"Dont blow it all at once ": Die Another Day Appreciation Thread

Comments

• edited March 2012 Posts: 4,762
    Yep. Invisible cars and ice castles with bond paragliding over a avalanche is very fleminesque. Yep how did I not realize that @-)

Even if that ain´t Flemingesque, it feels like something that you only see in a Bond film.
    For me, it becomes Bondesque instead.

Agreed, I could care less about Flemingesque. Being Bondesque, as you said, is a lot more important!
  • DAD is great! CR i just okay. Craig is much better than his movies in my opinion.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I mean Bond movie. I haven´t seen more than perhaps 2 movies of him outside Bond.

Watch The Untouchables. But, it is probably too serious for you. Dramas. You know, the films worth watching and all.
    DAD is great! CR i just okay. Craig is much better than his movies in my opinion.

You might want to take cover, my friend! Haha, this forum isn't too accepting of Die Another Day! I think it's just all right, not terrific, and not terrible. Pretty much a middle-of-the-road Bond.
    I mean Bond movie. I haven´t seen more than perhaps 2 movies of him outside Bond.

Watch The Untouchables. But, it is probably too serious for you. Dramas. You know, the films worth watching and all.

I´ve heard he got an oscar for that, and that is to me almost like a warning. Those I´ve seen are The Rock and Hunt For The Red October.

Drama is blahhh.

• edited March 2012 Posts: 1,492

Drama is blahhh.

Not as good as laser wielding sharks eh 006RogerMoore?

:-B
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    00Beast wrote:
    DAD is great! CR i just okay. Craig is much better than his movies in my opinion.

You might want to take cover, my friend! Haha, this forum isn't too accepting of Die Another Day! I think it's just all right, not terrific, and not terrible. Pretty much a middle-of-the-road Bond.

You can tell who the die hard cinema fans are. People like myself who are film buffs see it for the tripe it is, while fans of camp adore it. They are the blind leading the blind. Drama challenges you as a filmgoer, and I love being moved by a film. I go to be challenged and to see films that show the true talent of the actors involved. Films that make you think of things for the first time from a new perspective, and full of characters you could connect to and feel their pain and success. That is what makes cinema one of the greatest foundations of all time, and I can hardly think of anything I'd rather do that hit the theaters and see a film.

I´ve heard he got an oscar for that, and that is to me almost like a warning. Those I´ve seen are The Rock and Hunt For The Red October.

Drama is blahhh.

I say in the kindest way possible, p**s off. L-)
  • actonsteve wrote:

Drama is blahhh.

Hahahaha! Sounds awesome!!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Not cool, @0Brady [-(
    actonsteve wrote:

Drama is blahhh.

Precisely.

• edited March 2012 Posts: 1,082

You should seriously just bow down to the greatness of DAD.

Ooops.

Triple post.

Not cool, @0Brady [-(
    Yes, I posted that in anger and lost my cool. My apologies to @007RogerMoore, who since then I have found out some enlightening information. They are newer members to my eyes and like everyone here I have to get used to their viewpoints and swallow the bullet. I'll try my best to keep genial.

It is a grand film. Great hangover fare on a rainy afternoon. Would take it over more recent dour offerings.
    DAD sucks.

PS: just like to come to this thread sometimes to drop this one. It´s a guily pleasure.

Again, DAD sucks.

Not cool, @0Brady [-(
    Yes, I posted that in anger and lost my cool. My apologies to @007RogerMoore, who since then I have found out some enlightening information. They are newer members to my eyes and like everyone here I have to get used to their viewpoints and swallow the bullet. I'll try my best to keep genial.
    No hard feeings. I though you were just kidding. But you may have a hard time with all the Roger Moore love I´m gonna give here. One day perhaps you will find me and behead me. Especially after I say this: I like Batman & Robin more than The Dark Knight. That might be the ultimate sin.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Die Another Day isn't for the Flemming Purists, but it's for those who love fun entertaining movies. I love all the James Bond flicks, I wish everyone else did too. I've been seeing nothing but hate rants about this film and the other films and it's really quite annoying now.

