The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Lotte Lenya was a great actress.
    “...Err make that an hour and a half”
    This scene with Bond and Moneypenny was the best one in the Connery era.

“Darling Moneypenny, you’d know I’d never even look at another woman”
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,883
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    I love the atmosphere of this film. Little moments like Tatiana walking through the cobbled alleyways to meet Klebb.
    +1. One of my favourite scenes in the entire franchise, particularly when combined at that moment with Barry's intoxicating & suspenseful score.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 11,189
    This lady gypsy fight certainly is quite full on for the time, but It always reminds me of the one from Airplane
    “...in the meantime I’ll take care of this filthy stuff” *begins to take a swig*
    The lighting during the scene where Bond and Kerim take out Krilenco. Beautiful stuff.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    My reverse Bondathon is on pause, can someone suggest a Bond film they like that's not DC.
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    go big go GOLDFINGER, GOLDENEYE or THE SPY WHO LOVED ME
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    go big go GOLDFINGER, GOLDENEYE or THE SPY WHO LOVED ME

Glad you gave me three choices, I struggle with Goldfinger, I'll choose Goldeneye not seen that for over a year Brosbonds best film.
    I always enjoyed Bernard Lee scenes with the Bonds he appeared with great actor.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Turning on TB.
    Is Fiona volpe a henchwoman or a Bond girl
    Turning on TB.

I would say both much like Xenia
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Turning on TB.

Both. IMO anyway. And in a perfect world, the mother of my children.
    Well like if I was to rank all the henchman and rank all the Bond girls, would she be on both lists?( I am Ranking all of them)
    My own personal favorite Connery performance is TB. All of his first four are amazing though. He is noticeably not as great in YOLT and DAF, but still gets some good moments.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Connery gets flak, often from me about his later performances, but there is no question in my mind that he comes off more engaged and more charismatic in DAF than YOLT, markedly so. He has some strong moments; my favorite being at the poolside with Tiffany and Dead Plenty. I also love it that he is repeatedly and visibly surprised by Blofeld's shenanigans. Both in the PTS and in the Whyte House, Bond looks absolutely bewildered and taken by surprise when first confronted by Blofeld.
    I quite agree. He is superior in DAF for me too.

YOLT is his least impressive performance (including NSNA) for me. He has a bit of a slouch in that film too (as he does in DAF). It disappeared in NSNA thankfully.
    I noticed bond gets shoot in the ankle. How many times is bond shot in the series, is it just twice, this film and skyfall. Also am I correct in recalling that in the shirtless scene in LTK Bond has a bullet scar on his left shoulder
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited January 2018 Posts: 45,489
    I always enjoyed Bernard Lee scenes with the Bonds he appeared with great actor.

Doubt we will ever get such a good M again.

Doubt we will ever get such a good M again.

Lee was one of those actors we probably won't see the likes of again.
    Unfortunately, TMWTGG has one of the weakest PTSs. I like the funhouse, but the sequence overall is just sort of average.
    The title song is worse. One of the series’ worst I’m afraid.
    The first 40 minutes aren't doing much to change my mind. I like Scaramanga and Anders, but the rest is sort of blah so far. Moore isn't bad, but it's not his best performance either IMO (LALD, TSWLM, and FYEO have those IMO).
    The Bond films I feel are the biggest letdowns and should have been better (not quite the worst but still had lots of potential) are TMWTGG, TWINE, and SP. All of these are quite frustrating for me, because I like certain aspects about them, but the execution in each can be quite questionable. TMWTGG gets yet another rough viewing for me unfortunately.
    With today, indeed being MICKEY G.'s 76th birthday, I feel inclined to pop in a Michael G Wilson Bond film a bit later.
    I have to go to work for a few hours this morning, which will give me time to contemplate which Michael film to watch. Right now, I am leaning towards AVTAK being his first time as co- producer. However, my mood may change bu this afternoon.
    @FoxRox I've always struggled with GG. It's a tired film with a rather mean spirit and cruel sensibility.
    QUANTUM OF SOLACE

In honor of Mickey G's b day.

PTS..........
    Craig looks great here.
    Very tight compact opening.
    Time to get out.