Reunion with Death - early third Dalton treatment?

The current issue of MI6 Confidential advertises an article about an early draft of what would have been Dalton's third film that was written by Richard Smith. Has anyone read this yet?
«13456

Comments

  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Posts: 1,499
    All I know so far is that it's set in Rome and Japan and inspired by the YOLT novel.
  • Posts: 104
    Apparently there's a detailed summary of the treatment in the article.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Posts: 3,575
    coco1997 wrote: »
    Apparently there's a detailed summary of the treatment in the article.

    There is. I can confirm that. Would you like some scans of the article so that you can read it without having to pick up the issue?
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 1,499
    coco1997 wrote: »
    Apparently there's a detailed summary of the treatment in the article.

    There is. I can confirm that. Would you like some scans of the article so that you can read it without having to pick up the issue?

    I don't know about him but I definitely would. :)
  • Posts: 104
    coco1997 wrote: »
    Apparently there's a detailed summary of the treatment in the article.

    There is. I can confirm that. Would you like some scans of the article so that you can read it without having to pick up the issue?

    That would be awesome. I actually ordered the issue early this month, but I think it got lost in the mail...
  • Posts: 104
    How about a summary of its contents?
  • DragonpolDragonpol The Crazy World of David Dragonpol
    Posts: 14,754
    I need to buy this issue.
  • Posts: 559
    It was actually intended to be Dalton's fourth (or even fifth) Bond film. EON was already developing Bond 17 (GOLDENEYE) with Michael France. Richard Smith and John Cork were hired to write treatments for the next two films.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Enemy of the state
    Posts: 41,627
    What could have been. Interesting to contemplate.
  • DragonpolDragonpol The Crazy World of David Dragonpol
    edited January 2018 Posts: 14,754
    What could have been. Interesting to contemplate.

    Indeed. It always is. Damn shame it never happened, though.
  • Posts: 559
    As far as I know, Smith's treatment is the only EON-commissioned Bond story to use material from the Christopher Wood novelization of THE SPY WHO LOVED ME.
  • DragonpolDragonpol The Crazy World of David Dragonpol
    Posts: 14,754
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    As far as I know, Smith's treatment is the only EON-commissioned Bond story to use material from the Christopher Wood novelization of THE SPY WHO LOVED ME.

    Oh, that sounds very interesting indeed. What was used?
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 559
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    As far as I know, Smith's treatment is the only EON-commissioned Bond story to use material from the Christopher Wood novelization of THE SPY WHO LOVED ME.

    Oh, that sounds very interesting indeed. What was used?

    The gun-in-the-typewriter scene, updated with a laptop computer.
  • DragonpolDragonpol The Crazy World of David Dragonpol
    edited January 2018 Posts: 14,754
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    As far as I know, Smith's treatment is the only EON-commissioned Bond story to use material from the Christopher Wood novelization of THE SPY WHO LOVED ME.

    Oh, that sounds very interesting indeed. What was used?

    The gun-in-the-typewriter scene, updated with a laptop computer.

    Ah, that was a nice touch, then. It's the first time I've ever heard of a Bond film novelisation being used as a source in a later film screenplay!

    I really must get this issue. It sounds right up my street! :)
  • ChriskarrChriskarr Spain
    Posts: 44
    I hope we find the entire 37-page draft (in PDF or else). It is very interesting. Please, can anyone share the article of MI6 Condifential?
  • Posts: 559
    Have you considered ordering the issue and supporting the magazine?

    https://www.mi6confidential.com/issue_43.php
  • ChriskarrChriskarr Spain
    Posts: 44
    Maybe it's the only way. Also, it would be curious to see the original scanned draft. Maybe one day it will appear in pdf.
  • ChriskarrChriskarr Spain
    Posts: 44
    DQdkxOlUMAAaCYe.jpg
  • Posts: 13,262
    Is it the one with the robot?
  • Posts: 559
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Is it the one with the robot?

    No. You're referring to the Alfonse Ruggiero/Michael Wilson treatment that was done for Bond 17.
  • Posts: 13,262
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Is it the one with the robot?

    No. You're referring to the Alfonse Ruggiero/Michael Wilson treatment that was done for Bond 17.

    Ah OK.
  • DragonpolDragonpol The Crazy World of David Dragonpol
    Posts: 14,754
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Is it the one with the robot?

    No. You're referring to the Alfonse Ruggiero/Michael Wilson treatment that was done for Bond 17.

    I think that was the one where Disney was going to be involved in making the robots or something?
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Posts: 1,499
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Is it the one with the robot?

    No. You're referring to the Alfonse Ruggiero/Michael Wilson treatment that was done for Bond 17.

    I think that was the one where Disney was going to be involved in making the robots or something?

    Precisely. Apart from a certain scene with a cyborg, it's actually a pretty decent treatment.
  • DragonpolDragonpol The Crazy World of David Dragonpol
    Posts: 14,754
    Remington wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Is it the one with the robot?

    No. You're referring to the Alfonse Ruggiero/Michael Wilson treatment that was done for Bond 17.

    I think that was the one where Disney was going to be involved in making the robots or something?

    Precisely. Apart from a certain scene with a cyborg, it's actually a pretty decent treatment.

    Is it available to read anywhere? I think that was the script set partly in Hong Kong and with a villain named Sir Henry Lee Ching?
  • ChriskarrChriskarr Spain
    edited February 2018 Posts: 44
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Is it the one with the robot?

    No. You're referring to the Alfonse Ruggiero/Michael Wilson treatment that was done for Bond 17.

    I think that was the one where Disney was going to be involved in making the robots or something?

    Precisely. Apart from a certain scene with a cyborg, it's actually a pretty decent treatment.

    Is it available to read anywhere? I think that was the script set partly in Hong Kong and with a villain named Sir Henry Lee Ching?

    Yes, here are:
    Resume: https://mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_17_intro.php3
    Transcript, resume more detailed: debrief.commanderbond.net/topic/23731-bond-xvii/
  • Posts: 775
    Or you can read the FULL script here with google translate : http://www.commander007.net/2016/03/bond-17-le-scenario-dalfonse-ruggiero-et-michael-wilson/
  • ChriskarrChriskarr Spain
    Posts: 44

    I recommend it.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Posts: 1,499
    Done right with a couple bits revised, it could've been Dalton's GF/TSWLM.
  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,485
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    Have you considered ordering the issue and supporting the magazine?

    https://www.mi6confidential.com/issue_43.php

    Bond fans buying things? You must be joking. There’s a reason EON have limited merchandise.
  • DragonpolDragonpol The Crazy World of David Dragonpol
    Posts: 14,754
    RC7 wrote: »
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    Have you considered ordering the issue and supporting the magazine?

    https://www.mi6confidential.com/issue_43.php

    Bond fans buying things? You must be joking. There’s a reason EON have limited merchandise.

    I try to make up for them all. I always try to buy my sources where at all possible.
Sign In or Register to comment.