CLOSED

Comments

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Ah, hiding in plain sight, hey? Sneaky Thundy.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    royale65 wrote: »

In any event he seems to have swallowed Kremlin propaganda and disinformation to a worrying extent. Is he suggesting the Western media is all wrong and being hoodwinked? If so, where is the evidence?
  • Dragonpol wrote: »

In any event he seems to have swallowed Kremlin propaganda and disinformation to a worrying extent. Is he suggesting the Western media is all wrong and being hoodwinked? If so, where is the evidence?

Ah, Draggers, keep up man. In the Era of Trump, all evidence is just Fake News. Now that we can't believe our own lying eyes, we'll just have to believe whatever Our Orange Overlord tells us to believe. And pay no attention to that Oligarch behind the curtain...
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited April 2018 Posts: 9,117
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    If they can analyze the stuff and name it, it means they can also make it.

Yes, the British did it of course. Can't believe the Kremlin has the cheek to say that. Hopefully Trump and his allies will give that cheek a much needed slap soon.

They will retaliate.

That is usually what happens when you attack. It's not a good enough reason for holding back though. Russia has become far too bold and needs a dressing down.
    Are you round the bend? This isn't Botswana or other 'shithole' (not my words but far from inaccurate) countries it's a nuclear power, and a far greater power than us I might add. I know in the bible David beat Goliath but this real life not a fairy tale and just a couple of Russian warheads reaching their target would finish us before our creaking submarines even managed to launch.
    Russia is responsible for myriad things. They've been provoking an attack for quite some time.
    Depends on how you measure the criteria of going to war with a nuclear power I suppose.
    They annexed Crimea
    65% ethnic Russian (compared to 15% Ukrainian) and historically Russian. Yes you can argue with the way they went about it but not too many in Crimea are moaning about it. And given there's more Sinn Fein voters in NI than there are Ukrainians in Crimea we ought to be cautious before taking the moral high ground here.
    have murdered and attempted to murder ex-intelligence agents
    That's the game. Skripal knew the rules. You turn double you need to watch your back for the rest of your life. I'm not for pressing the button because Russia took down a traitor.
    back up the Assad regime in Syria which is busy killing its own citizens.
    Well that maybe a tragedy but risk nuclear holocaust for Syria? Nah sorry Syrians.

I'm not saying Russia's not a villain and could do with taking down but they are also a bit tasty. Yes history has proven appeasing a dictator doesn't work but then Hitler never had silos and subs rammed full of warheads. I think if he had we might have cut some sort of deal that he could keep Poland, Czechoslovakia and even France as long as he didn't hit Dover. And we all know if Britain had fallen the yanks would have happily kept out of it an negotiated with him.

Just let's think carefully about what we're going to to do here because provoking a proper mentalist like Vlad with the kit to back him up seems a very risky endeavour.
    For dissing Never Send Flowers of course.
    If Vlad did that and promised to nuke or Novichok anyone caught reading it I'd betray Her Maj and move to a dacha in Moscow tomorrow.

Ah, Draggers, keep up man. In the Era of Trump, all evidence is just Fake News. Now that we can't believe our own lying eyes, we'll just have to believe whatever Our Orange Overlord tells us to believe. And pay no attention to that Oligarch behind the curtain...
    Happy days Draggers! Evidence is dead long live delusion.
  • Happy days Draggers! Evidence is dead long live delusion.

Getting tough to differentiate between satire and delusion, isn't it Wiz?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7e/bc/3b/7ebc3b59d5d73217f2484819f9a5e968.jpg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
  • chrisisall wrote: »

"Perhaps it should look like Putin's work..."
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 19,339
    I think as far as my country,Britain,is concerned : JUST STAY THE F**K OUT OF IT !!!

Our relations with Russia are already crap,all over a former Russian spy !!
    Who gives a shit ?

If America and France want to go gung-ho into battle with Russia then go for it,just leave us out of it.

But of course,as Colonel Moon said in DAD : "You pathetic British,you still think you have the right to police the world"...... ,and i'm sure we will be the usual lapdog.

But as @TheWizardOfIce said,this isn't Botswana we will be facing.

The end of the world is nigh,all over a Russian double agent and his sprog,and bloody useless Syria !!!!
    Anyone remember Brexit? The issue with the Irish border? resident status? etc etc. Funny how the agenda has changed. Any struggling PM will be tempted by the war option. May is no different.
    patb wrote: »
    Anyone remember Brexit? The issue with the Irish border? resident status? etc etc. Funny how the agenda has changed. Any struggling PM will be tempted by the war option. May is no different.

Indeed...takes the pressure off and makes her out to be a tough lady PM ala Thatcher.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Russia has now claimed they have evidence the UK and The White Helmets were behind the recent chemical attack in Syria. Sounds very plausible, and looking forward to seeing what evidence they have.
    We were behind the chemical attack in Syria ? I don't think so...
    barryt007 wrote: »

Not you, Barry. They didn t mention you by name.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Not you, Barry. They didn t mention you by name.

I should hope not old chap,top secret,dont you know...just like the colour of your knickers.

The Dutch representative in the Security Council has just made a total fool of himself. What utter drivel.
  • Meanwhile, the President of France claims to have proof that Syria did indeed use chemical weapons. Let's see now, shall we believe France...or Russia? Gosh, what a quandary....
    Russia has now claimed they have evidence the UK and The White Helmets were behind the recent chemical attack in Syria. Sounds very plausible, and looking forward to seeing what evidence they have.

Yes, very plausible. The Russians have always had such a good track record on telling the truth. Remember their pathetic denials over Chernobyl? I know who I trust more on this matter and it's not the Ruskies!
  • Or to put this in terms most Bond fans should be able to understand: Do we trust Mathis -- or do we trust General Gogol?
    Meanwhile, the President of France claims to have proof that Syria did indeed use chemical weapons. Let's see now, shall we believe France...or Russia? Gosh, what a quandary....

No quandary. Putin is more believable than Macron.
    Well, France was right before, you know. About Iraq. And about Lance Armstrong. So...
  • You trust Gogol more than Mathis. That's worth knowing.

I disagree, but it's nice to know your tell...
    You trust Gogol more than Mathis. That's worth knowing.

So you support your president now.
  • Your assumption is as fallacious here as it is elsewhere on this thread.
    I should have written "chemical attack".
    Since no one seems to have checked my previous link from a month back, here is another one.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 17,797
    You trust Gogol more than Mathis. That's worth knowing.

Mathis was a good guy in the books. That's good enough for me. Forget what the films did to him. Films have a habit of ruining things.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Trump has ordered missile strikes on Syrian chemical weapons facilities, and says the strikes will not end until the use of chemical weapons in Syria does. Calls out Russia and Iran for supporting Assad.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/13/politics/trump-us-syria/index.html
    It’s happened ...Russia says consequences will happen for attacking their ally .
    Breaking international law yet again, and even without presenting any evidence.
  • neonmartinineonmartini Classified
    And meanwhile conservative loony Alex Jones had a meltdown about this.
This discussion has been closed.