The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

I don’t mind Kara. She’s not the best or worst Bond girl, but good enough for what was needed.

TLD is pretty stuck right now in my ranking. It has enough good to not fall lower, but enough flaws to avoid rising.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Trust me, it’s Kara.

The only child syndrome.

Kills flow.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Kara is so needy I'm surprised Dalton-Bond doesn't start spontaneously lactating.
    Personally, I’ve always slammed Tatiana for being too needy. It’s the truth yet no one really agrees with me.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Get what you're saying @FoxRox , but SPECTRE chose Tatiana because of this-- it was part the era, part the characteristics to lull Bond into the trap.

Kara's like the ginger-haired kid that no one likes, not even her own parents. Plus she's a needy only child.

And she's on the spectrum for some mental and incapacitating disease that effects motor-control (every time she ran to Bond I though she was having a seizure).

Yes, still surprised that Dalton-Bond didn't spontaneously lactate....
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 12,270
    Haha I get what you mean. Sill, I’ll argue my controversial opinion Tatiana is the most overrated (but still decent) of the Bond girls. My favorites are Honey, Pussy, Domino, Tracy, Solitaire, XXX, Melina, Natalia, Wai Lin, Vesper, and Camille.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Hafta say my A1+: would be Tracy, then at her heels is Vesper.
    A+: Domino, Honey, Pussy, Tatiana-- in that order
    A: Severine, Solitaire, Camille-- in that order
    B-: Electra (does she count?), Melina, Octopussy-- in that order
    C-: Tiffany Case, Pam Bouvier, Kissy, Natalya (looks good but bitches at Bond like an old mother-- sexy factor on me is lost coz of that nagging-way about her), Aki, XXX-- in that order
    D: Mary Goodnight and Holly Goodhead-- in that order
    E: Stacy, Madeleine, Wai Lin (I like the actress, just not sexy with zero sexual chemistry with Bond), Christmas, Jinx
    F Kara (body of an anorexic, prepubescent boy; red-haired traits: no one likes her, not even Koskov (who set her up to be assassinated); probably an only child with mental issues and an off-the-chart-neediness; almost made Bond lactate).
    peter wrote: »
    Hafta say my A1+: would be Tracy, then at her heels is Vesper.
    A+: Domino, Honey, Pussy, Tatiana-- in that order
    A: Severine, Solitaire, Camille-- in that order
    B-: Electra (does she count?), Melina, Octopussy-- in that order
    C-: Tiffany Case, Pam Bouvier, Kissy, Natalya (looks good but bitches at Bond like an old mother-- sexy factor on me is lost coz of that nagging-way about her), Aki, XXX-- in that order
    D: Mary Goodnight and Holly Goodhead-- in that order
    E: Stacy, Madeleine, Wai Lin (I like the actress, just not sexy with zero sexual chemistry with Bond), Christmas, Jinx
    F Kara (body of an anorexic, prepubescent boy; red-haired traits: no one likes her, not even Koskov (who set her up to be assassinated); probably an only child with mental issues and an off-the-chart-neediness; almost made Bond lactate).

You've just become barry007 number 1 fan!!
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Thunderball...on the atomic bombs it says "handle like eggs"
  • peterpeter Toronto

Birdleson wrote: »
    Bond and Felix in their underwear.

Kinky?... If @barryt007 wasn’t going to say it, someone had to..

Birdleson wrote: »
    Should I go with DN, TB or MR?

MR. The least good one. But still reasonably entertaining...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    i'm watching DR NO in between play off hockey-- and seriously enjoying SC's sheer magnetism...
  • BMWTREKPSEBMWTREKPSE Colorado
    I'm watching Goldeneye currently. One of my favorite scenes in the entire series is the Aston/Ferrari car scene, 'I enjoy a spirited ride as much as the next girl'. 'James you're incorrigible' .

-Beautiful cars (man I love the rev's)
    -Beautiful scenery
    -Pierce at his best
    -Sly lingo
    Right ..pissed off for a lot of reasons,so sticking on AVTAK for a bit of MooreBond...John Barry's score in M's office about the microchip is haunting....perfect.
    RogerBond's voice is like British silk if it existed.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 19,339
    Has that 'cut' point in the film, when Bond lifts the covers for Mayday ,ever not been shown..even on a Sky download it shows it ?!
    The Zorin scene where he discovers Bond is 007 is brilliant,one of the highlights of the series,as is the horse battle,car tire air escape .

