What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I’ve been suggesting Noel Gallagher for some time but after hearing Liam’s latest album I’m leaning his way; either are up to the task but I think Liam could bring back the confident (arrogant) swagger of CR’s You Know My Nsme.
    Whomever is chosen, please not another ballad.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I can live with Sheeran or either Gallagher.

Before The Last Jedi in the theatre yesterday there were some commerical ads. One was for Apple (ipod I think). It had Sam Smith doing his usual shtick (new song I suppose). Dear Lord it was bad. I was trapped. Thankfully it only lasted a few minutes and then we were onto a preview of Infinity War to uplift my deflated spirits. I caution everyone to take in a few earmuffs so you can protect yourselves. I'll be doing that for my second viewing, that's for sure!
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 12,837
    Sheeran's a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine I won't lie but keep him away from Bond please. I'm sure Noel Gallagher would deliver, been saying that for years. Liam could be good too if he had the right talent behind him, I've enjoyed what I've heard of his new album, but I think Noel would be a better choice for Bond. He's great with melody which I think is the most important thing with a Bond theme, a nice memorable melody that you can weave into the score. Isn't there a High Flying Birds track he wrote as a Bond theme?

I really want Alex Turner to do it. Either with Miles Kane or Arctic Monkeys. Just let him have a shot. I bet that's the sort of artist DC would want as well.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2017 Posts: 4,416
    Billie Eilish (American)

Sheena Easton whas also very young when she did FYEO.

Mabey to young for Bond 25. She turn 16 today, in July 2019 she is 17 and she wil not turn 18 before 19 December 2019. Mabey in 2022 when she is 20 and wil turn 21 in that year.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    bondjames wrote: »
    I can live with Sheeran or either Gallagher.

Before The Last Jedi in the theatre yesterday there were some commerical ads. One was for Apple (ipod I think). It had Sam Smith doing his usual shtick (new song I suppose). Dear Lord it was bad. I was trapped. Thankfully it only lasted a few minutes and then we were onto a preview of Infinity War to uplift my deflated spirits. I caution everyone to take in a few earmuffs so you can protect yourselves. I'll be doing that for my second viewing, that's for sure!

I feel your pain. I was in HMV recently and they had his album playing. LOUD. I was like 'what is this sh*t?!'. Man that is bad moosick.
    Its hard but if you make a big effort to separate the song from the singer, SS can write some very decent stuff but he should be kept away from the microphone IMHO

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Can we get songs like Goldfinger and Thunderball? Those are the epitome of what a Bond song would/should sound like.
    patb wrote: »
    Its hard but if you make a big effort to separate the song from the singer, SS can write some very decent stuff but he should be kept away from the microphone IMHO

I agree, WOTW in not a bad song but his delivery is so whiney and needy that it , for me, makes it unlistenable.

It was the wrong song for the film. It's someone begging to survive whereas the film depicts Bond in the opposite direction where he's in control and Blofeld is his patsy.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Hammerzeit!
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Of course he is. Because his song was very well received. (Sarcasm)
    Please, NO!
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Please Please Please Please NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Oh dear god ...
    If this is true then it seems to be time for me to sit a new Bond film out. Not especially because of the title song, but if they really want Smith back it means they don´t intend to change the problematic things.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England

Good god, no! I really cannot stand his voice. Frickin awful. Time to get a real singer back. For me it's Jones The Voice - that's right, give Sir Tom Jones another bash!
    I'm glad to see I'm not alone in being horrified by this latest rumour.
    --
    Good god, no! I really cannot stand his voice. Frickin awful. Time to get a real singer back. For me it's Jones The Voice - that's right, give Sir Tom Jones another bash!
    I'm all for this. Huge fan of the TB song and delivery by Sir Tom.
    If Smith is was was the biggest problem with SPECTRE then a fast forward would solve the problem. As it is the whole movie is best fast forwarded.

Like with Adele I would not worry too much she did not come back either after the first time.

If Beyonce says at any time ME, we will have her theme song I expect.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett! You know you want it!
    Please no Beyoncé. Bond needs another song with balls, pun intended, not another ballad. Either one of the Gallaher brothers would work nicely.
    I'd rather have Paul Weller than those obnoxious Gallagher has-beens. Besides, the Gallagher's failed to crack America just as their heroes Slade did, so why would either of them be chosen for a title song?
    Because both are incredibly talented and the quality of their recent works is incredible.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 3,333
    I'm afraid that's subjective. As I pointed out, like Paul Weller, Blur, Suede, Stone Roses, the Gallagher's failed to crack America, therefore Eon are hardly going to choose an artist that gets little or no media coverage in the States.

There's more chance of Gavin Rossdale singing the next Bond song than the Gallagher Brothers. At least Rossdale is well known in the States from his band Bush.
    Is it too much to ask for another Goldfinger style song?
    bondsum wrote: »
    I'm afraid that's subjective. As I pointed out, like Paul Weller, Blur, Suede, Stone Roses, the Gallagher's failed to crack America, therefore Eon are hardly going to choose an artist that gets little or no media coverage in the States.

There's more chance of Gavin Rossdale singing the next Bond song than the Gallagher Brothers. At least Rossdale is well known in the States from his band Bush.

How many would have predicted Chris Cornell?

Virtually no one; at the time his "media coverage" was virtually nil. In the end he produces , arguably the best song of the Crag era.

True , it's all subjective and opinions are often fueled by personal bias; How you describe the brothers, " obnoxious" and "has-beens" reveal yours. That's valid, but still only an opinion, not a fact.

Given they've won two Oscars in a row, one can only hope they shelve any dreams of a hat-trick and rather attempt to give us a decent song next time out. I'd also prefer a song with a bit more punch after more than a decade of slop.
  • bondsum wrote: »

You know I completely forgot Suede existed until this post and I'm sure I have a few of their CDs knocking about somewhere. This is going to be a nice nostalgic afternoon.
    Given they've won two Oscars in a row, one can only hope they shelve any dreams of a hat-trick and rather attempt to give us a decent song next time out. I'd also prefer a song with a bit more punch after more than a decade of slop.

I actually liked WOTW aside from the falsetto bits but I still can't believe it won the Oscar. And I agree, I'd like something with a bit more of an edge to it rather than another ballad.

Something tells me that's what we can expect from the film in general though. Craig wants to go out on a high and for him I think that means something a bit more ballsy and edgy like how he started, so we could see that reflected in the theme song.
This discussion has been closed.