"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

This round is making a mockery of my Fantasy team…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The only positive thing I can say about United today is at least we did not lose
    All credit to Burnley. With their injuries they still put up a good fight against United. If only they could have done the same last round…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Not seen game as I am working, happy United showed fight we are in a slump of sorts, Burnley are a good side for sure
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Must've been a real conundrum for @TheWizardOfIce today. His two favourite managers going head to head. He must've wanked himself into nothingness. RIP fella.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited December 2017 Posts: 9,117
    DCisared wrote: »
    Must've been a real conundrum for @TheWizardOfIce today. His two favourite managers going head to head. He must've wanked himself into nothingness. RIP fella.

Yeah quite a titanic battle. Meanwhile Jurgen papering over the cracks with another brutalising of a shit team happy to turn up at Anfield and do a goatse.

Still, in Minger we trust son.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 1,575

Yeah quite a titanic battle. Meanwhile Jurgen papering over the cracks with another brutalising of a shit team happy to turn up at Anfield and do a goatse.

Still, in Minger we trust son.

Great win by Liverpool.
    Salah should have had a penalty.
    He should have given Ward a game. He just forgives moreno, dj lovren and the mig for their mistakes....and that spells TROUBLE ............

Jose Mourinho claimed Manchester United will need to spend more money and says Manchester City "buy full-backs for the price of strikers".

When it was pointed out United have spent heavily - roughly £286m - since Mourinho took charge in 2016, the Portuguese replied: "OK, (but) it is not enough.

From the special one to the Spending one.
    skysports-jose-mourinho-mourinho-man-utd_4191703.jpg?20171225163414

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4731720/Pep-Guardiola-cl.html

Shock, horror! The Sun King himself spunks money all over the shop at a higher rate than Jose (91.2m per year v 70.9m per year).

You wonder where Dyche might be with that money behind him, or indeed Jurgen if FSG ever gave him a penny. To be fair on a pounds spent v points gained basis Jurgen probably right up there as our board a disgrace.
    This is the special one!
    9bdjqa.gif
    The reds agreeing a 75mill fee for Van Dijk. Eye watering.
    75 million for a defender? These are crazy times!
    jobo wrote: »

Mental isn't it? Ha ha hopefully we'll stick him in goal XD
    jobo wrote: »

Mental isn't it? Ha ha hopefully we'll stick him in goal XD

Just let Cout go finally, and you'll have more than enough to get a goaly and maybe one more defender too ;)

Yeah but remember he's literally the only defender in the world better than what we've got already according to our manager.

Seriously 75m? What was it they wanted in the summer? Around 85m? So for the sake of 10m our season a write off. Nice one FSG.

I presume they already have an agreement with Barca for Cout for around the 100m mark to fund this purchase that way they can pretend they are spending big while at the same time trousering another 25m of the club's money?

JW Henry just Sullivan & Gold with a fitter wife.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 1,575

Yeah but remember he's literally the only defender in the world better than what we've got already according to our manager.

Seriously 75m? What was it they wanted in the summer? Around 85m? So for the sake of 10m our season a write off. Nice one FSG.

I presume they already have an agreement with Barca for Cout for around the 100m mark to fund this purchase that way they can pretend they are spending big while at the same time trousering another 25m of the club's money?

JW Henry just Sullivan & Gold with a fitter wife.

75m is crazy. Especially if klopper keeps playing the mug (the worst keeper in the league) and moreno.

It's un Liverpool like to spend so much on a defender.
    Their scouts should be doing a better job finding players like Salah, the ox and robertson.

75m is mad, but that's what happens when rich owners, backed by ludicrous TV money, drive prices up.
    Those prices will only become bigger. Klopp should feel lucky to get the deal through now, and not in a year or so. Can only imagine Van Dijk will be harder to get in the future.
    if Barca/Real come in for Van Dijk next season,Liverpool will need to be prepared for him to do the same to them as he did to Southampton.

He is that kind of person,untrustworthy.
    I'm glad Arsenal didn't move in for him.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    if Barca/Real come in for Van Dijk next season,Liverpool will need to be prepared for him to do the same to them as he did to Southampton.

He was only a short period in Celtic too, if I remember correctly.

Indeed,good point Torg !

• edited December 2017 Posts: 17,357

Indeed,good point Torg !

Ronny Deila, who managed Celtic back then, has stated that he wanted Van Dijk to go to a bigger club than Southampton – something that the big clubs might regret now, given the price tag. Then again, the big clubs can spend that kind of money, too.

Why weren't the big clubs ready to sign him back then?
    75m what you're gonna pay when people know you're desperate. We're like a thirsty bloke trekking through the Sahara who has just stumbled across a kiosk selling ice cold Evian. They can charge what they want and we'll pay it because another sip from our flask of warm camel's piss (or 'Moreno, Minger and Lovren' as the Bedouin call it) is just too much to take.

Quite. I'm distinctly sceptical whether or not he's the sort of bloke you'd trust to follow you over the top into no man's land.

And until the keeper situation is addressed it's still fiddling while Rome burns.
    75m what you're gonna pay when people know you're desperate. We're like a thirsty bloke trekking through the Sahara who has just stumbled across a kiosk selling ice cold Evian. They can charge what they want and we'll pay it because another sip from our flask of warm camel's piss (or 'Moreno, Minger and Lovren' as the Bedouin call it) is just too much to take.

Quite. I'm distinctly sceptical whether or not he's the sort of bloke you'd trust to follow you over the top into no man's land.

And until the keeper situation is addressed it's still fiddling while Rome burns.

Butland is on Klopp's radar apparently
    Nice first half from Arsenal at Selhurst Park. Still not putting all those chances into goals!
    SANCHEZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game is a total roller coaster!

EDIT : SANCHEZ AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3-1

EDIT : SANCHEZ AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3-1

LOVELY!
    Such a shame he will leave!
    Was just thinking is this likely to be Sanchez last game