This is one of the reasons why AVTAK hovers at #11 in my rankings....it's Bond's last mission before he retires and has to use all his wits against a seriously powerful ex-KGB much younger foe,powerful henchwoman and planned set-up for Operation Mainstrike...one hell of a tough last mission
    Love the 'so does anyone else wanna drop out ? '

And the Nazi connection in Bond is a unique but brilliant and necessary addition to the series.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    barryt007 wrote: »
    This is one of the reasons why AVTAK hovers at #11 in my rankings....it's Bond's last mission before he retires and has to use all his wits against a seriously powerful ex-KGB much younger foe,powerful henchwoman and planned set-up for Operation Mainstrike...one hell of a tough last mission
    That's an interesting way to look at it. I'll try to do that next time and see if it improves for me. Right now it hovers just above Brosnan's worst at the bottom of the pile.
    RogerBond's voice is like British silk if it existed.
    Agreed. Very distinctive, authoritative and very English.
    AVTAK will always be Bond's last mission to me,you can see what he is up against..if u look at it that way then by the Golden Gate Bridge fight you will know he he has fought for Britain one last time.

If people now look at it that way,it fits in perfectly....no wonder he retired,you really root for him to win ! @bondjames , believe me it will move up your rankings - makes it special.

This is Bond's last mission not a Craig B25 rubbish.
    Bond with that great Barry score as he 'rocksalts' Zorin's persuaders...brilliant.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,883
    @barryt007 I'm certainly due a rewatch soon. I find it telling that in both OP & AVTAK Bond is exhausted (and actually hurt in the earlier film) after dispatching the villains in the respective finales. It's very different from the endings to the earlier Moore films and gives credence to a weary and aging Bond (even though they never directly acknowledged his age during his tenure).
    bondjames wrote: »
    @barryt007 I'm certainly due a rewatch soon. I find it telling that in both OP & AVTAK Bond is exhausted (and actually hurt in the earlier film) after dispatching the villains in the respective finales. It's very different from the endings to the earlier Moore films and gives credence to a weary and aging Bond (even though they never directly acknowledged his age during his tenure).

I think i will create a thread about this to get peoples comments.what to do u think old pal ?

Might change peoples view about AVTAK and treat it with respect and put pressure on B25 with theie 'old Bond' possible theory..

Give me RogerBond as the last mission Bond than CraigBond any day !

I think i will create a thread about this to get peoples comments.what to do u think old pal ?
    I'm not sure if it will get enough traction to exist as a single thread, although it's an interesting topic to ponder and discuss in this thread a little further if a few members are interested maybe.

I'm not sure if it will get enough traction to exist as a single thread, although it's an interesting topic to ponder and discuss in this thread a little further if a few members are interested maybe.

The scene in Howe's office is actually quite nasty,with the looks between Zorin and especially Bond..this film is,to me,RogerBond's most serious ,you need to watch Bond,i have never seen hate and disgust in his face as much ,with Sir Roger's tenure.
    God i love this John Barry score with AVTAK....shows the danger of Bond's last mission to the man himself...beautiful stuff as always.

The scene in Howe's office is actually quite nasty,with the looks between Zorin and especially Bond..this film is,to me,RogerBond's most serious ,you need to watch Bond,i have never seen hate and disgust in his face as much ,with Sir Roger's tenure.
    Yes, I agree. It's a much more serious depiction of the character. The actor who played Mr. Howe (Daniel Benzali) has been in many tv series since. I knew he looked familiar and then it dawned on me where I'd seen him in a Bond film.

Yes, I agree. It's a much more serious depiction of the character. The actor who played Mr. Howe (Daniel Benzali) has been in many tv series since. I knew he looked familiar and then it dawned on me where I'd seen him in a Bond film.

Bond knows the pressure and the odds ,how many American lives can be wiped out..it comes back to the 'last mission' theory i have created in my mind,as compared to say GF and Fort Knox,which was flippant with American troops lives,and doesnt reflect Bond.

He is on his own...Chuck Lee was killed as was Tibbett....the opponents are ruthless to cut off Bond from MI6/CIA,if their own ways cant kill him yet,as the film goes.
    Stacey is his only witness to it all.

The mine massacre proves what Bond has to deal with,in his weakest hour due to age.

AVTAK is seriously under-rated.
    "there's never a cab when you want one.."

Enjoy your retirement Commander.

Goodnight peeps....AVTAK done...need to review its place in my rankings.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Has that 'cut' point in the film, when Bond lifts the covers for Mayday ,ever not been shown..even on a Sky download it shows it ?!

Only her big black dildo was cut from the copy I have.