The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Fight scene............I love the blue tint.
    I still like this better than the stairwell fight (which I find the finest of all modern Bond fight scenes).
    When I saw FRWL in the cinema some years back the audience cheered after Bond defeats Grant.
    Bond slams the hood down, grabs the guy by the hair and knocks him out.

I love that bit.
    Pepper Martin used almost the same move on the humanized Clark Kent in SUPERMAN II.
    NORTH BY NORTHWEST homage here.

I really like the post train action sequences in FRWL.
    Bond looks cool in the hat, IMO.

I should get a trilby, or a fedora. I used to have several.
    The Blu-ray CGI-outs the wire on the copter.

I prefer seeing the wires, actually.
    No more Kronsteen. If I were Kronsteen here, I'd probably flip Blofeld off right before dying. That would have been classic!
    I love the boat chase bit here as well.

Connery just looks the business in the blue navy coat and hat.
    I think the train fight in FRWL after all this time is still the best fight scene of the entire Bond series. It’s raw, claustrophobic, frenetic, and brutal.
    Back to Venice. Interesting wallpaper on Bond's hotel suite.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I think the train fight in FRWL after all this time is still the best fight scene of the entire Bond series. It’s raw, claustrophobic, frenetic, and brutal.

So do I. The tense build up also helps. One of my favorite scenes in movie history actually.
    I'm looking at the mascara painted on Bond's hairline as Klebb holds him at bay.
    Klebb is pretty tough as well. Although Bonds holds her back with a chair it isn't exactly easy for him.
    Pretty much every adversary for Bond in this film represents a challenge.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,883
    ToTheRight wrote: »

So do I. The tense build up also helps. One of my favorite scenes in movie history actually.
    It's a fantastic scene and I agree that the build up and suspense prior to the encounter really helps to engage the viewer. I've always loved that trick attache case too!
    bondjames wrote: »

It's a fantastic scene and I agree that the build up and suspense prior to the encounter really helps to engage the viewer. I've always loved that trick attache case too!

Although there are some transitions, cuts throughout the film that's aren't quite seamless (What is it?.......I'll show you), I find very little to fault with FRWL.
    Terence Young was a great story teller, and this one truly has the feel of a cold war espionage thriller.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

Although there are some transitions, cuts throughout the film that's aren't quite seamless (What is it?.......I'll show you), I find very little to fault with FRWL.
    Terence Young was a great story teller, and this one truly has the feel of a cold war espionage thriller.
    Still my firm #1. I had a great viewing of it the other day and I too can't find much to fault (ok, maybe the gunfight at the gypsy camp goes on a bit long, but I'm nitpicking). Pure class.
    It is an excellent Bond film. I prefer a few others personally, but it’s still firmly Top 10 and unquestionaly one of the series’ best objectively.

Still my firm #1. I had a great viewing of it the other day and I too can't find much to fault (ok, maybe the gunfight at the gypsy camp goes on a bit long, but I'm nitpicking). Pure class.

It often rotates between #1 and #2 for me. I firmly believe it's overall, the best James Bond film, though. Excellent cast, script, direction and score. A classic all the way.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    My favorite gadget as a kid was always Bond attache case here. I had several briefcases as a kid and would take them to school in place of a back pack. I'd tell my elementary school principal I was a business man, but I was really trying to be Bond.

I still think its a cool gadget.

More realistic and grounded than anything in DAD; more grounded than the exploding watch in SP... Indeed, it is very cool.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    And a homer in GF.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Then that led me to the notion that only the Hamilton and Lewis films are really built for that kind of loose, fun, at home group viewing.

I only ever had that with LALD.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Am I the only one that, after seeing the film for those first couple of times when it was fresh, finds the Little Nelly scene monotonous?
    Nope, same here. I adore YOLT, but that's really the only part that I don't care for.

Over the years I've had group viewings of FRWL, TB, and CR. Of those TB went down best, of course. I could see how GE and TND might go down well. DAD too for different reasons. SP should've been that sort of a film.
    As today marks one year since we lost Sir Roger I am paying tribute today.

Popping in an earlier DVD SE of

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN

Brosnan era United Artists logo. Beautiful, I miss United Artists.

Gunbarrel- this version has the bluish dots-

the melody brakes tradition. It's played 3 times
    Colors look good.
    My all time favorite actor in cinema history

SIR CHRISTOPHER LEE!!!!!!!!!!
    An underrated PTS.
    Marc Lawrence was great. Golden Age of Hollywood actor in KEY LARGO, HOLD THAT GHOST, and many others.
    I love the jazzy 1930's rendition of TMWTGG theme.