mayday strangle Felix.
    I think Roger looks great in this scene with Chuck Lee. I love the suede jacket, and his hair looks particularly good here.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

One of the best scenes in the film.
    New thread up and running chaps.

One of the best scenes in the film.

I love it. One of my favorite elements of AVTAK is there are several instances where Bond is in peril. I'm at the part where Bond is underwater about to be shredded.

I'd like to see more of that, really. Off the top of my head I can't think of too many similar situations with Daniel.
    New thread up and running chaps.

Excellent!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Murdock wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    I agree on all your points @Fire_and_Ice_Returns . I think Bond 77 sounds incredibly cool even now (very Bee Gees, and I love Saturday Night Fever), the Soundtrack CD lacks much of the score annoyingly, and I'm with you on the OHMSS DBS being the best Bond car.

The build up music to the Motor Bike side car bomb attack on the Lotus is great, @Murdock will if anyone have that track lol

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns

Courtesy of @Gustav_Graves :)
    http://picosong.com/wwqNM/

He uploaded a lot of TSWLM tracks. You can find them here.
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/17270/james-bond-songs-the-studio-album-mix-vs-the-film-version-score-tswlm-complete-sequenced/p1

Great stuff I'll have a look through those, cheers mate.
    Bond sneaks into Stacey's mansion.

Stacey's dress matches one of the lamp shades.

Roger's suit matches the hard wood floor.

One of the henchmen Bond is fight resembles the legendary Carl Perkins in his '70's period.

The other henchman slightly resembles Lou Costello.

Birdleson wrote: »
    San Francisco.

She claims that she's not in it.

Interesting. I can remember an interview where she suggested if someone spots her to point it out. I'd think she would have known exactly where she was.
    Roger's Bond, like Fleming's did enjoy eggs.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    San Francisco.

She claims that she's not in it.

Interesting. I can remember an interview where she suggested if someone spots her to point it out. I'd think she would have known exactly where she was.

My ' Lets play : Guess the Adams' thread has thrown up many theories but nothing concrete.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

The price went up in the previous installment, so better make the best of it.
    I wonder what Stacey was serving for Breakfast? Looks like Bond grabbed something from the tray and munched on it. Can't tell what it was.
    I wonder what Stacey was serving for Breakfast? Looks like Bond grabbed something from the tray and munched on it. Can't tell what it was.

Toast and butter old chap..nothing more.

The price went up in the previous installment, so better make the best of it.

LOL! True. Interestingly, he ate a souffle in OP and quiche in AVTAK.

Ah! No wonder Bond is a bit leaner here than in OP. Maybe I should do that?

It doesnt work for me...still have a beer belly,but its nice he he especially with marmite,marmalade or peanut butter :)

It doesnt work for me...still have a beer belly,but its nice he he especially with marmite,marmalade or peanut butter :)

I used to do yogurt for breakfast to keep lean, then sometimes just toast.
    I had read that Karloff ate toast with coffee for breakfast during the filming of BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN, a sandwich for lunch and light dinner. Plus lots of tea.
    I tried that when I was in theatre during rehearsals.