Not cool, @0Brady [-(
    No hard feeings. I though you were just kidding. But you may have a hard time with all the Roger Moore love I´m gonna give here. One day perhaps you will find me and behead me. Especially after I say this: I like Batman & Robin more than The Dark Knight. That might be the ultimate sin.
    4924013_f520.jpg
    35eeyl.jpg
    Murdock wrote:
    Die Another Day isn't for the Flemming Purists, but it's for those who love fun entertaining movies. I love all the James Bond flicks, I wish everyone else did too. I've been seeing nothing but hate rants about this film and the other films and it's really quite annoying now.

DAD isn´t gonna get any hate from me atleast, and probably not from DC007 and Crab_Of_Doom, if his account won´t be deleted.

Not cool, @0Brady [-(
    4924013_f520.jpg
    35eeyl.jpg

Perhaps I forgot to tell you, that George Clooney is my favorite Batman.
    And I was very afraid of Clayface when I was 6 years old.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Grant wrote:
    It is a grand film. Great hangover fare on a rainy afternoon. Would take it over more recent dour offerings.

In that case I'd take OP, TB, GE, YOLT or even TND.

Regarding DAD as a reviewer said: "I suppose you can just turn off your brain accept the film's lack of logic...or physics...or wit...ignore the presence of awful performances, appauling dialogue, embarrassing special effects and just try to enjoy it as a colourful mess of images that are trying to goofingly entertain you but I can't"

There ARE actually some good scenes in DAD but its lost amongst the rubbish.

Allegedly the director also wanted to answer the infamous "code name" theory aswell.

I understand QoS wasn't a particularly great outing and I do sometimes feel DAD has more of an "escapist" value because of a few decent scenes but to say its better than CR is really pushing it.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I feel like This is the Die Hard 4 of the Bond Series, something unique and full of fun.
    Yeah, Die Hard 4 was great, I liked it more than the third. Especially when John destroys a helicopter with a car.
    Die Hard 4 was unique and full of fun?
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Grant wrote:

As a reviewer said: "I suppose you can just turn off your brain accept the film's lack of logic...or physics...or wit...ignore the presence of awful performances, appauling dialogue, embarrassing special effects and just try to enjoy it as a colourful mess of images that are trying to goofingly entertain you but I can't"

Allegedly the director also wanted to answer the infamous "code name" theory aswell.

I understand QoS wasn't a particularly great outing and I do sometimes feel DAD has more of an "escapist" value because of a few decent scenes but to say its better than CR is really pushing it.

That is me in a nutshell, and why I look at the Bond films as films in general instead of in the constraints on the franchise. I'm too much of a movie lover to let things pass like that. That quote sounds a lot like what Mark Kermode would say...
    Murdock wrote:
    I feel like This is the Die Hard 4 of the Bond Series, something unique and full of fun.

Die Hard 4 was very, very, very surprisingly good, and stands up on its own two feet very well. And it's Bruce with a gun and things to save from danger abound. Instant success there. Hopefully Die Hard 5 doesn't muck it up.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Grant wrote:

As a reviewer said: "I suppose you can just turn off your brain accept the film's lack of logic...or physics...or wit...ignore the presence of awful performances, appauling dialogue, embarrassing special effects and just try to enjoy it as a colourful mess of images that are trying to goofingly entertain you but I can't"

That is me in a nutshell, and why I look at the Bond films as films in general instead of in the constraints on the franchise. I'm too much of a movie lover to let things pass like that. That quote sounds a lot like what Mark Kermode would say...

See? Common ground here ;) I knew you weren´t a bad chap. Cheers.
    Murdock wrote:

Die Hard 4 was very, very, very surprisingly good, and stands up on its own two feet very well. And it's Bruce with a gun and things to save from danger abound. Instant success there. Hopefully Die Hard 5 doesn't muck it up.

The directors cut of DH4 is better ;)
    Murdock wrote:

Damn, lost it again. The common ground I mean.