I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    In the eco party in QOS, all the quantum agents are wearing Q pins on their suits ( supposedly an updated version of the spectre ring)

Noticed it the first time a few weeks ago.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    QBranch wrote: »
    In the eco party in QOS, all the quantum agents are wearing Q pins on their suits ( supposedly an updated version of the spectre ring)
    I didn't notice this until recently too. Was kind of hoping the Colonel of Police would be wearing one, as a hint that he's dirty.

One of those pins are also in the things that Bond gets from the guy he knocks out in the bathroom as well:

https://screenmusings.org/movie/blu-ray/Quantum-of-Solace/images/Quantum-of-Solace-0819.jpg

I love the sliminess of that Tosca meet-up, and how Quantum get their secret goodie bags. Ugh!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I love the sliminess of that Tosca meet-up, and how Quantum get their secret goodie bags. Ugh!
    I can just imagine one of the non-Quantum guests arguing with the desk ladies:

"Excuse me, I was given this gift bag with the black ribbon, but other guests have one with a pretty purple ribbon? What's in the purple one? Looks like it comes with a lapel pin. I want one of those."

"I, uh... I don't know what you're talking about."

"Sure you do. I noticed you have a heap of them hidden under this table."

"Um, SECURITY!"
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I can just imagine one of the non-Quantum guests arguing with the desk ladies:

"Excuse me, I was given this gift bag with the black ribbon, but other guests have one with a pretty purple ribbon? What's in the purple one? Looks like it comes with a lapel pin. I want one of those."

"I, uh... I don't know what you're talking about."

"Sure you do. I noticed you have a heap of them hidden under this table."

"Um, SECURITY!"

He was swiftly and discreetly taken out the back of the opera house and shot.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Arnold incorporated parts of AWTD into his score for QoS
    Could you indicate at least some of the tracks in which AWTD can be heard, and in which moments? I don't recall hearing the theme in the score, but I admit it's possible it was integrated in subtle, brief ways.
    I can hear the melody at the end of the pre-title sequence, immediately before the main titles start.
    ("Time to get Out", 3:00 mark)

Also as Bond rides the boat to Mathis' villa, the score seamlessy circuits through YKMN, AWTD, Bond Theme.
    ("Talamone")
  • @RichardTheBruce, you're confusing AWTD with No Good About Goodbye in that "Talamone" track, I believe.
    @Some_Kind_Of_Hero, do you have a music background of any kind?

Only my passionate interest in film scores. Been enjoying them all my life. :D

But I've never studied music or learned an instrument. I've tied teaching myself songs on the piano a few times and composed some "film music" on the computer I thought turned out half decent. I wish I knew more about music. Maybe one day I'll have to invest in some classes.

@Some_Kind_Of_Hero, I see. Well, just from reading your thoughts you seemed to know your stuff and the lingo so I thought I should inquire.

I have a minor interest in learning some music, but my arts background only extends to art and writing as I lacked the knowledge of music to play instruments or the social aptitude to be an actor. One day I hope to at least learn how to competently play the violin, as that is my favorite instrument and I think it'd be a nice way to relax when I needed to clear my head.
  • One day I hope to at least learn how to competently play the violin, as that is my favorite instrument and I think it'd be a nice way to relax when I needed to clear my head.

That would be very Holmesian!
    One day I hope to at least learn how to competently play the violin, as that is my favorite instrument and I think it'd be a nice way to relax when I needed to clear my head.

That would be very Holmesian!

Quite, @Some_Kind_Of_Hero. I've never felt more connected to a fictional character as I have Holmes, and that definitely extends to his musical interests amongst other things. Not so big on cocaine, though. ;)
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    @RichardTheBruce, you're confusing AWTD with No Good About Goodbye in that "Talamone" track, I believe.
    Maybe, but that's what I hear.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    In SF: bridges, tunnels, and (especially) arches everywhere!
    TripAces wrote: »
    In SF: bridges, tunnels, and (especially) arches everywhere!
    @TripAces, I do like that the film essentially bookends with Bond going underground, first in a quasi-retirement and then underground in London and before finally heading underneath the Scottish estate to escape the big explosion.

As for the bridges and arches...well, he does call London home!
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Pierce's Moneypenny is in Downton Abbey.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

Not a chance in hell I'd ever notice that ;-)
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO

Do you watch that @CommanderRoss?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    How about a Bond girl with the name Abby Downton? Naaaah, not insinuating enough.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

nope. That's the point. ;-) I don't have a TV either, so I'm not really tempted...

nope. That's the point. ;-) I don't have a TV either, so I'm not really tempted...

No TV ?!

How do you watch Bond films,Rossy ?
    I have them programmed in my mind. That way I can wach them when I sleep...

that and using a laptop ;-)
    I know the feeling !!
    We've been brainwashed.
    I have them programmed in my mind. That way I can wach them when I sleep...

that and using a laptop ;-)

I use a projector myself.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I use all media, including mime and interpretative dance.
    I use all media, including mime and interpretative dance.

Lovely.
    LTK: Q, undercover, uses the broomstick radio to communicate with Pam. Afterwards, he throws it in the bushes. He does not "bring it back in one piece". [-X
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That is the joke.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 13,972
    Have a look at the scene in LTK where Bond and Pam are in the hotel elevator. When they exit, Bond says "stay here". Pam sulks and pulls a gun from her purse. She then looks straight into the camera for a few seconds, and then past it.
    Well she didn't know there was a camera there...
    Well she didn't know there was a camera there...

Well, let's get to business, I assume you've come for the real ...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Have a look at the scene in LTK where Bond and Pam are in the hotel elevator. When they exit, Bond says "stay here". Pam sulks and pulls a gun from her purse. She then looks straight into the camera for a few seconds, and then past it.

Implying she wants to kill the cameraman and John Glen. Glen probably got off on it.
  • I never noticed this small moment right at the beginning of Dr. No: Strangways is about to leave his bridge 4 at the Queens Club and meet his untimely demise when he says: "Order a round on my chit will you professor" to which Dent replies curtly: "Right" without looking Strangways in the eye. Its a small fleeting moment of recognition on Dents part that Strangways is about to be murdered, and he can't bare to look him in the face knowing what he knows. Very interesting.